A Super dulluxe awesome maniac like BRikwars RTS!!!!!!!

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

A Super dulluxe awesome maniac like BRikwars RTS!!!!!!!

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat May 31, 2008 1:35 pm

What about a brikwars rts we allready got the combat system now only some more rules and you can play it in your whole house.
Timmy starts with a village with two huts and 1 crop on the addict, his nbrother jason starts with the same only in the kitchen, after a fewdays of playing they both got a masiv army and severall camps, so timmy secretly sends a demolition squed towards Jason while Jason is Just constrating on building some stuff, in jasons turn a worker that was giong to mine some resorces discovers the Demolition squad when climbing the stairs and gets burned and blown up by the demolition squad. Jason now prepares his army for a ambush etc....
great fun for multiple players.

1 rule I thought of is that you can't look what your openent is doing his turne unless you have a scout or something so that Timmy could move his tropps every tunr and hide them behind stuff every turn so that finaly Timmý soldiers are on the kitchen table behind the peanutbutter 50 inch away from jasons camp with out him evn noticing then place some explosives and get out of there and then jason is shocked when half his camp is blow up suddenly.

I caould use some help with some more rules for buildings and how to get CP to buy units and maybe something like technology improvemend so you finally discovert how to melt and work iron so you can make weapons and finally guns.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Rayhawk » Sat May 31, 2008 3:24 pm

I've heard a lot of ideas and done a lot of brainstorming over the years about doing RTS-style BrikWars campaigns, but I haven't yet heard any game mechanics for it that have gotten me really excited.

It seems like there's a lot of potential though. It might even be as simple as both players start constructing as fast as they can, until one of them yells "ZERG RUSH!" at which point they all have to drop their bricks, figs, and mocs wherever they lie and start battling. I picture tons of half-assed constructions interrupted halfway into the building stage.

This is one of the reasons I worked so hard to simplify the 2005 rules, to make improvised creations a lot easier to stat on the spot, for Mechanix, pick-up games, and RTS stuff.

It'd probably work better if both sides got to build a well-defended base before the RTS-style construction started, so that players might have to retreat a few times between their rushes before they were able to take it down completely.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby IVhorseman » Sat May 31, 2008 3:45 pm

wow, this is perfect timing. i was just about to spit out an idea for building during an opponent's turn, and this is a perfect application for it!

building during an opponent's turn requires a special unit, called the constructor. Constructors basically act like any other minifig, but have the construction ability. once every turn, they may spawn briks to magically appear within a 1d6" radius of them. the amount of briks spawned would be 1d20 studs worth (example: roll a 16, and grab two 2X4 bricks), spent however the player wishes. during the opponent's turn, the player may spend as long as it takes his opponent to move all his crap building with the summoned briks, as well as anything within 1d6" of the constructor. NOTE: constructors can summon any pieces they can afford that turn (you may save up rolls to use 2d20 on the next turn, if you demand moar briks), but the pieces can only be used as bricks, and cannot be used to make propulsion systems, computer terminals, weapons, etc.

what i like about this is that it gives other players something to do while the other guy moves all his guys, both entertaining the player and encouraging games to run faster. in a true RTS setting, i suppose you could get a construction yard, where constructors can use any bricks inside the yard.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby CreatioNZ » Sat May 31, 2008 4:00 pm

What a coinicidence I just posted this in the bonus material section.
could work in line with a mixture of your ideas. The contusctor could be the only guy who can build. you must build what ever you want within the players turn in a contruction yard (As you said) then he spends more time placing it on the islands.

my friend and i have come up with a game based on Brikwars. it mainly uses minifig stats and weapons and part of the special creations stats.

Here it is

both teams have an allocated small island
the map also has a larger more central island.

Every team has 500-1000 cps to start with. they may spend all their points on minifigs/weapons or purchase bricks during your other turns
in a turn you may. you cannot buy special creations before/during the game.

During your turn you may:

use actions to take bricks (from the map), build with them, or attack minifigs/creations.

before you start your turn (this applies to every turn) you can pick out 10 bricks (this includes anything from BURPS to wheels) from a large collective pile. For every stud on a brick it cost 1 cp per stud. so a car chassis would cost about 10cps. Once purchased, minifigs may use the bricks to build whatever you want (buildings boats etc). You may sell previous brought/taken bricks for studs divided by 2 = cost.

you can also trade other player at an arranged price.

Propulsion on creations

the bigger the engine the faster it goes.

1" engine (Paddles, minifig hands, 2x2 brick) = 5 inch movement

2" engine = 10 inch movement

3" engine = 15 inch movement

4" engine = 20 ich movement

For special creation armour I am not sure about. I thought maybe everything having like 2d10 or you purchase the armour similar to Brikwars 2005 rules. (amount of studs x armour level = cost) or different colours have different armour levels.

So the idea is to pull other peoples islands apart,sell the bricks and build a fleet and destroy everything. once you ru out of Contruction points, you can only trade with other players. The trading with brick pile stops.

tell me what you think. Im pretty sure there are some other rules so i will write them later.
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Nice Dubs

Postby Almighty Benny » Sat May 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Building on an opponent's turn has always been a fantastic idea, but I don't think you really need to assign so many rules to it. How about any minifig can build whatever he wants with stray bricks within 6" of himself on an opponent's turn? (No extra dice rolls)

Stray Bricks being anything that was destroyed on a previous turn, or anything fastened to the scenery with less than 4 studs.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Sat May 31, 2008 4:15 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:Building on an opponent's turn has always been a fantastic idea, but I don't think you really need to assign so many rules to it. How about any minifig can build whatever he wants with stray bricks within 6" of himself on an opponent's turn? (No extra dice rolls)

Stray Bricks being anything that was destroyed on a previous turn, or anything fastened to the scenery with less than 4 studs.

basically what i'm thinking, except with the ability to make new briks appear on the field.
IVhorseman

Postby Rayhawk » Sat May 31, 2008 5:28 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:Building on an opponent's turn has always been a fantastic idea, but I don't think you really need to assign so many rules to it. How about any minifig can build whatever he wants with stray bricks within 6" of himself on an opponent's turn? (No extra dice rolls)

This was always the plan for the Mechanik, while regular minifigs could do the same thing except that they had to actually spend the Movement to run around gathering the bricks. But Evil Wayne wanted to do the drawing for the Mechanik stat card, so I've been waiting for him to finish that up and holding off on adding Mechanix back into the rules.

... for the last several years.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Tzan » Sat May 31, 2008 5:31 pm

I guess Evil Wayne has earned his name.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby piltogg » Sat May 31, 2008 10:55 pm

well makeing briks just apear is a bit of a problem during the opponents turn as he might want to atack you construction guy and the construction guy can make his own cover out of nothing that way. makeing him nearly invincible if used that way.

what might work to stop this is if you used oiles of bricks as hills and such located near empty baseplates then the construction guy would either have to go to a rescource pile to build stuff or have a team of slaves bring him some bricks.

also if your scenario has gold and gems in it you could assign cp values to each type and purchase wepons and other special parts for your new buildings that apear in your starting area.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:43 am

What about more RTs like thing like you could get reagents "stuff like wood or rock" and then you sell it for construction points or trade it in for something
Like this: Timmy just had one of his worker minifigs "has plus 1 skill bonus on getting reagents"cut down a tree now he bring the tree to the wood chopper that turn it into bricks and then sell the brick at the market for half the price of the studs "brick with 4 studs gives 2 CP" or he uses the Bricks "that are brown because they are from wood recourses"and build a little cabbin with it. But at the market you can also buy new bricks like stone ones that are stronger or food or weapons if you don't have a blacksmith or are lazy with the earned CP.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Rody » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:28 am

somehow, I think that that would make it overly complicated and thus boring.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:12 pm

sure, the creator could make a wall. when he rolls a 2 though, he's in trouble.
IVhorseman

Postby Almighty Benny » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Or you could just rule that whatever the mechanik builds on the opponent's turn doesn't actually come into play until the mechanik's next turn.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor
Galidor

Postby CreatioNZ » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:16 pm

if the creata man is being attacked, you could just do a what i say goes roll to determine wether he can be attacked.
TROLOLO
CreatioNZ
Nice Dubs

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:59 pm

If he builds a wall, just run around it, shoot through it, or toss a grenade over it, same as any other wall.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Next

Return to The Rulebook