Medic Voting

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

Vote

Poll ended at Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Choice 1
56%
Choice 2
44%

Total votes : 25

Postby Blitzen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Rayhawk wrote:Lastly, the descriptive text on the first card about mediks being sadists is hilarious. I hope I was the one who wrote that originally.

It was IV.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Rayhawk » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:25 am

MasterEcabob wrote:That's actually a really great rule Rayhawk, that way the only way to not revive a minifig is by rolling a critical failure.

As long as they haven't lost any limbs already, due to attacks or previous medikal efforts. Every missing limb makes it one point more likely that they won't survive.

Of course this means I have to write in a bunch of dismemberment rules to go along with the Medikal ones, but I've got those mostly nailed down already anyway.

Blitzen wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:Lastly, the descriptive text on the first card about mediks being sadists is hilarious. I hope I was the one who wrote that originally.

It was IV.

Dammit!
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 am

Rayhawk wrote:Of course this means I have to write in a bunch of dismemberment rules to go along with the Medikal ones, but I've got those mostly nailed down already anyway.

Is there really any reason for it not to be "no head, no life"? Creation rules already give the situation for having but one leg (1" movement), and missing a hand or hands just limits what a minifig can effectively use.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Rayhawk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:01 am

IVhorseman wrote:Is there really any reason for it not to be "no head, no life"? Creation rules already give the situation for having but one leg (1" movement), and missing a hand or hands just limits what a minifig can effectively use.

Oh good, that's already in there. That'll save me some work.

Other stuff left to add:
    6. if dismemberment is in play, then any time Damage and Armor are tied on an attack with a cutting weapon the defender loses a limb of his choice
    7. advice on removing limbs: don't remove limbs on older minifigs (prior to mid-80's or so), because they weren't designed for it and will be damaged.
    8. advice on removing arms: arms are tricky if you don't have a lot of hand strength, so it's better just to remove hands instead; a lost hand is counted as a lost arm, so no weaseling out by trying to lose the same limb twice.
    9. advice on removing legs: be careful when removing legs because the pins that hold them on can be damaged if you apply too much force. If you're worried, rather than removing one leg, remove the whole leg assembly and add a brick-built leg instead.
    10. pirate docs can replace any missing limb or head with a peg or hook.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby pesgores » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Rayhawk wrote:10. pirate docs can replace any missing limb or head with a peg or hook.[/list]

???
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:02 pm

I think "No head" should just reduce it's skill to 0 and make it effectively blind. Start it off in one direction and it will keep going that way until it falls over or bumps into something. Instant cannon fodder!
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 pm

pesgores wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:10. pirate docs can replace any missing limb or head with a peg or hook.

???

IVhorseman

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:54 pm

I love Dr.McNinja. Thank you for introducing me to it before.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby pesgores » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:10 am

In the comic, he doesn't remove their head, like Rayhawk said.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Previous

Return to Bonus Material