Explosive size

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Re: Explosive size

Postby Falk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:56 am

Keldoclock wrote:Clearly it would re-appear on the other side of the board with momentum intact :P

:roll: :D
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby aoffan23 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:13 pm

I think any units that fall off the table should continue fighting on the floor.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Whiteagle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Keldoclock wrote:Clearly it would re-appear on the other side of the board with momentum intact :P

Horribly mutated of course, since you don't expect to go outside the boundaries of reality unscathed, do you?
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Unlimited Overkill » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Whiteagle wrote:

Horribly mutated of course, since you don't expect to go outside the boundaries of reality unscathed, do you?

:<3: :D
Unlimited Overkill
Nice Dubs

Postby Kirillyos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:58 pm

I noticed that regardless of physical size, one can theoretically keep adding SuperNatural d10s to an explosion ad infinitum (or at least until you run out of CP).

Speaking of which, what's the general consensus around the BrikWars community about superweapons? Does it just depend on the scale of the battle?
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby stubby » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:18 am

Kirillyos wrote:I noticed that regardless of physical size, one can theoretically keep adding SuperNatural d10s to an explosion ad infinitum (or at least until you run out of CP).

Speaking of which, what's the general consensus around the BrikWars community about superweapons? Does it just depend on the scale of the battle?

I don't know if there is a general consensus. Superweapons in a small-scale battle usually means they're up against smaller units too small for superweapons to hit effectively, which then crawl all over the superweapon and end up commandeering it.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Kirillyos » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:18 pm

stubby wrote:I don't know if there is a general consensus. Superweapons in a small-scale battle usually means they're up against smaller units too small for superweapons to hit effectively, which then crawl all over the superweapon and end up commandeering it.

What about in large-scale battles or strategic conflicts?
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby stubby » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:50 am

What about them? Obviously superweapons are cool in superweapon-scale conflicts, that should go without saying.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby M220 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:01 pm

stubby wrote:In real life, all missiles look like rods no matter how big they get. Bombs sometimes look more like the bullets you're talking about, but not always. Grenades look like pineapples. In BrikWars, "Explosives" can be any one of those things, so all of those looks are completely okay.

Apparently someone was building a house, and in the process found a pine cone which turned out to be a grenade.
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
M220
Officer

Postby Voin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:16 am

stubby wrote:In real life, all missiles look like rods no matter how big they get. Bombs sometimes look more like the bullets you're talking about, but not always. Grenades look like pineapples. In BrikWars, "Explosives" can be any one of those things, so all of those looks are completely okay.

Not all grenades are shaped like pineapples. Obviously, the Mk 2 (used primarily from WWII to 'Nam) was, but the modern U.S. standard grenade (the M67) is more of a spheroid.

Mk 2

M67

On a funny note (in terms of design philosophy), there was the T13 Beano Grenade, an experimental WWII explosive courtesy of the OSS.

Wikipedia wrote:The concept for the BEANO hand grenade was that a spherical grenade the size and weight of a common baseball would be effective in the hands of American troops. The designers believed that by emulating a baseball, any American young man should be able to properly throw the grenade with both accuracy and distance.

So yeah, grenades can come in a multitude of shapes, even moreso in Brikwars.
Voin
Cannon Fodder

Postby Silverdream » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:32 pm

I think you missed the point, Voin.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Previous

Return to The Rulebook