Steampunk boundries

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

necrolymn
Warrior King

Steampunk boundries

Post by necrolymn » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:08 pm

I can't find rulings on steampunk tech levels/stats so i figured i'd look here. From what i can tell, there are some odd bits here and there but no defined guide to the limitations of the criteria that compose the idea of steampunk (victorian era). I can't accept calling steampunk T4 becasue it lacks transistors, jet propulsion and misses automatic weapons by teknikly months. I can't accept calling steampunk T3 because it adds on pasteurization, the reloader, radio transmission, morse code and with quadrivium applied can make up for guided balistics with gyros. I wanna call Steampunk officially 3.5, who's with me? can anyone link me with what i need? thanks.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Re: Steampunk boundries

Post by Captain-Camper » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:11 pm

:protip: Abandon tech levels! Don't let these needless classifications get in the way of your building! They don't matter!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:58 pm

You can build your faction however you want! Decide your Lore and why they do / don't have certain things. Tell levels are more for wiki and discriptions, no one will force you to stay in the constraints of the tek levels. Only exception I would say is if you make OP shit, you may russle other peoples' jimmies. At the end of the day you are the boss of your toys.

necrolymn
Warrior King

Post by necrolymn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:19 am

cool, thanks for the support! I figured if i'd have trouble, the kanaon would save me! (steam from dragonfire + soma)