How to calculate th CP cost of a weapon?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

How to calculate th CP cost of a weapon?

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 am

Hello,

I decided to give all my space troopers smgs, that way they aren't just grey standard infantry with a +1 to armor.

However, I find the range of the machine guns in the rulebook to be a bit short for my taste (6 inches) so I decided to round it up to 8.

Since the statcard generator doesn't allow custom weapons, I was wondering if someone could tell me ow to work out the cp for a weapon.

Spoiler: show
Some space troopers so you know what I'm talking about.
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Re: How to calculate th CP cost of a weapon?

Postby RedRover » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:57 am

motorhead fan wrote:I was wondering if someone could tell me ow to work out the cp for a weapon.

[/spoiler]

I have stated an SMG before as the same damage output as a rifle (1d6+1) and a range of 8 but the trade off is that it can be used 1 handed. Since I subtracted range but effectively freed a hand, I thought it was a fair trade and kept its CP the same.
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby stubby » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:32 am

motorhead fan wrote:However, I find the range of the machine guns in the rulebook to be a bit short for my taste (6 inches) so I decided to round it up to 8.

Stats for Bastard AutoGuns are assed in the Minifig Bastard Guns table in 8.1: Weapon Size.

AutoGun (M) Bastard MachineGun
Cost:6CP Use:3 Range:8" Damage:1d6+1 Notes: Two-Handed; -1 Auto Penalty per Firing Arc or Burst; may require Reload
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:42 pm

It's kind of annoying that I forgot that it existed, I printed off a piece of paper of all the weapons and it's on my desk in my room. Thanks for the help!
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Return to The Rulebook