I like to put the new classes into the rules section that they help illustrate though, so Mechanik is almost certainly going into the first half of chapter 7. Mediks are more likely to get set aside for a Specialists chapter, since they aren't as closely tied to a section of the main rules.
If I do make the Specialists chapter, who should go in it? Recaps of all the existing guys, obviously, just to have them collected in one place. I think the characters we've established over the past year of forum time as being able to add unique gameplay elements are:
6. Medix (+ introduce injuries rules; possible room for Bionix or at least Pirate Medix?)
7. Scouts (+ introduce traps and terrain hazards rules)
8. Ninjas (+ introduce stealth rules)
9. Snipers (need more playtesting for game/pacing balance)
10. Gunners (for high-Use siege weapons)
11. Heavy Weapons Guy (working title) (+ introduce automatic/spray weapons rules)
Am I forgetting anyone important?
Oh yeah, Cannon Fodder. But I'll probably introduce them somewhere earlier, maybe as a contrasting unit for the Hero, since his chapter's real short anyway.
I'm also thinking I need to put monster examples in there - zombies, dimmies, jaw-jaws, and skeletons especially - but they seem too niche to get space in the main rulebook. UNLESS - maybe I'll just make a generic Monster unit and then include those guys under the variations, like a miniature version of Chapter 9 from the 2001 book. Perfect!
12. Monsters (+ variations)