Shotguns and more

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:56 pm

and if you want a reason as to why it does that, you could say that it is to prevent overheating,
if you feel like it you could make them able to fire it for longer, at the risk of the flamethrower exploding in fiery awesomeness, in case of a critical failure(coin, d4, d6 I dunno, depends on how great you want the risk to be)
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:12 pm

the way I've done it is if someone attacks a minifig with a flamethrower, they can target it at -3 skill, OR automatically hit it on critical success roll in damage.

Chessboxr
Hero

Post by Chessboxr » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:25 pm

For weapons like the shotgun, Im a big fan of the stepdown type rules. I'd play somthing like, under 3" 1d6+2, past 6"1d6-1 (the shockwave from the shell does most of the damage, at a longer range, its the fast moving projectiles) . It encourages the player to get close, and plan his carnage.
_____ _____ keep a el nigre biscut from a' slipin.

Real Facts
True Story

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 am

it does, but memorizing a different set of rules for different ranges tends to pile up fast. i learned this the hard way from my OLD shotgun rules.

Chessboxr
Hero

Post by Chessboxr » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Thats why it go's on the characters stat card for unique weapons, but your point is completly valid Horseman.
_____ _____ keep a el nigre biscut from a' slipin.

Real Facts
True Story

Tarren
Dimmy

Post by Tarren » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:53 am

my shotgun range is, for rifle sized, cone the bloody thing for 8 inches. for every two inches you go, the roll gets -1. it starts out at 1d8+1

pistol sized=cone from barrel, 5 inches out. gets 1d6+1 on die if within 3 inches, gets 1d6 -1 if past 3 inches
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:47 pm

Even if the memorizing of "more range = less damage" formula might be little complicated, it's worth it. We playtested our shotgun, and it works great. The only mid-game changes we had to do was lower the UR to 3 and make it hit 2 guys maximum.

Now we have 0-4" 2d6 of damage and 4-8" 1d6 of damage. It works and kills people. Especially when there's three shotguns firing at one opponent. That's pure slaughter.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:13 pm

MY rules for a shot gun:
USE: 3
Range: 8 and I think thats tottaly fair.
damge: at 8" 1D6 at 6"1D6+2
and even with buck shot a shotgun wont cover a large area it shoots mostly straight forward in a small thin cone. But I also really like Houdis one to except for shooting 2 people the only way your gonna kill 2 people is with overkill witch you will get pretty fast
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.