Claymores

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby Atomsk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:37 am

I want to use IED's in a US vs Terrorist game someday, but I can't figure out a way to make them fair without the US knowing where they are ahead of time.
User avatar
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Postby Rayhawk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:58 am

US vs "terrorist?" That's not even a competition, we're ahead by thousands and thousands, while they're barely even on the scoreboard. (I assume we're keeping score by the standard method: counting the number of innocent civilians killed on a daily basis for no reason.) I'm surprised we even let them keep the "terrorist" title anymore, they just don't stack up. Terrorist-Contenders, or Terrorist-Wannabes, maybe.

In our games we always handled hidden explosives by just designating areas as minefields and making rolls whenever someone stepped in them. Like, if you walk in this area without a Scout guiding you, roll 1d10; you hit a mine after that many inches. If the number if inches you walked was fewer than that, then you're safe; if it's more than that, time to bust out the explosion damage dice.

Using that method for IEDs is trickier, but you might line a roadway with dozens of "possible" IEDs, and then roll dice each time a convoy comes near one.
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby Atomsk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 am

Rayhawk wrote:US vs "terrorist?" That's not even a competition, we're ahead by thousands and thousands, while they're barely even on the scoreboard. (I assume we're keeping score by the standard method: counting the number of innocent civilians killed on a daily basis for no reason.) I'm surprised we even let them keep the "terrorist" title anymore, they just don't stack up. Terrorist-Contenders, or Terrorist-Wannabes, maybe.

In our games we always handled hidden explosives by just designating areas as minefields and making rolls whenever someone stepped in them. Like, if you walk in this area without a Scout guiding you, roll 1d10; you hit a mine after that many inches. If the number if inches you walked was fewer than that, then you're safe; if it's more than that, time to bust out the explosion damage dice.

Using that method for IEDs is trickier, but you might line a roadway with dozens of "possible" IEDs, and then roll dice each time a convoy comes near one.


Thats a good idea, maybe set up a little table for explosive power, with 1 being a dud and 6 actually detonating at full power or something.

Really, the reason I want to do a battle with terrorists has more to do with shock value than trying to play a balanced scenario. I have all these suicide bombers and guys in turbans and ninja masks, and I think it would really break the mold of fanciful Spacemen fighting skeletons that you normally see. There could be innocent bystanders everywhere, and I'm thinking the terrorists get a point for every one of them that dies, while the non-Terrorist side (Delta Force, Marines, SAS or whatever) looses a point.
User avatar
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am

stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby Atomsk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Kind of, I haven't got as many Brikarms weapons as that guy, but thats the general idea. I'm thinking about getting some AK-47s and paiting the stock brown.
User avatar
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Atomsk wrote:Kind of, I haven't got as many Brikarms weapons as that guy, but thats the general idea. I'm thinking about getting some AK-47s and paiting the stock brown.

That guy is me and if you are getting brick arms for your terrorists I would recommend indeed the AK-47s and also some potatomashers (stick grenade), some RPGs, UZIs, Mauser pistols and some shotguns. these are all the weapons that look good on terrorists.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby Atomsk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:46 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the Brickarms RPG, I prefer to make my own with detachable rockets. I have a pair of silver Uzi's that Will sent free, but mostly I'm using brown muskets for now.
User avatar
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Atomsk wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the Brickarms RPG, I prefer to make my own with detachable rockets. I have a pair of silver Uzi's that Will sent free, but mostly I'm using brown muskets for now.

have you ever had a BR RPG because they aren't that bad! but that's your opinion. and cool silver uzis
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby Rayhawk » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Atomsk wrote:I think it would really break the mold of fanciful Spacemen fighting skeletons that you normally see. There could be innocent bystanders everywhere, and I'm thinking the terrorists get a point for every one of them that dies, while the non-Terrorist side (Delta Force, Marines, SAS or whatever) looses a point.

I think NELUG did this at one point, in one of their big modern-city games. It was superheroes vs. supervillains, or anime mecha vs. terrorists vs. police, or something like that. Innocent bystanders were used to keep score.
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby piltogg » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:12 pm

just use the kamakasi rules from 2001
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2431
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Postby Korwinblue » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Rayhawk wrote:US vs "terrorist?" That's not even a competition, we're ahead by thousands and thousands, while they're barely even on the scoreboard. (I assume we're keeping score by the standard method: counting the number of innocent civilians killed on a daily basis for no reason.) I'm surprised we even let them keep the "terrorist" title anymore, they just don't stack up. Terrorist-Contenders, or Terrorist-Wannabes, maybe.


:x :x :x

I hope you meant that as a joke. :x

edit: :x oh, its not even funny :x
User avatar
Korwinblue
Champion
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:07 am

A joke! How dare you. This is satire!

Wikipedia wrote:Although satire is usually meant to be funny, the purpose of satire is not primarily humor in itself so much as an often quite angry attack on something the author strongly disapproves, using the weapon of wit.

Trust me, I've been putting out BrikWars text for years, I'm practically a satirical expert by now.

But anyway, you're right. In hindsight, all those WMD's we made up totally justify putting all those civilians to the torch every day. Sure, maybe in a logical world it would have been better to go after Al Qaida instead, or maybe someone vaguely related to them, but the important thing is that at least we're killing people in the same ethnic group. That'll teach 'em! Hooray for oil!
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:20 am

but what about sarcasm and dramatic irony?
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6308
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:04 am

Wikipedia (again) wrote:A very common, almost defining feature of satire is its strong vein of irony or sarcasm, but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. The essential point, however, is that "in satire, irony is militant". This "militant irony" (or sarcasm) often professes to approve the very things the satirist actually wishes to attack.
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby Matt » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:53 am

If that weren't so confusing I'd probably be mad.
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63149890&ref=flink
TROLOLO
Matt
Minifig
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:18 pm
Location: The US

Previous

Return to Bonus Material

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests