BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Post by Silent-sigfig » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:31 am

I feel like advantage/disadvantage and adding/removing dice is a way better system than a bunch of +/-X when it comes to special units and positioning.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:05 am

I know the Reference Sheets are no game book but their info is kinda outdated (officers having 1d6+1 skill instead of rulebook's 1d8). Could you revise them at some point?
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:31 am

This may be a me thing, but for examples of different weapons, have a different brikfaction for it? Like for machine-guns, have the example use a MG from the 45th Union, or for cannons, use one of Natalyias Assyrian tanks.
I've also noticed, theres no laser or energy type weapon stats. Could those be added/looked at?
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:05 pm

How is a laser gun different from a bullet gun?

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:09 pm

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:This may be a me thing, but for examples of different weapons, have a different brikfaction for it? Like for machine-guns, have the example use a MG from the 45th Union, or for cannons, use one of Natalyias Assyrian tanks.
I've also noticed, theres no laser or energy type weapon stats. Could those be added/looked at?
Thing is, all die damage types are occupied. d4 for fire/poison, d6 for guns, d8 for shotguns, d10 for explosives, d12 for phased, d20 for god knows what. The closest thing you're gonna have to an energy weapon is d12 phased, so it's better that you just make your own homebrew variation of regular d6 or blast d8 weapon. My d6 lasers, for example, roll d4s on critical successes instead of d6s.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Arkbrik wrote:How is a laser gun different from a bullet gun?
lasers go zap, bullets go bang

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:41 am

sahasrahla wrote:
Arkbrik wrote:How is a laser gun different from a bullet gun?
lasers go zap, bullets go bang
yeah, what he said.
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Lizard Tyrant: well actually there's shit about knockback and physical opposition and stuff in the rulebook but I've never bothered to that level of detail
Salt for the Salt Throne: Yeah f*** the knock back they're just going to crash into each other and I'm going to roll some D sixes and then that amount of damage is going to get build-up to both
I think I captured some fairly authentic commentary on the collision rules (between me and Kastrenzo during one of Kastrenzo's chat battles) and figured I might as well leave it here.

Now that I think about it I might as well post some other observations I've had over the years of doing chat battles, but that takes effort so I'll do it later.

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 am

Colette wrote:
Lizard Tyrant: well actually there's shit about knockback and physical opposition and stuff in the rulebook but I've never bothered to that level of detail
Salt for the Salt Throne: Yeah f*** the knock back they're just going to crash into each other and I'm going to roll some D sixes and then that amount of damage is going to get doled-out to both
:ftfy:

Also when you said that should go in the rulebook I thought you were referring to my rule of "when it doubt, round up the number of dice because glorious murderfucking :troll:
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:22 am

Arkbrik: well actually there's shit about parries and counterattacks and stuff in the rulebook but I've never bothered to that level of detail
Also Arkbrik: Yeah f*** the parries they're just going to crash into each other and I'm going to roll some D sixes and then that amount of damage is going to get doled-out
My opinion on parries and counterattacks

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:38 am

Iif the Specialty requires Tools
Found a typo in Chapter D under the 8vians' description.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Gungnir wrote:
Still fewer typo's than the Star Trek Adventures Rulebook (I am very salty over that purchase)
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Gungnir wrote:
shit
dilanski wrote:Still fewer typo's than the Star Trek Adventures Rulebook (I am very salty over that purchase)
Haha I highlighted the text and googled and got a surprise. Who makes that? Modiphius? Maybe they'll be open to publishing a game that doesn't know how to spell "brick," I should hit them up
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm

stubby wrote:
dilanski wrote:Still fewer typo's than the Star Trek Adventures Rulebook (I am very salty over that purchase)
Haha I highlighted the text and googled and got a surprise. Who makes that? Modiphius? Maybe they'll be open to publishing a game that doesn't know how to spell "brick," I should hit them up

I did have to check if "ffffff" was a technical game term.

I have Tales From The Loop from Modiphius, and that book is an absolute joy, nicely laid out, easy to understand, fluff and rules clearly distinguishable. Oh, and gorgeously illustrated. It's a game I wish I had people to play with. Star Trek Adventures is... uh, none of those things. Sure 2d20 looks like a good system, I especially like the Threat mechanic, whereby players slowly give the GM the rope with which to hang themselves ("I just need an extra dice... it's only one more threat"). But the book? Everything is unnecessarily repeated, while plenty of rules are hidden in text. Oh and the art, for every beautifully done piece, there is something that looks like it was dredged up from an abandoned deviantart account.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:05 pm

dilanski wrote:I did have to check if "ffffff" was a technical game term.
ffffff the Specialty requires Tools
guise i fixd it
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.