Rocket range

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

ImeantToDoThat
Champion
Champion

Rocket range

Post by ImeantToDoThat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 am

Simple question, on the weapons page, the rocket and the launcher each have a range, does that mean I can add these to each other, this makin the range of a size two launcher launching a size one rocket 2x6+1x6= 18 inches?

Vason
Hero

Re: Rocket range

Post by Vason » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:54 am

The stats of Rockets is for using one without a launcher. Think of Sidewinders on the wingtips of an F-18.

Launcher stats are for launching Payloads and Explosives that don't need to have their own way of moving. Think of a Railgun.

If you're looking to cheese for a little extra range, I don't see any reason you can't load a Sidewinder into a Railgun, but I'd also say you'd have to have the Power to use both in the same turn, and also meet the Use rating of both. I'd imagine odd Use penalties for Size and Range might crop up, as well.

ImeantToDoThat
Champion
Champion

Post by ImeantToDoThat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:02 am

Vason wrote:The stats of Rockets is for using one without a launcher. Think of Sidewinders on the wingtips of an F-18.

Launcher stats are for launching Payloads and Explosives that don't need to have their own way of moving. Think of a Railgun.

If you're looking to cheese for a little extra range, I don't see any reason you can't load a Sidewinder into a Railgun, but I'd also say you'd have to have the Power to use both in the same turn, and also meet the Use rating of both. I'd imagine odd Use penalties for Size and Range might crop up, as well.
Ah, i see. I didn’t we could launch Rockets without a launcher, and that you’d have to count whatever rail you mounted it on as the launcher, the fact that i Can just launch them as is has given me several new ideas

Hamahaki
Officer

Post by Hamahaki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:53 am

wait, do they just move forever
Banned from both brikwars discords 3 times