Lands of Brik

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Re: Lands of Brik

Postby SwedesInSpace » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:25 am

:studgod: good job.
SWEDES IN SPACE!!! want some healthcare?
SwedesInSpace
Champion

Postby bezki » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:31 pm

nice job mate. im gonna steal this for my rl campaign :)
TROLOLO
bezki
BrikWars Legend

Postby Brikguy0410 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:01 pm

This is awsome
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Poor Raisins » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 pm

This is really nice. A friend and I recently tried to make a game pretty similar to this with 'macro' and 'battle' scale maps, but he wanted to make it more of a role-playing game and we made the rules too complicated, with specialized mini-figs you made from a skills tree and units that could build walls/outposts on the macro map and we ended up never getting the pieces to do it. This is just simple enough to be fun and the potential to have some strategy. I think the map or objectives could have a bit more variety so there's more choices for the second player than just *go to where the enemy army will be and attack*
Poor Raisins
Champion

Postby Brikguy0410 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Poor Raisins wrote:This is really nice. A friend and I recently tried to make a game pretty similar to this with 'macro' and 'battle' scale maps, but he wanted to make it more of a role-playing game and we made the rules too complicated, with specialized mini-figs you made from a skills tree and units that could build walls/outposts on the macro map and we ended up never getting the pieces to do it. This is just simple enough to be fun and the potential to have some strategy. I think the map or objectives could have a bit more variety so there's more choices for the second player than just *go to where the enemy army will be and attack*

Please pm me those rules, I find complex games to be good when you have a lot of time to kill and nothing to do
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Vami IV » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:24 pm

This is awesome.

I think he should get a "Brikologist" as a custom rank.
Spoiler: show
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Postby Voin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:58 am

Enough strategic maneuvering to be satisfying, yet elegant in it's simplicity. :tiger:

It reminds me of an old system I had kit-bashed from the old D&D Birthright mass-warfare rules, but way less complicated, which is a good thing.

An interesting factor to bring to bear in these types of games would be "strategic", long-range, or rapid-response units and weapons.

For example, if a 32x32 baseplate is almost 11" in length, and I have a Size 6+ Defensive cannon in my base (36" range), and your contingent is closing in (1 overworld space away, three 32x32 baseplates, or 30.24"), I could lob a Mk 6+ Explosive shell at them to bathe the ground on which they stand in death and fire. Likewise, you could dispatch a high-speed bomber that could cross many inches of the battlefield in one turn to obliterate a target before my supporting anti-air corps has a chance to dig into defensive positions.

This really opens up a lot of possibilities for mayhem and destruction... :studgod:
Voin
Minifig

Previous

Return to Bonus Material