BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Vami
wtf, vami

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Post by Vami » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Tzan wrote:Is the score, the number of times they are mentioned in the rulebook?

You've had some spare time recently.
no the score is me and then everyone else by the amount of times a photo/MOC of their's is in the rulebook.
Tzan wrote:I think the only time someone is mentioned by name is for a picture anyway.
But if the ZZD pictures don't mention him directly that would make sense he still gets credit for them.
I havent really checked.
Mike credits the author of every single photo in the rulebook.
:denied:

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Nice work on making the list!

Vami
wtf, vami

Post by Vami » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:00 am

thx

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Holy shit. I didn't even know that I was in the rulebook anywhere. Shows how much I've payed attention to it recently.

Of course it was Hammerman too. He might be my greatest achievement.

Vami
wtf, vami

Post by Vami » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:55 pm

#FreetheHammer

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:53 am

Voin wrote:a) is there any point to having Armor-Piercing d6s by themselves, or are they only useful as a modifier in conjunction w/ other damage dice?
AP d6es still do their d6 of damage as they go by. An AP 1d6 by itself has the same effect as any other Damage 1d6, most of the time, but you'll see a difference if there are any Bonus Dice added to the roll.
Voin wrote:b) d12 say "Phased weapons deliver Phased d12s that pass through any amount of Shielding unimpeded." - I assume that means armor/energy-shielding? How do those work in conjunction w/ AP d6s?
It means anything that's Shielded (with the capital S). Only the d12s pass through; everything else is affected by Shielding as normal.
Voin wrote:Idea: perhaps to balance out Armor plating, introduce an option where instead of taking move penalties, you could have equivalent areas of weak-spots (lower SR)? Engines, rear hatches, propulsion, fuel tanks, thermal exhaust ports, etc.
I haven't found a way to do this yet that isn't prone to easy abuse.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 pm

stubby wrote:I haven't found a way to do this yet that isn't prone to easy abuse.
Basically this whole game though
Image Image

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Not a bad idea, I personally like there to be only so much armor on a vehicle so you would have to choose where to delegate it
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

AlAtEx
Champion
Champion

Post by AlAtEx » Sun May 07, 2017 11:22 am

What if I have a minifig with vehicular armor, so that he and his suit of armor are seprate units, and then I fire a 1d6 AP, 1d10 gun at him, does the 1d6 hit his armor and then the 1d10 go off inside, or does, because the minifig and his armor total to less than 1 inch in length, the 1d10 go through him too, and then hit whichever poor sap was stupid enough to stand behind him?

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon May 08, 2017 9:00 pm

New updates today - I've started bringing the cards up to date; about halfway done with the existing ones and later on there'll be a bunch more for the new units in chapter eleven. New ones can be seen on the downloads page in the wiki: http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... Stat_Cards

Let's see, what else has been going on. I did some clarifying on Armor Piercing dice, and added in a couple more units in the Covert category in Chapter 11. The Thief now has a cap for his CAP. Some other clarifying bits here and there, but that was the big stuff as far as I recall.

I'll get to the thread questions a little later, ran out of time for today.

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu May 11, 2017 7:23 am

Voin wrote:6. So as I understand it, w/ the OutRage Bennies in response to the Infiltrator, the most efficient use for the unit would probably be as a suicide bomber (hi, CIA!) - more specifically, a suicide bomber near a high-value target?
Yes. If the enemy has stationed a suicide bomber next to a high-value target, he would be a good guy to reveal as a traitor. That's probably not a super common event, but if you're handed the opportunity then go crazy.

But a traitor who could immediately steal an attack helicopter or something is pretty valuable too. The use of an attack helicopter is worth the cost of letting the enemy spend an instant benny each turn.

Voin wrote:Ok, so I'm a little confused. :???: Now is there any point to not have single-die weapons be Armor Piercing? B/c they seem like a pretty sweet deal for no additional cost.
You can have all single-die weapons be armor piercing if you want. You're going to find that it's not that great though. Thanks to Overkill, extra damage after killing a target already goes on to the next target regardless; the only thing Armor Piercing changes is that it lets you go on to the next target without killing the first target. It changes a lot of one-target-one-kill results to two-targets-two-flesh-wounds instead.

