Crippling and wounding

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Crippling and wounding

Post by runnybabbit223 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:27 am

I was going over The Rules (2010 edition) the other day, to refresh myself on what was "House rules" and what was really "Da rules."

Anyway, I was doing a skim-over of the section on armor and I started thinking, (people really shoulden't think, it causes all sorts of problems.)

So in "da rules" it basically says that if your damage roll is equal to or less than your target's armor roll the target survives, if the damage is more than the target's armor the target dies.

But what if somthing happens if the damage is EQUAL TO the armor? Maybe the target gets "crippeled" (shown by putting a red stud on the back of target's leg) evectivly giving half move?

This could be very useful against armored units. (Although with armor as expensive as it is, crippeling could be over-powered.)

Pahaps somthing more sutile? disgruned even? or knockback?

EDIT: I'm kinda expecting this subject had been raised before, so don't lash out at me just because I haven't been bohered to compleatly check the forum for disscussions with this topic. :p
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!

Maddox
Hero

Re: Crippling and wounding

Post by Maddox » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 am

Usually wound system acts kind of like Size Damage, only ignoring literal Size and using arbitary "hit points." For example, a hero might have 3 hit points (like it would be Size 3 creature).

I don't really see any reason to introduce a special effect for having equal Damage and Armor rolls. It just slows down the game without making it more fun or interesting. And if you can Damage equal to constructions Armor, you can also surpass it.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:03 pm

runnybabbit223 wrote:But what if somthing happens if the damage is EQUAL TO the armor? Maybe the target gets "crippeled" (shown by putting a red stud on the back of target's leg) evectivly giving half move?
The Dismemberment system is introduced right after the rules for amputated limbs in 10.2.

http://brikwars.com/rules/2010/10.htm#2
BW2010 10.2: The Medik wrote:Dismemberment
In basic BrikWars battles, the treatment of corpses is a matter of taste. Whether they slump over uneventfully or their bodies are blown into discrete plastic bits depends only on how excited the players are about the quality of the attack.

In a battle that includes Mediks, injuries can make a big difference between easily-revived minifigs and hopeless cases. A minifig with both legs blown off is two points closer to failure on a Ker-Triage! Roll than his anatomically intact buddy, and it's important to track who's just mostly dead and who's really, really, no-fooling dead.

If players decide to allow Dismemberment, then minifigs and other Size 1" Creatures are no longer unaffected by Damage that exactly matches their Armor. Instead, one limb of the defending player's choice is Amputated - whether severed, crushed, blown off, or burnt beyond recognition.

If a minifig is killed by Damage equal to double its Armor or greater, then the minifig is Decapitated. Its head is removed, along with any extra heads and whichever other body parts seem appropriate, and there is no chance of revival by Mediks on the battlefield.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Post by runnybabbit223 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Maddox wrote:Usually wound system acts kind of like Size Damage, only ignoring literal Size and using arbitary "hit points." For example, a hero might have 3 hit points (like it would be Size 3 creature).

I don't really see any reason to introduce a special effect for having equal Damage and Armor rolls. It just slows down the game without making it more fun or interesting. And if you can Damage equal to constructions Armor, you can also surpass it.
I know about the HP, and you do have a point, but somthing like knockback or getting disgurtled could lead for some interesting play.

Also I was thinking about armored troopers with the armor, (like a knight) meaning once a knight is crippeled he can't walk anywhere because he is also slowed down by the armor.

granted, this crippeling is a complcation, and should only be opional at best.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!