questions about armor, heros, creations, actions, and sizes

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

questions about armor, heros, creations, actions, and sizes

Postby spartan117 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:16 pm

So reading the rules for armor has me a little puzzled. a normal un armored mini has 4 armor. now wearing armor is where i get confused. light armor is +2. and heavy armor from what i can glean takes away 1d6 damage. now does that mean i would take away one of the attackers dice? or i now have 4+ 1d6 armor? the latter makes more sense to me after playing it a bit. now continuing down that road, a minifig with heavy armor and a heavy shield has 4+2d6 armor. and ahero only has 2d6 armor.......this is where i get lost. so does that mean a hero with heavy armor and a heavy shield have 4 d6 armor? seems odd to me that the lowest the nromal guy could roll is 6 (4+ rolling two ones on his two d6) while the hero might roll as low as 4 getting all ones. do heros also then have a base armor of 4? making them totally naked 4+2d6? please if anyone can clarify.
also has their been anything for helmets? like its +1 to your armor?

ok second. how do crit rolls work? can they work for anything? lets say i shoot you with a pistol and my action roll is a 6, i get a skill benny. so now im rolling for damage, i roll my original d6 and it also rolls a six. does that mean now my pistol shot is up to three dice damage? and does armor work the same way? i thought it was only for skill rolls but now im not sure.

another question i have is has anyone ever made a size two hero? that way he could have two actions and have essentally 2 hit points? i have thrown around the idea and it would make a hero last a little longer, but also make his second point of damage mean he is a little weaker.
<img src="http://oi54.tinypic.com/9vdvd4.jpg">
TROLOLO
spartan117
Officer
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:31 am
Location: front lines

Re: questions about armor, heros, creations, actions, and si

Postby stubby » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:20 pm

spartan117 wrote:heavy armor from what i can glean takes away 1d6 damage. now does that mean i would take away one of the attackers dice?

That's right. A minifig with Heavy Armor is Shielded which means you take away an attacker's die. If he's using a weapon that only has one die of damage, it now does no damage at all - one-die weapons can't pierce heavy armor at all, unless they're boosted with bonus dice from something like Overskill or Momentum.

spartan117 wrote:a minifig with heavy armor and a heavy shield has 4+2d6 armor.

A minifig with Heavy Armor and a Heavy Shield has four armor, plus he's Shielded once from the Heavy Armor, and he may be Shielded a second time if he succeeds at Parrying with the Heavy Shield.

spartan117 wrote:also has their been anything for helmets? like its +1 to your armor?

There used to be, but keeping track of the +1s didn't end up being important enough to be worth the effort, so we made helmets decorative only. Better to let players use whatever headgear they want and not worry about the extra +1s.

spartan117 wrote:ok second. how do crit rolls work? can they work for anything? lets say i shoot you with a pistol and my action roll is a 6, i get a skill benny. so now im rolling for damage, i roll my original d6 and it also rolls a six. does that mean now my pistol shot is up to three dice damage?

That's right. And each of those three dice can also roll sixes, increasing the damage forever. It gets less and less likely with each roll, but in theory there's no limit to the amount of damage you can roll.

spartan117 wrote:and does armor work the same way? i thought it was only for skill rolls but now im not sure.

As long as the armor has a die roll, then it can also get bonus dice. Skill rolls are the only ones that give OverSkill bennies, but all die rolls can have regular Critical Success bonus dice.

spartan117 wrote:another question i have is has anyone ever made a size two hero? that way he could have two actions and have essentally 2 hit points? i have thrown around the idea and it would make a hero last a little longer, but also make his second point of damage mean he is a little weaker.

Sure. A Size 2" Hero would have two hit points (like a Horse). He wouldn't have two Actions, but his one Action would be twice as strong, and he could use much larger weapons than a regular minifig-sized Hero.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: questions about armor, heros, creations, actions, and si

Postby spartan117 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:49 pm

ok thanks Stubby! its not often you get to talk to the creator of the game about how the rules work.
<img src="http://oi54.tinypic.com/9vdvd4.jpg">
TROLOLO
spartan117
Officer
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:31 am
Location: front lines

Re: questions about armor, heros, creations, actions, and si

Postby Zupponn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:59 pm

stubby wrote:
spartan117 wrote:heavy armor from what i can glean takes away 1d6 damage. now does that mean i would take away one of the attackers dice?

That's right. A minifig with Heavy Armor is Shielded which means you take away an attacker's die. If he's using a weapon that only has one die of damage, it now does no damage at all - one-die weapons can't pierce heavy armor at all, unless they're boosted with bonus dice from something like Overskill or Momentum.

So the one die weapons never gets rolled at all because the die is taken away before rolling?  I always liked the idea that a single small weapon could crit for the chance to deal damage.

Image
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product
 
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Formerly Wisconsin, Now Minnesota

Re: questions about armor, heros, creations, actions, and si

Postby stubby » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 am

Zupponn wrote:So the one die weapons never gets rolled at all because the die is taken away before rolling?  I always liked the idea that a single small weapon could crit for the chance to deal damage.

That's why we have Overskill. A one-die weapon isn't enough to damage a Shielded target under normal conditions, but a critical success on the Attack Roll means it punches through and does damage anyway.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: questions about armor, heros, creations, actions, and si

Postby Zupponn » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:41 pm

stubby wrote:
Zupponn wrote:So the one die weapons never gets rolled at all because the die is taken away before rolling?  I always liked the idea that a single small weapon could crit for the chance to deal damage.

That's why we have Overskill. A one-die weapon isn't enough to damage a Shielded target under normal conditions, but a critical success on the Attack Roll means it punches through and does damage anyway.

I thought that was the case, but your original post was a little confusing.  I made a post and you cleared it up, so we're all good now.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product
 
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Formerly Wisconsin, Now Minnesota

Re: questions about armor, heros, creations, actions, and si

Postby Tzan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:56 pm

You have to roll all the dice first so you can see how many all the dice there are before removing one die from all the dice.
User avatar
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
 
Posts: 4486
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston


Return to The Rulebook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests