Metal and MORALE (Kinda)

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Metal and MORALE (Kinda)

Postby Grey Pennies » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 am

My newest crazy untested idea that will most likely end in horrible failure.

The Bard

Cost: 5CP? (I'm not sure off the top of my head.)
Skill: 1D6
Move: 6" Stumble
Armor: 1D6/4 (Whichever works best.)
Special Abilities:
Drunken Stupor (-2 CP)
- The Bard uses a Stumble Die to determine how far and in what direction it goes in per turn. (You can not exceed your normal move limit this way.)

Guitar Hero (+2 CP)
- The Bard may spend an Action to play awesome battle music. If it does, roll the Bard's Skill, including any applicable bonuses. All units, allied or not, gain a +1 bonus to all rolls (other than Heroic Deeds) within as many inches as the total Skill check (I.E. A roll of 5 would mean 5 inches, a roll of 2 would mean 2 inches, etc.)

If the Skill check is more than 12, a Concert of Destruction begins. During the Concert, all units, allied or not, within 12 inches (No more!) gain the Drunken Stupor ability listed above, and gain a +1D6 to all Damage rolls ONLY. The Concert of Destruction, once started, can continue as long as the Bard who started it is not attacked or otherwise distracted.

There we are! This is the part where you tell me why it's a bad idea. Or, alternatively, how to make it a good idea.
Last edited by Grey Pennies on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
You have the right to agree with me on any and all points. If you give up this right, anything you say can and most likely will be ignored in whole or in part.
Grey Pennies
Champion

Re: Music and Moral (Kinda)

Postby Ben-Jammin » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:43 am

I do believe you mean morale.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Re: Music and Moral (Kinda)

Postby Grey Pennies » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 am

Oh! Deeerp. I'll go fix.

... I wish there was a "Derp" smiley.
You have the right to agree with me on any and all points. If you give up this right, anything you say can and most likely will be ignored in whole or in part.
Grey Pennies
Champion

Re: Metal and MORALE (Kinda)

Postby Arkbrik » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:13 am

You don't seem to have any control over the Bard other than deciding whether he'll play music or not on any given turn. Moving by Stumble dice he'll most likely hang around where he was deployed and not get to the front lines.

Maybe give him Move 1d6" and if the roll is a 1 you have to reroll and Stumble in a random direction?
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Re: Metal and MORALE (Kinda)

Postby Grey Pennies » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 am

Hmm. That's a good idea (although I had not noticed that problem when I use stumble dice).
Grey Pennies
Champion

Return to Bonus Material