My Houserules

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

My Houserules

Postby hughesdylan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Hello all,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to give something back to the brickwars community. This will be a listing of our home rules, not all of these are our own, many come from the community at large.

This was origionally an excel spreadsheet, so i apologize for the horrid formatting. Hopefully you can understand it at least.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/889/77439622tw0.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1038/11198622ma2.jpg
Last edited by hughesdylan on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TROLOLO
hughesdylan
Battlefield General

Postby pesgores » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Whoa! Try separating them using different sizes and divide them by sections first, before we can discuss them.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Wow, those are set up horribly. It's kind of hard to understand them with that setup.

Pretty much I just use these homerules:

Infinite ammunition for explosives = launcher cost + three times the explosives cost. It also takes a full turn to reload.

No sprinting.

No parries or counterattacks (makes things too busy).

And finally I change weapon stats a lot from the rulebook to make certain weapons that fit what I want them to have (like I'll make a gun that has a long-range weapon's damage or higher with a close range weapon's range).
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby hughesdylan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Id really like to just post the damn spreadsheet to be honest. Oh wait! i can do an image instead. One moment and i will fix that ungodly mess.
TROLOLO
hughesdylan
Battlefield General

Postby hughesdylan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm

TROLOLO
hughesdylan
Battlefield General

Postby Elmagnifico » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Better. I like your chemistry dude.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby hughesdylan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Err, One quick note. The ranges on flame weapons and the sniper weapon are flipped. Sniper weapons are line of sight, flame is a 2'' fingercone.
TROLOLO
hughesdylan
Battlefield General

Postby MasterEcabob » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:51 pm

I like your factory rules.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:58 am

I'd say that the first page of spreadsheet data is spot-on, but your minifigs could use a little work (or at least organization).
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby hughesdylan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Yea, this isn't a streamlined release for the masses, its just a collection of ideas we've come up with over time, so they are sorted. Only chronologically.
TROLOLO
hughesdylan
Battlefield General

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Been writing up my armies and decided to share some house rule stats with you all. They go along with 2005 rules.

~~~~~~~~~

Key for add-ons: (+ or - CP cost) Ability (Type)

-1 Takes either movement or action to set up (Weapon)

+1 Don’t need line of sight, but if you don’t have a line of sight roll 1d4. This roll plus any difference between use and skill roll is how far away from the target the mortar hits, just like a regular missed skill roll (Weapon)

+3 Infinite 1d10exp rockets and takes one turn to reload (Weapon)
+6 Infinite 2d10exp rockets and takes one turn to reload (Weapon)
+9 Infinite 3d10exp rockets and takes one turn to reload (Weapon)
(etc.)

+2 Natural body armor. Same as regular body armor, but no move penalty (Minifig)

+2 Treat all close combat weapons as one size category larger for damage (Minifig)

+1 Can wield two-handed weapons with a shield (Minifig)

+3 Increase damage with ranged weapons by 1d6 and range by 2” (Minifig)

~~~~~~~~~

Key for weapons: Weapon Name (Use Rating) - Range @ Damage

Machine Gun (3) - 8” @ 1d6+1
4CP

Heavy Machine Gun (4) - 9” @ 2d6
-1 Takes either movement or action to set up
5CP

Sniper Rifle (3) - 12” @ 1d6+4
6CP

Mortar Cannon (4) - 12”
+1 Don’t need line of sight, but if you don’t have a line of sight roll 1d4. This roll plus any difference between use and skill roll is how far away from the target the mortar hits, just like a regular missed skill roll
-1 Takes either movement or action to set up
(Explosives sold separately)
6CP
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby birdman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:46 pm

ya know, it might be just me, but i think that infinite 1d10 explosive weapons (even with the reload) are worth a bit more than 3 cp.
birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:26 pm

birdman wrote:ya know, it might be just me, but i think that infinite 1d10 explosive weapons (even with the reload) are worth a bit more than 3 cp.

We talked about that in another thread actually. It's in another thread on this sub-forum.

According to the rules, you have to buy the launcher and then the explosives that you want to launch.

So if you wanted a rocket launcher that shot 1d10exp rockets 10", you would pay the 5CP for the actual launcher first and then you would normally have to buy the rockets separately for 1CP each. So for the same cost at having infinite rockets with one turn to reload between shots, you would be able to buy 3 rockets with no wait.

It was just a way to make tanks and other weapons that you usually wouldn't see the actual ammunition in a Brikwars game more realistic in game-play.

And really, how many games do you play that a 1d10exp rocket gets fired from the same launcher more than three times? If anything, it's a hindrance. You probably end up not getting your points-worth out of it.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Return to Bonus Material