Rules Revision

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:53 pm

I stand on warhead's side of this particular cult-herding coin, I believe that rules are best used as a foil for mockery or as a point to persuade people that I'm not just playing with legos, (Which I am)
Also, you could just balance teams by making the numerically weaker one more awesome.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:54 am

Well for once I agree with the constable of the fun police, I like rules to guide me in my epic quests for complete and utter destruction, games need to be balanced and thas where the rules come in, let me exampleate....
RYNO V

Ok so the rnage based on the video game is about 8" but when you have the OMEGA series MkX you have about 12", the weapon can kill all bosses within a minute so say 2d10..no actually as it can also kill a hydra tank in a minute so 5d10???? that'll take down your average tank a SL but it'll also vaporise heroes??? and what about use???? well presuming a hero wields it a UR of 4????? then what about Cp??? damn this is hard, ok so call it 37(?) Oh crap i forgot about the spread!!! ok lets think uumm lets just say its a two finger spread, how should that affect the other stats, also should that do more damage to large objects?? and lower the damage?? also theres the Mk2 incinderary rocket launcher attached to it??? oh fuck it I give up!!!

My example shows why we need more rules and stuff, for customisation, fudging is fun but fucks the game up, i remember an old battle of mine (called'SHYITEfest'09' never published) and we had no rules for toxic shit based gas so we had to fudge it and it really unbalanced the game badly, also we needed jetpacks and that unbalanced the game.

(Note to grammar Piltogg's, my computer doesn't like the backspace button and whenever I type it goes over whats already been written and i can't be arsed to re-write this to correct the spelling errors and grammar infringements, and under rule #9457 of the grammar Piltogg code of honour and i qoute "When a piece of writing has had an obstacle preventing the correction of the grammar and syntax, a grammar Piltogg may only issue a cautionary warning to the grammar criminal" and yes i had to re-write that)
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:44 am

Haha, Dilanski you didn't have to state the obvious I can spot you rules guys from a single post. :D

Yeah, there are always going to be these two sides to Brikwars and that's a good thing. If you guys are so into balance which seems to be the one major quotable defence of the rules magi in every game I've ever known, then I guess what I'm really saying is that the balance should be somewhere between the rules and the imagination part and so long as neither side loses site or dismisses of the other then it'll work and be fun.

Back on Topic: If you lot like lots of info and rules and lists and things then would you be interested in the load of stats of all the teams and weapons so far used in Zombie (Zulu) Dawn? I based them on Natalya's stats and built from there.
Last edited by Warhead on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:18 am

Yea, I would definitely like to see your stats for some of the units.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:15 am

Ok, I'll start with the Manly Men since apart from Manly Fuckin' Santa they're all dead. Quick, to the Armoury Threads!..

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:06 pm

dilanski wrote:whenever I type it goes over whats already been written and I can't be arsed to re-write this to correct the spelling errors and grammar infringements
Press the Insert button.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:53 pm

There should be a section for Morale rules: "There are no morale rules in Brikwars. Anyone who suggests having Morale rules in Brikwars should be immediately forced to eat their entire LEGO brick collection."

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:22 pm

...or my soggy stained underpants. Morale in Brikwars, HAH! :evil:

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Theblackdog wrote:There should be a section for Morale rules: "There are no morale rules in Brikwars. Anyone who suggests having Morale rules in Brikwars should be immediately forced to eat their entire LEGO brick collection."
I too have pondered this.

WHEN ARE THE NEW RULES COMING OUT?

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:53 pm

spartan117 wrote:I would LOVE it if stubby put some kind of halo thing into the rules../if not just

for bragging.

manly santa in the rules=win

umm and what about some more races like I duno robots?
You realise the number of people who want Halolz rules compared to those who want brikwars! is a ratio like 100:1?

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Magic Soap wrote:
spartan117 wrote:I would LOVE it if stubby put some kind of halo thing into the rules../if not just

for bragging.

manly santa in the rules=win

umm and what about some more races like I duno robots?
You realise the number of people who want Halolz rules compared to those who want brikwars! is a ratio like 100:1?
Ratio Failure.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:15 pm

I hope that ratio isn't true.
If so we are outnumbered by halotards 100:1... thats 100 weild freak children who likely arn't allowed to play the games for each 1 of use...
SO how many of use are active, I want to make sure the order of chainsaw fuel isn't short.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:42 pm

100 to 1. Yeah, but it still isn't fair on the Halotards. Maybe some of you guys should sit this one out while I get busy with their Halomoms. Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 am

Warhead wrote:100 to 1. Yeah, but it still isn't fair on the Halotards. Maybe some of you guys should sit this one out while I get busy with their Halomoms. Bow-chicka-wow-wow!
Imagine Pedo-bear with a flaming skull for a head????!,

:godwin:

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 am

Also when it comes to halotards the ratio is more like 700:1, fortunately for us warhead is worth about 500 halotards when he's asleep.

(Yeah double post)