A Super dulluxe awesome maniac like BRikwars RTS!!!!!!!

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:13 pm

that works until you are trying to shoot him, on the enemy's turn no wall, then on your turn you move and find out you can't shoot him becuase he has a mysterious wall appear out of nowhere infornt of him. meaning, if you have enough resources, you could keep buying walls and never get attacked becuase walls are in the way all the time

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 pm

and remember, only 1d20 studs worth of stuff can be produced per turn. of course there's a lot of estimating and bartering here, but you're regardlessly limited to only making on average about 10-11 studs per turn, which is less than three 2x2s.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:05 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:What about more RTs like thing like you could get reagents "stuff like wood or rock" and then you sell it for construction points or trade it in for something
Like this: Timmy just had one of his worker minifigs "has plus 1 skill bonus on getting reagents"cut down a tree now he bring the tree to the wood chopper that turn it into bricks and then sell the brick at the market for half the price of the studs "brick with 4 studs gives 2 CP" or he uses the Bricks "that are brown because they are from wood recourses"and build a little cabbin with it. But at the market you can also buy new bricks like stone ones that are stronger or food or weapons if you don't have a blacksmith or are lazy with the earned CP.

nice in theory but would take wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:28 pm

it does depend on what type of rules you could use. having d20 studs means you could make a few walls or obstacles. there are those large rock pieces with less than 20 studs. and there could be previous creations and you're just adding to it. and also getting a few 2x2's would be a dumb idea as you could get 2x1s and have twice as much surface area. which could just hide a minifig from rifle fire.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:51 pm

god, if only there were some kind of melee weapons in brikwars!

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:43 am

I have never seen such fervent rules lawyering in all my life.

On an opponent's turn, anything the mechanik is building is under construction. Everyone can see it and knows that he's building it, but because he's in the process of building it, it doesn't actually serve it's task until he's completed it (ie. on his next turn).

In other words, it wouldn't go down like this:

"hey, look over there, that mechanik fellow is helplessly eating his lunch, come, let us shoot him with our guns!"
"Great Scott! This large wall suddenly appeared out of nowhere right in front of him! Our guns are useless!"

but more like this:

"I say, look over there, that mechanik is building a wall! We had better try to kill him before he finishes!"
"Oh drat, it looks like we were not quite fast enough... Let us use these Molotov cocktails instead!"
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:41 am

I'd say you should just roll a dice for some amount of minutes of building time, where you can use an unlimited amount of bricks, or only the scattered remains of the briks that are on the field.

you could put some range limit to this of course.
and built things only come into play on the next turn.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

The Crazy Clone!
Champion
Champion

Post by The Crazy Clone! » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:55 pm

I love this idea! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
"One day we shall rule the world and destroy the smart minifigs with easy to start buzz-saws."
-The Dimmie king

http://www.freewebs.com/the-crazy-clone/index.htm

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:41 pm

IVhorseman wrote:god, if only there were some kind of melee weapons in brikwars!
unfortunetly think about medevil battles with no ranged at all, only melee
then they don't have grenades to toss over walls and if a meckanic realy wanted to he could build a roofed building with no doors and only a 1 by 1 brick space as a hole for air...... then he could still build stuff around him to aid defending a squad but be incapable of being injured without destroying the building.

that might take a while to do with only a few close combaters... when the get within the 6 inches the mechanic could cause 1D20 worth of 1by1 rocks to fall on top of their heads or to trip them, or to refortify his wall, or to add extra leyers to his wall.

this is why all bricks should be on the table at the start of the game

need any more reasons????? (yes I do plan to become a lawer)

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:44 pm

your scenario sounded pretty awesome. I haven't found any flaws.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:09 pm

I liked the part where everyone else playing beats the crap out of the guy who decides to partake in such dickery.

superdave
Hero

Post by superdave » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:16 am

Maybe we need a virtual Hammer of Discipline.
Last edited by superdave on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleep
Champion
Champion

Post by Bleep » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:10 pm

Rayhawk wrote:If he builds a wall, just run around it, shoot through it, or toss a grenade over it, same as any other wall.
Quite true, though if a constructor rolled a 20 on a 1d20, does he get a bonus dice? He could conceivably get more than five bricks 5% of the time.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:57 pm

all die rolls get bonus die. but theres also an equal chance of "LOL CRITICAL PHAIL", to which NO bricks are produced.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:36 pm

IVhorseman wrote:I liked the part where everyone else playing beats the crap out of the guy who decides to partake in such dickery.
or preventative rules like the one I posted earlyer in whitch all bricks are already there and can only be built on plates thus cannot fall from the sky or be built with from inside a small building