Binocks - It's a miracle! I've found a use for them!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Binocks - It's a miracle! I've found a use for them!

Post by doodstormer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Okay, we all have huge massive piles of pieces that aren't weapons, but can be held by a minifig, right? So I've found a use, and 'tis very simple.

Normal Binoculars
Increases range of units within a 6" radius of the binoculars user by 2"

Space binoculars
Increases rang of units within a 7" radius of he user by 4"

Now, here is a list of things I'm still brainstorming on uses for.
- Walkie-Talkie/radio/phone
- grappling hooks
- Rolling rocks down steep hills

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:56 pm

wait, are you saying that you have piles of binoculars and don't know what to do with them? my friend, binoculars in series make EXCELLENT parts of guns! if you have 8 binoculars, you can make an extremely convincing minigun (yes, even more convincing than the one on these forums). hell, even 4 binoculars would do the same (see that contraption on a lot of exo-force robots that looks like an engine type thing made of binoculars? make it rotate and you've got an 8 barrelled minigun).

using them as parts of gun barrels for rifles lets you choose between a top-mounted scope and an underslung grenade launcher.

although i don't have any, space binoculars are really good for making sights for futuristic siege weapons.

walkie talkies i know are mentioned on the scout cards. basically, i just use em for communication purposes. you know, like they're supposed to be.

and come on man. grappling hooks? you know, the things ninjas and whatnot use to scale walls, or wrap around gigantic things to pull them down?

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:30 pm

C4 man C4 that what bi-nocks or for.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Post by doodstormer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:45 pm

IVhorseman wrote:wait, are you saying that you have piles of binoculars and don't know what to do with them? my friend, binoculars in series make EXCELLENT parts of guns! if you have 8 binoculars, you can make an extremely convincing minigun (yes, even more convincing than the one on these forums). hell, even 4 binoculars would do the same (see that contraption on a lot of exo-force robots that looks like an engine type thing made of binoculars? make it rotate and you've got an 8 barrelled minigun).

using them as parts of gun barrels for rifles lets you choose between a top-mounted scope and an underslung grenade launcher.

although i don't have any, space binoculars are really good for making sights for futuristic siege weapons.

walkie talkies i know are mentioned on the scout cards. basically, i just use em for communication purposes. you know, like they're supposed to be.

and come on man. grappling hooks? you know, the things ninjas and whatnot use to scale walls, or wrap around gigantic things to pull them down?
Pfft, you are booooooooring. :P
I like having tactical uses for things. You may not like it, but if you charged a machine gun nest that had a guy with space binocs inside, you'd be toast. :P
And I know grappling hooks do that, I wanted to set some base rules for firing/throwing and climbing/descending them.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:03 pm

the way i'd imagined rules for grappling hooks is that the minifig can throw the hook just like a grenade or a knife. then you can just move minifigs up the rope (i suppose you COULD say at half speed, but i'd go with the full 5" myself).

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:33 am

As IV said, binoculars are just perfect for making weapons. We have one sniper rifle with binoculars and I made few days ago few simple yet cool weapons and one of them included binoculars. Macro-binoculars (or "space binoculars", if you like) aren't that easy to use, since they can't be attached directly as normal binoculars. But if you come up with a good way to attach them to weapons, you've got some great scope there!
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

kidko
Officer

Post by kidko » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:08 pm

I like the rules, but most of my binoculars are attached to weapons too. Oh well...

Walkie-talkies could give the minifig 360-degree visibility for Response actions if the minifig on the other end of the line can see what is happening to the first one. Er, that seemed a bit complicated. Instead of restricting the Response to the first minifig's cone of vision, they can respond to anything around them. Just a thought.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:35 pm

Or walkie-talkie allow minifigs to "see" (well more know of) anything that other minifigs with walkietalkies can see.(because they can tell each other what is going on.

<toocomplicated>
Or you could go and make everything complicated and say that all minifigs can only take action based on what they know and what their orders are, which greatly increases both the complexity of the game and the use of walkie-talkies. then if you feel like it still isn't complex enough, you could always limit the distance at which minifigs see, and make the binoculars more usefull as well.</toocomplicated>

(me no like suggestion i made, too complex)

well maybe those binoculars are X-ray specs :D now THAT would have uses for minifigs (besides the obvious)
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Rody wrote:well maybe those binoculars are X-ray specs :D now THAT would have uses for minifigs (besides the obvious)
but there's no good looking lego women to see through the clothes of! and the ones that ARE good looking are ALREADY scantily clad! (Slave Leia, BBIC)

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:57 pm

then maybe i was talking about the people playing brikwars, they could be female. besides, you don't know what minifigs find "hot"
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:18 pm

omg stripbrikwars
(i wouldn't do this) maybe someoneelse would though
hahaha :lol: :D hahaha

Joetrillion
Officer

Post by Joetrillion » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:59 am

Binoculars are probably one of THE most helpful peices you can get there perfect for making guns with scopes and gatling guns.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:18 am

I saw some guy stick two of those small 'spike' pieces into the front of a pair of binoculars, then put it on a Predator minifig to use as claws. It was pretty badass.

Joetrillion
Officer

Post by Joetrillion » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:42 pm

I was going to try that idea to make some unreal skaarj figure's.
(skaarj are lizard like things from the unreal universe Image this is one)

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:07 pm

I've done that before with lightsabers, but never thought of a good blade element. Maybe those Aquazone harpoons...
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...