Concerning CP and forum battles.

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Concerning CP and forum battles.

Postby TheAtomikpunk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:47 pm

I usually don't calculate CP (or any other costs for that matter) when playing brikwars irl. So my question is, does anyone care if I do the same for forum battles? Winging it is just more fun and faster than doing all that calculating.
My Stuff
"Remember Vegetables, Stay in Drugs, Don't do kids, and eat your school."

Wise man once said, " Tl;dr the entire rulebook is fudge."
TheAtomikpunk
wait, I don't get it

Location: Somewhere between fallout 3, skyrim, and brikwars...

Re: Concerning CP and forum battles.

Postby Captain-Camper » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 pm

TheAtomikpunk wrote:I usually don't calculate CP (or any other costs for that matter) when playing brikwars irl. So my question is, does anyone care if I do the same for forum battles? Winging it is just more fun and faster than doing all that calculating.

I think most people enjoy a balance match. This does not necessarily mean the CP points have to be equal at the start but they should equal out over time. But who gives a shit you're the boss of your toys and are here for fun, so do whatever!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby TheAtomikpunk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:
TheAtomikpunk wrote:I usually don't calculate CP (or any other costs for that matter) when playing brikwars irl. So my question is, does anyone care if I do the same for forum battles? Winging it is just more fun and faster than doing all that calculating.

I think most people enjoy a balance match. This does not necessarily mean the CP points have to be equal at the start but they should equal out over time. But who gives a shit you're the boss of your toys and are here for fun, so do whatever!

Heard :studgod:
My Stuff

TheAtomikpunk
wait, I don't get it

Postby stubby » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:07 pm

TheAtomikpunk wrote:I usually don't calculate CP (or any other costs for that matter) when playing brikwars irl.

Yeah, nobody does. But there are a couple of other options at the top of Chapter 11 if you want some alternatives.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby TheAtomikpunk » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:47 pm

stubby wrote:
TheAtomikpunk wrote:I usually don't calculate CP (or any other costs for that matter) when playing brikwars irl.

Yeah, nobody does. But there are a couple of other options at the top of Chapter 11 if you want some alternatives.

I legit posted this thread, then saw that ha ha ha.
My Stuff

TheAtomikpunk
wait, I don't get it

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:06 pm

I wouldn't bother with calculating equal CP for every faction, you should be able to eyeball it pretty well, just keep armies of basic infantry the same size, if you add a heavy take out two basic infantry, if you add a hero take out three basic infantry, if you add a tank take out five basic infantry, yadayadayada.

Hell, if you've got a fairly large battle don't even worry about making them equal, just look at ZZD, you've got factions of every size from huge armies to just one guy.
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:34 am

Even I fall into that category accidentally.  I use CP for my forum battles but I end up making up so much shit that they kind of fall away.  Make for a good baseline, though, especially if the game has some kind of escalation system or equipment buy scenarios.  Still...I'm eyeing those Unit Inches rules awful hard.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby stubby » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Even I fall into that category accidentally.  I use CP for my forum battles but I end up making up so much shit that they kind of fall away.  Make for a good baseline, though, especially if the game has some kind of escalation system or equipment buy scenarios.  Still...I'm eyeing those Unit Inches rules awful hard.

Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Zupponn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:57 pm

I usually try to just eyeball things in regard to army balance.  Usually it comes down to about 8-12 guys, a hero, and a vehicle of some sort per army for me.  Of course, different scenarios call for different balances between the armies.
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby TastySkippy123 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 am

I find that sometimes a battle rigged slightly in one factions favour can be more fun than one where it's all even steven.
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby sahasrahla » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:29 am

I've never played a game using cp
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Return to The Rulebook