[PSM] 2015 Stat Card - UPDATED with fold-able version!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

[PSM] 2015 Stat Card - UPDATED with fold-able version!

Postby bluebright » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:15 am

DOWNLOAD PAGE

FONT DOWNLOAD

As many of you know, I love a good stat card. If there's anything I love more than a good stat card, its a beautifully printed stat card.

I've revised the original stat card made by the glorious Mike Rayhawk with fantastic new dimensions.

"Why the hell do we need a new stat card you meddling jerk?"

Good question. I've been using an online printing company to professional print my cards for personal art projects and decided that all of us should have access to great looking cards as well. The new format conforms to the online template already so all you have to do is save both the back and the front as JPG's and upload them.

It's that easy! Well, the hard part is editing the photoshop file. I've tried to make it as easy as possible to change it, but if you have any questions you ask me on reddit or via PM.

At the end of this thread will be instructions on how to make your stat cards without photshop as well.

Whats new:

What the PSD template looks like:

The new stat card is a standard poker card (edited to be correct now, before was incorrectly a bridge sized card), which has a finished size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches. It's a little thinner and little longer than the old stat card. The new card has more room at the bottom and back for stat info and can support larger artwork. There's also another box on the front for another stat.

Now included is glorious bleed. If you're familiar with print and graphic design you know bleed is awesome because it means the card pattern will print all the way to the to edge which is something the old card did not have.

Also the card has three different colors for the 'cost' brick on the top right hand side. I've been able to get some resources from Mike to remake the card so if there's anyone that wants to request a new feature, I can make it happen.

How to get them printed like a boss:

So edit the photoshop file how ever you want, save both the front and back as a JPG and upload them to this site: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/

Don't forget to unzip the font file and install them FIRST before going into photoshop.

They aren't too expensive and you get an excellent result. Alternatively, you can print your cards down at your local print store which will be even cheaper and I'll soon upload instruction on how to format your page.

For those who don't have photoshop (easy template)

DOWNLOAD PAGE

Pixlr

Download the zip containing the PXD file and the font pack. Install the fonts first, then visit Pixlr. If your browser has issues with this site, switch to something else for now.

The file works by layering transparent PNG's on top of each other. You can change the color of the card and picture outline color by going to 'Layer' at the top, then 'Open image as Layer'.

Spoiler: show

Then select the colored card you want in the folder 'not included in file'. Once that gets put over the top, delete the other layer color.

Now for your artwork, do the same as above and rearrange the layer so it's at the bottom of the file, that way the picture is inside the 'bang'.

All the available colors for the 'cost brick' are in the file already, just hide or un-hide them as needed.

To edit the text, select the the 'A' in the toolbox >  select the text layer you wish to edit > click the text itself. The text manager for Pixlr is not perfect but it does the job. Just make sure you have installed the fonts first otherwise it will substitute the fonts for something else.

Then, after all that, got to 'File' > 'Save' and you can save it as a PXD for editing the text later, but to get it printed, save it has a JPG (at the highest quality).

OR for those who want the old-style foldable version, I have those too!

ImageImage

DOWNLOAD PAGE

If you have any questions, just ask!
bluebright
Officer

Re: [PSM] 2015 Stat Card - UPDATED with fold-able version!

Postby geminedi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Is there any way you could possibly make some poker size quick wars rule cards? I'm not sure if it's possible to fit the quick wars rules on front and back of one card, but if you could that would be amazing.
TROLOLO
geminedi
Battlefield General

Postby geminedi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Or even possibly format the quick wars rules for a small booklet from game crafters for us photo shop dummies?
TROLOLO
geminedi
Battlefield General

Postby collsipp » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Yes, this would be extremely useful. Even though the printer-friendly version of Quikwars is handy on the go, this version would be small enough to be in a pocket.

If putting full text on a card is difficult, I would recommend that just putting in the tables would suffuce.
"But sharing is caring!"
"No. Sharing is dying."
collsipp
Champion
Champion

Postby bluebright » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:41 pm

geminedi wrote:Is there any way you could possibly make some poker size quick wars rule cards? I'm not sure if it's possible to fit the quick wars rules on front and back of one card, but if you could that would be amazing.

Yeah I could probably make it happen. I don't play using quickwars rules, so if you let me know whats the most important stuff to you on this page and I'll see what I ca whip up: http://brikwars.com/rules/2005/quikwars.htm
bluebright
Officer

Postby geminedi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:04 pm

I'd love if you could squeeze the full 2010 rules into a 20 page booklet from game crafter's lol. After more thought the card idea for quick wars seems like it would be too condensed. I've tried printing the quick wars rules to PDF and placing it with the small booklet template but I have no clue what I'm doing with Photoshop.
TROLOLO
geminedi
Battlefield General

Postby bluebright » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:02 am

geminedi wrote:I'd love if you could squeeze the full 2010 rules into a 20 page booklet from game crafter's lol. After more thought the card idea for quick wars seems like it would be too condensed. I've tried printing the quick wars rules to PDF and placing it with the small booklet template but I have no clue what I'm doing with Photoshop.

Huh, so that might be a good idea. I'm sure other's would appreciate being able to order the rulebook that's professionally formatted and printed.
bluebright
Officer

Return to Bonus Material