Rayhawk wrote:Sounds good, I'm going to give this system some further thought. I like having the damage increase related to Skill, but I also want to account for the following:
1. a way to have some of the missed shots from that burst hit other targets in the area.
2. more or fewer shots hitting larger or smaller targets
3. how a burst shot works against a Squad
my friend, let me answer these one by one:
1. Any minifig within 1" of the target must make a skill check to see if they've been hit by a stray bullet. this skill would be inversely proportional to the amount of shots that hit the target, so i'd say they must roll above 1d6-success grade. if that is failed, that minifig takes the amount of damage that would be dealt from a single shot. to put it into an example: after Rambrik the mighty shot the nameless yellow minifig, he noticed his girlfriend was standing to the side, about an inch away. she rolls to see if she's been hit, and rolls a 4 for herself, vs. a 6 (+3 for critical dice_ rolled on the damage. 9 - 4 is 5, which is above girlfriend's skill roll. she takes 1dg damage from the gun.
2. well this is self explanitory. the success grade is based off of skill. a larger target gives skill bonuses, which leads to larger success grade, in turn being more damage.
3. vs. a squad, i'd just say divide up the damage just like any other damage vs. a squad.