Custom designed minifig

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:16 am

The difference is, he's got talent... We don't. But, if we make enough worthy additions and trimmings, he's sure to give in.

Yak
Champion
Champion

Post by Yak » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:04 am

Cool Idea! Although you should have made a new type of gun to go with him..
Last edited by Yak on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Leader of the LBW (Legion of the Brik Warriors)

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:52 pm

IVhorseman wrote:yeah, i agree, 50% chance of killing most any unit at massive isn't game changing? i was also considering a stealth addition, but that's really all he needs. he's basically the ranged equivalent of a ninja.
Yes, that's part of the idea of snipers, being partially invisiable. If you ask me, they should be 2/3 visable at all times, unless they find real cover. Snipers are masters of hiding for days just to blow a specific targets head off, and even if they're strolling down mainstreet in broad daylight, they need to be semi-hidden, because they're just that cool. And, as mentioned before, large calibur weapons shooting someone in the head isn't cool enough to warrent art yet? Come on! With Hathcock's rules, you need to roll a 1d10 to determin how far away the head lands from the body! (I can see it now. Two soldiers, moving up, one 5" behind the other. Our sniper takes the shot at the first one, the head flys, and the second gets hit and stunned by the dead guys head. How is that not awesome?)
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Captain Nomouth
Officer

Post by Captain Nomouth » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:24 pm

DarkWolf wrote: And, as mentioned before, large calibur weapons shooting someone in the head isn't cool enough to warrent art yet? Come on! With Hathcock's rules, you need to roll a 1d10 to determin how far away the head lands from the body! (I can see it now. Two soldiers, moving up, one 5" behind the other. Our sniper takes the shot at the first one, the head flys, and the second gets hit and stunned by the dead guys head. How is that not awesome?)
I'VE GOT IT!!! Give the sniper a special two-minifigs-with-one-bullet attack. If a sniper can line up two units in his sights then he has a chance to shoot through one and into the other, just as long as they aren't wearing armor.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:26 pm

... Thats actually a pretty cool idea... And both their heads go flying back in a straight line, for the same distance as judged by the previously mentioned 1d10. Now Mike has to make the stat card!

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:27 pm

Aha! Halo style sniper rifles; "At 200 yards it would penatrate up to 13 feet of flesh and bone." "Now then kiddies, what's today's lession?" 'Don't line up your troops single file and march towards a sniper?' "Very good!"
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:32 pm

Precisely. Also, if you penetrate 3 skulls, and they each go back 10 inches into the skul of another target that is only an inch behind them, it could break the nose of the other target, sending it up into their brain and killing them. Thats... 4 minifigs with one bullet. Pretty cool if you ask me. This a game changer yet, Mike?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:48 pm

yeah, this is pretty good, but the lined up shots isn't what changes games. it's the situations where a truck carrying the item one team has to hold onto. they COULD spend several turns attempting to catch up with the truck, gaining only a few inches a turn in their personal trucks. OR, they could cut the truck off and shepard it towards wherever the sniper is waiting and have him blow the driver's brains out. or that mediks and officers make great sniper targets.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Captain Nomouth wrote:I'VE GOT IT!!! Give the sniper a special two-minifigs-with-one-bullet attack. If a sniper can line up two units in his sights then he has a chance to shoot through one and into the other, just as long as they aren't wearing armor.
Anyone can do that already, it's in 7.5:Special Damage, under Overkill.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:58 pm

The horse speaks truth! Now, we need to develop this idea into one that is very nicely drawn and stat-carded by our very own Mike Rayhawk. To do this, we need to make this sniper a game changing element: What makes a game changing element?

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:16 pm

King of Brix wrote:The horse speaks truth! Now, we need to develop this idea into one that is very nicely drawn and stat-carded by our very own Mike Rayhawk. To do this, we need to make this sniper a game changing element: What makes a game changing element?
Is uniqueness a game changing element.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:18 pm

Not necessarily in itself, but game changing elements are unique. A game changing element would be something that you can really count on to create <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of bloodshed, an amusing situation, or get you out of a funny jam in a funny way. Like the skipping heads thing, until Mike pointed out that it existed as overkill.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:28 pm

Maybe a sniper shouldn't take penalties for small sizes or cover (exept full cover). Or maybe they should get an even bigger bonus for taregting.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:52 pm

A targeting bonus is an excellent idea... Also, small obkects are never a problem for snipers. Great! Lets see Mike deny us a stat card now! *smiles smugly, waiting and knowing that Mike will somehow find a way to get out of doing the time consuming artwork*

Master JJ
Champion
Champion
Location: Bridge of my Lego Super Star Destroyer orbiting the planet

Post by Master JJ » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 pm

ok first, really cool minfig. i like snipers, and on 90% of the videogames i play that involve guns(thats most of them), im a sniper.

second, id love to help make it a game changeing element, and ill start thinking up ideas ASAP.

hmmm.....maybe make the sniper a 2man unit? like in the US military, u have the acual sniper, and his spotter. the spotter usually has a machine gun, and looks for targets. or make it so that certain units can act as spotters for the sniper. like i have a sniper in a church bell tower, and a few men pined down by a machine gun nest 30in. away. one acts as a spotter, and even though the sniper is way out of range, as long as the soldier i designated as the spotter can see the enemy, the sniper can fire on the enemy. there would have to be a max of course, but something like 30-40in. away and it wouldnt work.
If I have to chose between surrender and death, ill take death. Cause I get to take a few of you down with me.

-Me