Temperature Scale

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:22 am

kelvin is easy, and actually if the temperature rises one degree celcius it also rises one kelvin.

besides fahrenheit is dumb, at least the celcius scale hasn't changed what it is based on, the fahrenheit scale did..
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Re: Temperature Scale

Post by Silent-sigfig » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:58 pm

-Ouch!: water freezes. heavy snow falls. All non-snowadapted vehicles freeze up, and can't move untill someone finds a can of anti-freeze, and then that can move at 1/4 speed for non-treded vehicles, and half-speed for treaded vehicles.. Unprotected troopers get +1 frostbite for every turn they spend without some sort of helmet. Frostbite slows yo down one inch for each leve of forstbite you get, but you can always move 1". Frostbite is automaticly removed everytime you go near a heat source. All units other than scouts and ninjas move at -1 one inch normally.

-Brrr: unstable ice forms. Snow falls to the ground. Non-treded vehichles move at half speed. if a trooper falls into the water he freezes, but can be revived by heating him up.

Ahhh: normal 'n boring.

+Thats Hot: water boils. heavily burdend troops slow down 1 inch. If a troop falls into water he dies. Period.

+Ouch!: water evaporated. heavily burdened troops only move at one inch per turn. anyone inside of a vehicle boils unless A: You spend 20 CP on air conditioning or a vindow is open. This does not apply to open-air vehicles.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:37 am

Er,... the sun is way hotter than a nuclear blast man,....

The sun is a bi nuclear blast that is constantly occuring where hydrogen is fused to helium, helium is fused to carbon and the carbon is fused to iron

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:32 am

just the surface of it waaay beyond simple ouch!
the core of the sun is at instant vaporization temperature
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:48 am

Pvt Expendable wrote:Er,... the sun is way hotter than a nuclear blast man,....

The sun is a bi nuclear blast that is constantly occuring where hydrogen is fused to helium, helium is fused to carbon and the carbon is fused to iron
ok, binuclear just means that the sun has 2 nuclei. Yes, the center of the sun is about the same as the average nuclear blast here on earth, if not a bit more intense. What I meant though was "the surface of the sun", I should have been more specific.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:00 am

What NO!

The sun is way hotter than that,.... if i had a penny for every nuclear mis nomer the solar flares are 1,000 times bigger than earth and ahhh forget it you just don't realize hoe big and hot the sun is

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:25 am

actually, I think you are underestimating the power of weaponry. The hottest part of the sun is it's core (an impressive 15-16 million K).

While it's true that your average old school fission bomb may not reach temperatures much over 10 million K, the critical temperature for a Hydrogen bomb reaction to take place is at least over 35 million K (and often upwards of 100 million K). Russia tested one called "The Emperor Bomb" that exploded with the power of 50 million tons of TNT.
Last edited by Almighty Benny on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:50 am

Silent-sigfig wrote:-Ouch!: water freezes. heavy snow falls. All non-snowadapted...
Hey now we are in the right spirit. I've got to work so I'll pass on making suggestions now.

I was thinking Ouch! was causing damage and the others imposed effects.
Got to go.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:42 pm

you talking about sissy american nukes or a real nuke like the TZAR Bomba

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:09 pm

Tzan wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote:-Ouch!: water freezes. heavy snow falls. All non-snowadapted...
Hey now we are in the right spirit. I've got to work so I'll pass on making suggestions now.

I was thinking Ouch! was causing damage and the others imposed effects.
Got to go.
Well, vehicled DO stop. and how about guns may freeze up on a 1d12 and explode when fired?
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:34 pm

Pvt Expendable wrote:you talking about sissy american nukes or a real nuke like the TZAR Bomba
but we're the only ones ballsy enough to actually use them in battle. twice.

ALSO, FUN GENOCIDE FACT: several american nukes were tested around the arctic circle. many of these bombs vaporized inuit tribes. the reason for the carnage? it was a way for americans to test the effectiveness of thermonuclear weapons on living humans, especially ones that "nobody will miss".

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Hey! You guys killed my buddies!
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:24 am

Almighty Benny wrote:Russia tested one called "The Emperor Bomb" that exploded with the power of 50 million tons of TNT.
Pvt Expendable wrote:you talking about sissy american nukes or a real nuke like the TZAR Bomba
What do you think "Tsar Bomba" translates to in English?

Hint: Tsar means Emperor... Emperor Bomba

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:49 am

This scale isn't just for game environments. You could make special cold/heat weapons that effect an individual or an area.

Ouch!
Vehicles not adapted to extreme cold: move 1/4 speed, roll 1d6 per turn 1= immobile for remainder of game or fixed.

Minifigs not protected by gear: move 1/4 speed, roll 1d6 damage at the start of each turn. Additionally a 6 on the damage roll is instant death.

Normal mechanical items like guns are frozen, when used roll 1d6, 1= gun is frozen solid and useless for remainder of game.

Melee items still work, including chain saws since they make their own heat.

Fall in liquid (nitrogen) unprotected, instant death.

Brr
Vehicles not adapted to winter: move at half speed.

Minifigs not protected by gear: move at half speed.

Fall in liquid (water, below the ice) unprotected, 1d6 damage

Ah
A normal game

Fall in liquid (water), take a bath or drown, whichever comes first.

Thats Hot
Vehicles not adapted to harsh heat: move normally up to half speed. If you go faster roll 1d6, 1=engine overheated, immobile till fixed

Minifigs not protected by gear: move normally up to half speed. If you go faster roll 1d6, 1= you pass out until revived. Does not require a doctor.

Fall in liquid (boiling water) unprotected, 1d6 damage

Ouch!
Vehicles not adapted to extreme heat: move at 1/4 speed, roll 1d6 per turn, 1= vehicle melts killing all inside.

Minifigs not protected by gear: move 1/4 speed, roll 1d6 damage at the start of each turn. Additionally a 6 on the damage roll is instant death.

Normal mechanical items like guns: when used roll 1d6, 1= some critical part has melted the item is useless for remainder of game.
Snow Cone machines still work since they make their own cold.

Melee items still work.

Fall in liquid (metal) unprotected = instant death.

-------------------
Examples

1. Mr Freeze hits Indiana Jones with a freeze ray, doing Ouch! damage.
He takes 1d6 damage (if its a 6 he dies instantly). From then on he moves at 1/4 speed and takes 1d6 damage per turn until warmed up.

2. Paris Hilton attacks a vehicle with her Thats Hot ray gun. It can still move normally up to half speed. If it goes faster roll 1d6, 1=engine overheated, immobile till fixed. The effect lasts until the vehicle is cooled off.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:57 am

I did not know there was such a thing as a sissy nuke. Hmm, this opens up a world of possibilities.