How to calculate th CP cost of a weapon?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

How to calculate th CP cost of a weapon?

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 am

Hello,

I decided to give all my space troopers smgs, that way they aren't just grey standard infantry with a +1 to armor.

However, I find the range of the machine guns in the rulebook to be a bit short for my taste (6 inches) so I decided to round it up to 8.

Since the statcard generator doesn't allow custom weapons, I was wondering if someone could tell me ow to work out the cp for a weapon.

Spoiler: show
Some space troopers so you know what I'm talking about.
motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Re: How to calculate th CP cost of a weapon?

Postby RedRover » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:57 am

motorhead fan wrote:I was wondering if someone could tell me ow to work out the cp for a weapon.

[/spoiler]

I have stated an SMG before as the same damage output as a rifle (1d6+1) and a range of 8 but the trade off is that it can be used 1 handed. Since I subtracted range but effectively freed a hand, I thought it was a fair trade and kept its CP the same.
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby stubby » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:32 am

motorhead fan wrote:However, I find the range of the machine guns in the rulebook to be a bit short for my taste (6 inches) so I decided to round it up to 8.

Stats for Bastard AutoGuns are assed in the Minifig Bastard Guns table in 8.1: Weapon Size.

AutoGun (M) Bastard MachineGun
Cost:6CP Use:3 Range:8" Damage:1d6+1 Notes: Two-Handed; -1 Auto Penalty per Firing Arc or Burst; may require Reload
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:42 pm

It's kind of annoying that I forgot that it existed, I printed off a piece of paper of all the weapons and it's on my desk in my room. Thanks for the help!
motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Return to The Rulebook