Questions

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

Questions

Postby manu11 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:00 am

Hey I'm new to brikwars and need a few answers.
1. should megablox guys have armor (the guys from the dragon sets)
2. i want to have a armor piercing bullet what i thought of is you can shoot through 1d6 studs in a straight line. How many cp should this be?
3.and i want to create a mage with the abilities to heal,use a energy
attack(something like a fire ball) and have a defense aura. can someone do stats for him. how much will he cost?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
TROLOLO
manu11
Battlefield General

Postby Rody » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:41 pm

1. megablox can have armour if you want them to.
2. I personally prefer not to use CPs because of the extra effort involve with them, and because most of the time if armies seem fair they usually are. because I don't use CPs I can't give you an answer about the cost.
3.If you really want this, then you could take a look at supplement SP of the 2001 ruleset. or just think of your rules and ways to make him like this.
I think you could implement the defensive aura most simply as extra armour.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Gorchek » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:55 pm

Question 1: It's pretty much your call. A lot of forum members will say that megablox are so fragile that they should have a penality to their armor, but if you want to give them the bonus, no one can stop you.

Question 2: That's a tough call. I'd say 1 or 2 extra cp to the weapon's cost. Assuming the d6 can crit to increase the range, otherwise, it might not make enough of a difference.

Question 3: Ok, let's break it down...
- Start with the Medic stats (there's a few floating around in the forum, like this one and this one.) That will cover the healing.
- For the fireball, I'd buy it as a standard minifig ranged weapon. If you want something more complicated, dig around for some fire rule to add to it.
- The defense aura is pretty unique, so it needs some extra fudging. The simplest way I can think of would be this:

ARMOR SPELL (4 cp)
Gives +2 armor to this minifig and any minifig in the same squad.

If you think it's too good, you could require the minifig to use an action to keep it on like Bonn-o-Tron. In that case, I'd cut the cost in half.

Hope this help!
Gorchek
Officer

Postby manu11 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:16 pm

for the armor piercing bullets should this count as firing blind (shooting at the gunner inside a tank or someone behind a wall)
TROLOLO
manu11
Battlefield General

Postby Arkbrik » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:28 am

Yes, if the shooter can't see the target.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Return to Bonus Material