Capture The Flag!!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

Capture The Flag!!

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 pm

After looking for the old,old,OLD CTF topic,i could not find it. I am currently making a map for it,though small it will be. Small and brutal.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:16 am

I prefer playground-style CTF -- the battlefield is divided into two by a line. Troops killed on your side of the field respawn at your base, but if they're killed on the other side of the field you have to recover their bodies and bring them back to your base before they can respawn.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Image
User avatar
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2499
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Postby pesgores » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 pm

TBD's idea seems very nice.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image
User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Postby Shaeph » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:33 pm

you could also use jails
but who ever actually goes to the jail?
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin
User avatar
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Shaeph wrote:you could also use jails
but who ever actually goes to the jail?


Me. I love capture the flag and I think cheating takes away the fun from games like capture the flag, dodgeball, kick the can, etc.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 am

The way we always played CTF at school, when you were tagged you just sat down on the field, and one of your teammates had to come out, tag you, and walk back across to your side of the field with you. Jails make the game move slower because it's harder to get people out of a jail defended by 1/3 of the opposing team. When people are scattered around the field, the defense has to spread their forces to cover them and it becomes not really worth it.
That said, playground CTF would not make a good forum game, because it's hard to have more than two teams.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Image
User avatar
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2499
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Postby tahthing » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:09 am

weve playd capture the flag with more than 2 teams at my school the aim was to get all the flags.
if your team had no flags in their base (all teams flags where the same) the teams out.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
User avatar
tahthing
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm
Location: Supprised this account isn't

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:27 am

Theblackdog wrote:The way we always played CTF at school, when you were tagged you just sat down on the field, and one of your teammates had to come out, tag you, and walk back across to your side of the field with you. Jails make the game move slower because it's harder to get people out of a jail defended by 1/3 of the opposing team. When people are scattered around the field, the defense has to spread their forces to cover them and it becomes not really worth it.
That said, playground CTF would not make a good forum game, because it's hard to have more than two teams.


We played with the gym or football field split in two with a 15 by 15 foot space for jail on either side of the field and ANOTHER 15 by 15 foot space for a "safe" where you couldn't be tagged when you were in the other teams territory.

There were also rules that you couldn't have more than two people "guarding" safe or the jail by being less than 15 feet or so from it. Same goes for the flag.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby pesgores » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Theblackdog wrote:The way we always played CTF at school, when you were tagged you just sat down on the field, and one of your teammates had to come out, tag you, and walk back across to your side of the field with you. Jails make the game move slower because it's harder to get people out of a jail defended by 1/3 of the opposing team. When people are scattered around the field, the defense has to spread their forces to cover them and it becomes not really worth it.
That said, playground CTF would not make a good forum game, because it's hard to have more than two teams.


Weird.

We have this thing here in Portugal (probably in the rest of the world too) that is called "Human Football [Soccer]", in which you have to do the same as you say, but the objective is to enter in the opponents goal to score.

And there is no jail nor death.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image
User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:24 pm

pesgores wrote:
Theblackdog wrote:The way we always played CTF at school, when you were tagged you just sat down on the field, and one of your teammates had to come out, tag you, and walk back across to your side of the field with you. Jails make the game move slower because it's harder to get people out of a jail defended by 1/3 of the opposing team. When people are scattered around the field, the defense has to spread their forces to cover them and it becomes not really worth it.
That said, playground CTF would not make a good forum game, because it's hard to have more than two teams.


Weird.

We have this thing here in Portugal (probably in the rest of the world too) that is called "Human Football [Soccer]", in which you have to do the same as you say, but the objective is to enter in the opponents goal to score.

And there is no jail nor death.


Even weirder, we had a similar kind of game back in Ukraine.

Plus, those sound kind of like my version of airsoft ( you get shot once in chest or head, walk back. 3 times if wearing plastic body armor, and if shot anywhere else, must fall down and wait for designated "medic" to tap you.)
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City


Return to Bonus Material

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests