BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Postby Hoboman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Not a rule issue, but something I think should be put into the 2010 rule set is the Forward from the 2005 edition. The historical pictures and insight is a good thing to keep. Maybe you already plan to add it back in, but if not, please do.

(Yes, I realize I am talking like an old man here. :D )
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
User avatar
Hoboman
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Postby Gungnir » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Ehhh...
I honestly prefer the original 2005 rules, despite a few layout errors. Less reading, and simpler.
I'll probably download a printable copy when it's up, just for the sake of having it on hand.
User avatar
Gungnir
Dimmy
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 am

Postby Theblackdog » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Chapters 1-6 look fine; ch.7 is mostly an improvement over its 2005 version, although some issues from 2005 remain. The one problem I have with it is that it's hard to do much damage to structures. The "-1 to Skill per 6" of target movement" rule makes it hard to accurately hit components, and the rules for Size damage means that doing any more than 1 point of Size damage per turn requires overwhelming firepower.

My suggestion is to rewrite the Size damage rules so that Size damage equals the attacker's damage roll minus the defender's armor roll. This has worked well as a rule for me and several others. Obviously you may have a different solution which you haven't revealed yet.

As for adopting the Mechanik build rules to forum battles: I don't think that Mechanix in forum battles will really be able to do much building anyway. Because their commander isn't on site to do the actual construction work, Mechanix in forum battles will probably be limited to re-attaching parts which have been destroyed.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Image
User avatar
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2345
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:47 pm

While in principle i like the Mechanik rules, they seem a bit complicated and clunky to me, and i honestly don't think i'll be using them often.

the problem with patch jobs, in my mind, would be this-

To repair that 8" red rocket you mentioned, I would end up using an 8" line of bricks, one stud high, and that simply doesn't make much sense as armor.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Postby stubby » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:37 pm

That's the idea. It's not new armor, it's a reinforcing strut, like nailing a two-by-four across your door to strengthen it against Jehovah's Witnesses.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4688
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Postby Silent-sigfig » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:39 pm

stubby wrote:That's the idea. It's not new armor, it's a reinforcing strut, like nailing a two-by-four across your door to strengthen it against Jehovah's Witnesses.


Stubby, they still get in my house. What sort of construction action should I use now?
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
User avatar
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Number one in USA

Postby piltogg » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:48 pm

too much warhead worshiping. His pics are good, but you used them a few too many times.
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2431
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Postby Silent-sigfig » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:51 pm

I almost provided solvess with a link to lemonparty when he was asking for the 2010 rules.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
User avatar
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Number one in USA

Postby stubby » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:45 am

Silent-sigfig wrote:
stubby wrote:That's the idea. It's not new armor, it's a reinforcing strut, like nailing a two-by-four across your door to strengthen it against Jehovah's Witnesses.

Stubby, they still get in my house. What sort of construction action should I use now?

Next, nail a two-by-four across the Jehovah's Witnesses. They'll be too wide to fit through the doorway.

piltogg wrote:too much warhead worshiping. His pics are good, but you used them a few too many times.

This is something I also worry about, it's one of my bigger concerns. I'm trying to pull photos from more sources, but most people are just bad at setting up an iconic scene and photographing it well enough to stand alone and carry a clear message out of context. Most of them, even if the photography is clear, you can't figure out what's going on without before and after photos to support them.

Silent-sigfig wrote:I almost provided solvess with a link to lemonparty when he was asking for the 2010 rules.

Opportunity missed.

dilanski wrote:Cookies for anyone who'd give me a link?

http://www.lemonparty.org/
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4688
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Postby lrdofbricks » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:15 am

imfo, thanks stubby for making me go through and clear that out of my history before my dad sees it....
Image
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"
User avatar
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 994
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:35 am
Location: delaWhere?

Postby Gungnir » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Why would you even?
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
User avatar
Gungnir
Dimmy
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 am

Postby Warhead » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Ah-hahahaha, octogenarian gives inflatable Granddad the kiss of life as friend looks on like Bonn-o-Tron... :lol:
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10916
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby solvess » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:33 pm

stubby wrote:
piltogg wrote:too much warhead worshiping. His pics are good, but you used them a few too many times.

This is something I also worry about, it's one of my bigger concerns. I'm trying to pull photos from more sources, but most people are just bad at setting up an iconic scene and photographing it well enough to stand alone and carry a clear message out of context. Most of them, even if the photography is clear, you can't figure out what's going on without before and after photos to support them.

You could make your own pictures.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
User avatar
solvess
Galidor
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Postby Warhead » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Yeah, and that's a stupid idea. He does not want to be arsed doing even more stuff, he wants you guys to get up off your fat lazy arses instead and to do stuff for the Forum you all say you love.

Fuck the Warhead Worship you jealous handsome devils, I never asked for anything and I didn't do it for anyone but me, stick it up yar arse and do better or suck on my cock, shitheads. Ah-hahahahaha!
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10916
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby Gungnir » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:51 pm

dilanski wrote:In all honesty I prefer your art to the stuff you've lifted like the mechanik stat-card.

This. I'd post some of my stuff, but it's a pain in the ass to clean it up in photoshop. That, and I haven't quite mastered the art of drawing little plastic men.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
User avatar
Gungnir
Dimmy
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Rulebook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest