Fun Scenarios

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

Postby Silent-sigfig » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Or perhaps start them off with no weapons at all.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:52 pm

No because then the first 5 turns are without any action.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Silent-sigfig » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:54 pm

Perhaps hand-to-hand weapons then? or some random item?
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Shotgun mayhem!
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:00 am

I want to play a battle, but I can't decide weather to do dirtworthy's reveng or the "glomps" one.
BFenix wrote:

Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby noheroes89 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:39 am

me and my friend i play with had a deathmatch today that ended with him praying to the gods of war to destroy everyone in the universe except our heroes. (which we rolled on and he was successful) I however won the duel, but instead of just ending the battle and having my hero live a sad life alone in the world i had him banhammer himself to continue the battle in hell. which i am now constructing. any ideas for a cool scenario?
TROLOLO
noheroes89
Battlefield General

Postby Theblackdog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:03 am

I've already posted one or two. Here's a third.

Temple Raid
Setting: a lush tropical paradise/hellhole, heavily forested and filled with dangerous animals like crocodiles. In the center of the battlefield is a large Pagan Temple filled with treasures (gems, gold, idols, preferably with one big gold idol in the center). The temple is also filled with booby traps and secret tunnels, which come up in small, outlying huts which also hold treasures.

Scenario: Two scouting expeditions by rival multinational/interstellar corporations (500cp each) have both found what appears to be a lost tribal nation/colony world, inhabited by primitive Pagans (800cp). The two forces land near one of the largest temples in order to loot it. Naturally, the Pagans take offense at this and muster their own army to drive the heathens away. Meanwhile, a Cargo Cult which formed around a crashed space freighter (400cp) sees the Sky Gods coming to land and heads off for the temple in order to return the gifts the Sky Gods brought them. This being the Brikwars universe, these gifts mostly consist of explosives and barrels of toxic chemicals.
Fine detail rules: The two high tech armies each have an indestructible and unarmed “base” included at no charge as a place where they can store their treasures. They CAN raid each other’s bases; the Pagans can raid their bases as well. The Gold Idol is worth 25 points, other idols are worth 15, gems are worth 10, gold coins are worth 5 points apiece.

Copy & paste. LOVE it.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby ahp77 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:27 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:OK here's one that I just came up with, so obviously it's never been play-tested.

A new species of cute, fuzzy animal (called Glomps) have been discovered and local BrikWarriors have found a way to breed them for profit. It's time to eliminate the competition, if you know what I mean. Each team sets up a fortified "Glomp ranch" on opposite ends of the battlefield, and proceeds to try and kill all of their opponents' Glomps. (Glomps can be represented by any special piece that you just happen to have a lot of, because trust me, you will want a lot of them).

Ranged weapons of any kind are not allowed in this game, with one exception: The Glomp Gun. Each ranch may have one giant cannon capable of reaching mid-battlefield. This cannon does 2d6 damage and has a 2 inch splash radius. The one drawback is that the only ammo it accepts are Glomps!

Now you could use your own Glomps for the cannon, but it would be much easier to just go out and capture the herds of neutral Glomps wandering the battlefield. Respawns are on so that eventually, one player will be able to storm the other's ranch and kill all of their Glomps to win.

The best part about Glomps though is that they explode doing 2d6 to everything within a 1 inch radius as soon as they suffer damage. Because of this, it may not be wise to herd all your Glomps together. It's totally up to the player as to how they design their ranch, but Glomps need a food supply, a water supply, and wide open space. You can surround them with 30-foot walls if you want, as long as that wall at least has a gate. Also, Glomps need to be small enough for a minifig to carry, I wouldn't use anything larger than a 3x2 brick to represent them.

Anyway, the aspects of BrikWars that this battle type is emphasizing are:
Base design: You need to come up with a ranch that keeps your Glomps safe both from the enemy and from each other, without sealing them each in their own private reinforced titanium cages.
Resource Management: Using your Glomps as weapons gives you a huge advantage on the battlefield, but the more you use the easier it becomes for your opponent to win in the long run!
Seige Techniques: Like it or not (hopefully, as a BrikWarrior, you do) you're eventually going to have to mount a full scale invasion of the enemy ranch if you want to wipe his sorry ass Glomp-ranching business off the map.
Explosions: Because when you get right down to it, that's what BrikWars is all about!

What about glomp breeding? (Sorry; Human gross and embarrassment is in a couple months; have to get it out of my system.)

every 10 turns your number of "glomps" multiplies by 1.5.
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Theblackdog » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:14 am

Another idea would be to start out with all the glomps in the wild and the objective to capture as many as you can and return them to base. Instead of just scattering the glomps throughout the field you should cluster them near terrain features (forests, hills, etc.) the idea being that a few minifigs could capture and defend a glomp colony while the vehicles come up to harvest it.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Timedude » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:OK here's one that I just came up with, so obviously it's never been play-tested.

A new species of cute, fuzzy animal (called Glomps) have been discovered and local BrikWarriors have found a way to breed them for profit. It's time to eliminate the competition, if you know what I mean. Each team sets up a fortified "Glomp ranch" on opposite ends of the battlefield, and proceeds to try and kill all of their opponents' Glomps. (Glomps can be represented by any special piece that you just happen to have a lot of, because trust me, you will want a lot of them).

