"Off-Map" General Powers

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

Re: "Off-Map" General Powers

Postby stubby » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:09 am

It's already in the rules.

A Scout is able to instantly communicate detected enemy positions to all of his allies. The Scout can use an Action to take this ability one step further, pinpointing a nearby target precisely and Marking it for allies to attack. The Scout must be within 8" of the target and able to see it. The Marked target is considered visible to all allies, which is useful for firing artillery shells or archery volleys over the top of an obstacle at enemies hiding behind it.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby AZKAMAT » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:39 pm

For anyone interested, I've also written a homebrew which deals with artillery and spotting. They've worked well in playtests and their main difference with Stubby's Scout unit is that it can done by anybody (cheaper to include in an army list), requires a full round action and has unlimited range. You can check it out here viewtopic.php?f=69&t=14149
Or just find it by searching my name in the Bonus Materials section.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image
AZKAMAT
Officer

Postby runnybabbit223 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:28 pm

AZKAMAT wrote:For anyone interested, I've also written a homebrew which deals with artillery and spotting. They've worked well in playtests and their main difference with Stubby's Scout unit is that it can done by anybody (cheaper to include in an army list), requires a full round action and has unlimited range. You can check it out here viewtopic.php?f=69&t=14149
Or just find it by searching my name in the Bonus Materials section.

Thanks, I'l take a look.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!
runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Previous

Return to Bonus Material