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu May 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Voin wrote:
stubby wrote:You can have all single-die weapons be armor piercing if you want. You're going to find that it's not that great though. Thanks to Overkill, extra damage after killing a target already goes on to the next target regardless; the only thing Armor Piercing changes is that it lets you go on to the next target without killing the first target. It changes a lot of one-target-one-kill results to two-targets-two-flesh-wounds instead.
Right. So if an AP bullet deals 4 or less damage to an unarmored minifig, it wouldn't kill them any more than a regular would, but passes through. If it deals 5 or more, it passes through, possibly affecting things on the other side.
Right. For a cherry-picked example, say you had 2d6 damage and roll two threes. With AP damage, the first 3 would hit the first guy, not killing him, and the second three would hit the second guy, also not killing him. With non-AP damage, both threes hit the first guy, killing him.
Voin wrote:How would AP work w/ Squads & combined fire?
Same as any other kind of Overkill.

SynchingShip
Champion
Champion

Post by SynchingShip » Mon May 29, 2017 6:56 pm

Chapter 11 wrote:The Saboteur's player can then activate it at any time, even if the Saboteur himself is dead or on vacation. The Sabotage can activate with the same effect as one of the Engineer's negative Mods, without any need for Rationalizing or minimum stat requirements, or it can be a simple one-use Booby Trap doing d8 Blast Damage to whoever touches it or to the Sabotaged object (and to anything else in the firing arc; treat it as an Automatic Hit from a BlastGun with zero Range).
So wait, can the Blast Damage Booby Trap be activated at any time too, or is that on-contact only? Also, how exactly does "zero Range" work? Does it just do the d8 damage to the thing that touched it & nothing else?

P.S. Does it cost anything to get into a vehicle other than the physical move in inches?

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Tue May 30, 2017 6:20 am

Out of interest, will we be getting matching art for the Medik, Gunner and Mechanik cards? We have the Hospital 555 for the Medik card, surely there is a Brikwars piece with a Gunner and Mechanik in it.
SynchingShip wrote:P.S. Does it cost anything to get into a vehicle other than the physical move in inches?
I believe opening doors counts as a Move actions, and so does sitting down. Unless you have some complex entry or seating mechanism, which would potentially reduce you to half speed. Just being in proximity of a set of controls should be enough to allow you to operate a construction.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue May 30, 2017 9:33 am

SynchingShip wrote:So wait, can the Blast Damage Booby Trap be activated at any time too, or is that on-contact only?
Any time, at will. The Saboteur either has a remote control or a precise timing mechanism or action-movie-based luck for maximum dramatic impact.
SynchingShip wrote:Also, how exactly does "zero Range" work? Does it just do the d8 damage to the thing that touched it & nothing else?
Zero range means that it takes Out Of Range penalties after the zeroth inch. But that part hasn't been working out well, and is over-fiddly in any case, so I'm changing the booby trap around some. The updated version will probably depend on the Saboteur bringing a hand weapon along and installing the weapon itself into the booby trap. Then the trap effects will be based on whatever happens when the weapon goes off.
dilanski wrote:Out of interest, will we be getting matching art for the Medik, Gunner and Mechanik cards? We have the Hospital 555 for the Medik card, surely there is a Brikwars piece with a Gunner and Mechanik in it.
I've been looking, but haven't found anything I liked yet. I probably need new Mechanik art since I was 90% sure I had permission from Adean to use it, but not 100%, and he's not around anymore to ask.

If any of you guys want to draw card art, feel free. I've often thought about going on fiverr.com and just tossing some $5s and $10s to the guys in the Illustration category just to see what happens.

It'd be funny to make that the BrikWars donation button. I've always thought donation buttons were tacky, but if instead of giving money to me, it gave money to some starving artist to make bad lego art, it'd totally be worth it.
dilanski wrote:
SynchingShip wrote:P.S. Does it cost anything to get into a vehicle other than the physical move in inches?
I believe opening doors counts as a Move actions, and so does sitting down. Unless you have some complex entry or seating mechanism, which would potentially reduce you to half speed. Just being in proximity of a set of controls should be enough to allow you to operate a construction.
It's all free. Up until about a year ago, we had rules where opening doors and putting on seatbelts etc. cost move inches, but it slowed down the game for no real reason. So I took all that out. As long as you can reach the controls, you're good to go.