Ranged weapons of any kind are not allowed in this game, with one exception: The Glomp Gun. Each ranch may have one giant cannon capable of reaching mid-battlefield. This cannon does 2d6 damage and has a 2 inch splash radius. The one drawback is that the only ammo it accepts are Glomps!

Now you could use your own Glomps for the cannon, but it would be much easier to just go out and capture the herds of neutral Glomps wandering the battlefield. Respawns are on so that eventually, one player will be able to storm the other's ranch and kill all of their Glomps to win.

The best part about Glomps though is that they explode doing 2d6 to everything within a 1 inch radius as soon as they suffer damage. Because of this, it may not be wise to herd all your Glomps together. It's totally up to the player as to how they design their ranch, but Glomps need a food supply, a water supply, and wide open space. You can surround them with 30-foot walls if you want, as long as that wall at least has a gate. Also, Glomps need to be small enough for a minifig to carry, I wouldn't use anything larger than a 3x2 brick to represent them.

Anyway, the aspects of BrikWars that this battle type is emphasizing are:
Base design: You need to come up with a ranch that keeps your Glomps safe both from the enemy and from each other, without sealing them each in their own private reinforced titanium cages.
Resource Management: Using your Glomps as weapons gives you a huge advantage on the battlefield, but the more you use the easier it becomes for your opponent to win in the long run!
Seige Techniques: Like it or not (hopefully, as a BrikWarrior, you do) you're eventually going to have to mount a full scale invasion of the enemy ranch if you want to wipe his sorry ass Glomp-ranching business off the map.
Explosions: Because when you get right down to it, that's what BrikWars is all about!

Dude, this is brilliant! I love it! Glomps sound allot like Tribbles to me for some reason. Point is, this idea is sweet! I may take some time out of my weekend and do an illustration for this, its just that sweet! 2 Thumbs up, man!

-Timedude
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
Timedude
Cannon Fodder

Postby Atomsk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 am

I've found that most of the time, scenarios just devolve into free-for-all killing sprees. I had this nice little game last year where the US Marshals were attacking the FLDS compound. The FLDS had hostages which the Marshals were supposed to rescue, and the FLDS were supposed to have a certain number of units pray every turn. Yeah, guess what happened? They killed the hostages, barricaded themselves in the Temple, and the Marshals had to flush them out with C4.
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Atomsk wrote:I've found that most of the time, scenarios just devolve into free-for-all killing sprees. I had this nice little game last year where the US Marshals were attacking the FLDS compound. The FLDS had hostages which the Marshals were supposed to rescue, and the FLDS were supposed to have a certain number of units pray every turn. Yeah, guess what happened? They killed the hostages, barricaded themselves in the Temple, and the Marshals had to flush them out with C4.

Welcome back. We haven't seen you for a while.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Atomsk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:47 pm

pesgores wrote:Welcome back. We haven't seen you for a while.

Thanks, I've been distracted by Wrath of the Lich King for the past few months.
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Postby Natalya » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Hydra Ranchers -- BrikWars Style

Except for BrikWars it'd be called like clone factory or cannibal harvest or something.

Setup:
So like, every one starts with a relatively small force. The battlefield is also tiny. Umm there are 4 teams, each team starts with nothing but a squad and a vehicle or mech or something, in one corner of the field. But each team also has two engineers to build creations and a pile of machinery parts and shit to make things out of.

Additionally, every player has like a teleport platform or little cloning machine box or whatever and this thing creates 2 or 3 minifigs or robots or crocodiles (what the fuck ever) for each player each turn.

Rules:
- Victory by elimination of opponents
- Clone machine things are immortal, but stop working when a player is eliminated or quits
- Everyone should have a tally of "pounds of meat collected"
- Kills give you a "pound of meat"
- Creation damage gives you as many pounds of meat as structure points that you damaged. 1 bonus point if u blow up the creation.

Meat:
- This is basically points, but saying "Pounds of Meat Collected" makes it sound that much cooler.
- You can use this to buy stuff. Players should set costs for things that can be bought.

Stuff to Buy:
This is up to the players to decide what can be purchased, but I'll give some suggestions...

10 PoM: 1 Extra unit each turn gets spawned (Can only buy twice)
2 PoM: 1 Extra unit gets spawned in a given turn
5 PoM: Turn a unit into a hero
4 PoM: Get another engineer
4 PoM: Buy a heavy weapon for your team
1 PoM: Buy a MKII Rocket for a team member
10 PoM: Buy a Motorcycle
20 PoM: Buy a creation with size 4 and a size 2 weapon
20 PoM: Get +1 on all skill rolls for your team (Can only buy once)
20 PoM: Get +1 for all armour values (not on creations) (Can only buy once)
6 PoM: Buy a Sniper
8 PoM: Buy a Ninja
Etc...

Like it? Hate it?
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:30 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:Hydra Ranchers

Obscure Starcraft reference?
You win.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

PreviousNext

Return to Bonus Material