Perhaps you should update the rulebook (minor thing)

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:57 am

well I don't know if I will, seeing as how you've already ruined the ending!
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:54 pm

the ending is not important, it is only important that everyone dies in a spectacular way, for pointless reasons such as honor or love.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

youaredoome0
Hero

Post by youaredoome0 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:36 pm

There were no massive explosions or mechanical incarnations of the grim reaper (ie, nuclear assault helicopters) in 300.
It's just a bunch of killing. That's only half of the carnage octagon.

aybraus
Hero

Post by aybraus » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:06 am

Almighty Benny wrote:well I don't know if I will, seeing as how you've already ruined the ending!
It was an actual historic event...

Jaye Tea
Officer

Post by Jaye Tea » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:55 pm

I didn't really like 300 it was not really brikwarsy to me. It was so thoughtless, I mean the real legend of the Battle of Thermopoly was different. Hollywood made this into some kind of despicable mindless action movie. now don't get me wrong I love action movies but they need to have some substance behind them. Two action movies with no substance would be: Crank, and 300.

save your time go watch Saving Private Ryan, Chronicles of Riddick, The Bourne Identity, or Snatch.
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:14 am

Jaye Tea wrote:I didn't really like 300 it was not really brikwarsy to me. It was so thoughtless,
Man I hope these two statements are not connected in anyway, because I don't see how "brikwarsy" and "thoughtful" would go together in any way.

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:33 am

james+burgundy wrote:Um........y don't thay make movies were the hero die and the bad guys win?
They do, I've watched one like that.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:57 am

Battle of Thermopoly
Thermopoly sounds like some sort of 300-based version of Monopoly
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:34 am

actually to me thermopoly sounds like a version of monopoly where you light the board on fire and all the pawns etc. are made of ice.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:03 pm

*Thermopylae

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:32 pm

*Termópilas

(in Portuguese)
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Rayhawk wrote:
Jaye Tea wrote:I didn't really like 300 it was not really brikwarsy to me. It was so thoughtless,
Man I hope these two statements are not connected in anyway, because I don't see how "brikwarsy" and "thoughtful" would go together in any way.
It's thoughtless that it wasn't Brikwarsy, not it's thoughtless and wasn't Brikwarsy.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:32 am

Well, it's got a lot of death and fighting, how the hell can it not be Brikwarish? Gosh, I've been studying the Spartans and the battle of Thermopylae all this year and I still haven't seen that bloody (literally) movie.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

Jaye Tea
Officer

Post by Jaye Tea » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm

To me brikwars is having senseless killing, because its fun. we agree on this yes.

The movie 300 is having killing and d a p p e r lil speaches that try way to hard to be badass for example "this is sparta", for what reason it aint fun, there is no real reason so not really thoughtless but reasonless. I mean there is so much of the spartans fighting in the movie it gets boring, its the smae fight over and over and over and over and over.

seriously you want a brikwarsy movie look at my avatar and there you go. 300 will not be a timeless movie. seriously in 2087 the robot blockbuster cashier didn't even recognize it as ever even being a movie. I asked.
on another note humor is the key in brikwars and I did not hear anyone laugh during 300.
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:39 pm

I laughed at many, many parts of 300, but mostly at points where it was probably not really appropriate to do so. I don't know if I've ever let on, but I find sensationally overdramatized violence to be pretty funny.