Electrical Weapons

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Do you want them or not

Yes
67%
Maybe
33%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

DatGuy
Hero

Electrical Weapons

Post by DatGuy » Fri May 05, 2017 3:04 pm

So I had this idea about a possible amendment to the rules about Elektriks. Elektrikal weapons cost 5cp per inch and damage armour but also damage EVERY component within the vehicle or structure, if said structure is metallic in nature, I.E a tank's gun, driver, gunner, and everything else inside would take damage, but a concrete bunker would simply take damage to the bunker as opposed to everything inside taking damage. It might only deal 1d6 per inch, but the added value of damaging everything inside. Maybe minifigs cannot fire them without taking damage?
You are like a man who fires gunshots at the barn, then paints a target around the biggest cluster of hits and claims to be a sharpshooter.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: Electrical Weapons

Post by sahasrahla » Fri May 05, 2017 4:49 pm

but nothing in brikwars is made from metal, it's all ABS

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sat May 06, 2017 1:12 pm

sahasrahla wrote:but nothing in brikwars is made from metal, it's all ABS
:ftw:
Image Image

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Sun May 07, 2017 5:18 pm

Alright, but think about this: structure levels.
http://brikwars.com/rules/2010/7.htm
If said *imagined material* was a metal, it should be conductive (let's ignore the detailed science for those ones who aren't so nerdy). Look at structure level examples: steel plating, wrought iron, heavy steel; they are all are metals. It should be made clear before a game that elektrikal weapons will be used, and what areas would be able to be affected. :denied: :owned:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

DatGuy
Hero

Post by DatGuy » Mon May 08, 2017 11:49 pm

So I thought of another idea for Elektrikal Weapons, after the failure of my original idea:

5 CP per inch, 1D6 damage per inch of size, Overloads like exposure damage if attacking for size damage, if attacking for component damage they Overload TWICE as powerfully, but only for that component.
You are like a man who fires gunshots at the barn, then paints a target around the biggest cluster of hits and claims to be a sharpshooter.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Tue May 09, 2017 5:08 pm

not bad of an idea. it should be play tested and anal-yzed. :warhead: :wtc:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

SynchingShip
Champion
Champion

Post by SynchingShip » Mon May 29, 2017 6:49 pm

DatGuy wrote:So I had this idea about a possible amendment to the rules about Elektriks.

A while back, IVhorseman posted something about Tesla Guns in his armory before scrapping it. Fortunately, I managed to save it before he did that, look it over w/ some friends, amend it w/ CP costs (which he detests), & repost it here for your zappifying enjoyment:
Tesla Gun

The Tesla Cannon
UR:3
Range: 6"
Damage: 1d12 (electric)
5 CP
2 hands

The Tesla cannon is, as you may imagine, anything that sends out some kind of electric discharge. It could be a volt-throwing plasma-caster of some sort, or simply LEGO Zeus's thunderbolts. Regardless, the damage dealt is off of the highly variable d12, and thus is applied as Electric Damage.

Electric Damage can arc from target to target with it's overkill damage, and when dealing with high damage rolls, it's likely for lightning to chain up to multiple targets. After vaporizing a target, electricity arcs to the nearest minifig or structure owned by any player. Lightning may occasionally strike a tree, but it will usually ground out unless there is something valuable to hit nearby. Besides, that would be boring where it could be funny instead. Electricity leaps as soon as it overcomes the armor roll of it's target one time, and can jump to any part of that creation as well, regardless of the conductivity of the materials. It may still only jump to one target at a time. Electric damage dealt in other ways, such as supernatural d12s, may be treated in the same manner.

EXAMPLE: Benny Is riding a tyrannosaurus rex (SL1, 1d10 armor), on a quest to hunt and kill Mummified Thomas Edison, who is armed with an electrostaff and is assuming his title of Pharaoh. On his turn, Edison zaps the T-rex with his tesla staff, dealing 8 damage! The T-rex rolls armor, and it's a 3. The remaining 5 damage is dealt to benny who, since he is touching the T-rex, is 0" away. The full damage is enough to overcome his 4 armor, and the Pharaoh goes onwards with the march on poor Nicola Tesla.

Bad guy 1 is about to test-fire his volt-thrower at Bad guy A, but these dudes are in for a nasty surprise! He makes the skill roll with a critical and rolls overkill, and even makes a damage roll of 11. With his overkill roll of 4 bringing this up to 15, it's more than enough to fry bad guy A into a pile of ash! Electric damage bypasses Bad Guy 1's armor, and he is only 4" away! This leaves five damage to be dealt, and he too is shocked to death.

Larger versions of the Tesla Gun may employ this Siege Version:
Cost: WSx3 CP
UR: WSx3
Range: WSx4"
Damage: WSd12 (electric)

Size 1 Tesla Gun:
Cost: 3CP
UR: 3
Range: 4"
Dmg: 1d12 (electric)
Of course, this was before chapter 8.7: Custom Weapons, where d12s already cover lighting bolts