IKE-3 Super Tank

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

DarkWolf
Officer

IKE-3 Super Tank

Post by DarkWolf » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:24 pm

If heavy armor superiority is your thing, then you will love this tank:

IKE-3 Super Tank

Cost: 200
Size: 10”
Armor: 4d10
Propulsion: 6”
Notes: Massive: Can crush infantry and small vehicles underneath it if they make base contact while the IKE-3 is moving.

Spare Room: Can function as an APC due to excess of cargo room.

Radar: Receives +1 on UR rolls against targets within 15” and any stealthed units are revealed if they get within 10”

Optional Rule; Inspiration: The IKE-3 is a inspiring weapon, granting a +1 to the rolls of all allied units within 20” of it, and a -1 to all enemy units within 20”

Optional Rule; Late to Battle: The IKE-3 can be deployed later in the battle at any edge of the playing field on the player’s side at the start of a predetermined turn. In the turn before the IKE-3 arrives, the ground is shaking so badly that all units within 20” of the intended entry point will recive -1 on UR rolls. Upon arriving, roll a number of die equal the number of soldiers (if you have 10 troopers, roll 1d10, if you have 11 troopers roll 1d10+1 and so on and so on). The number that comes up is the number of soldiers that will not be able to do anything this turn, because, if they’re allied, they’re cheering wildly, and if they’re enemies they’re crapping their pants with fear.

Weapons: Quasar Cannon, Mk. II Linked Heavy Laser Cannons, Mk. II Heavy Machineguns

Quasar Cannon
Cost: 50
Range: 35”
UR: 6
Damage: 4d10
Notes: Needs to spend one turn cooling down after firing. Has a gunner separate from the main crew allowing it to fire independently of other weapons.

Mk. II Linked Heavy Laser Cannons
Cost: 30
Range: 20”
UR: 5
Damage: 2d10
Notes: Both cannons can be fired at the same time if range permits. Calculate range from the end of the cannon. Controlled by the main pilot.

Mk. II Heavy Machineguns
Cost: 20
Range: 15”
Damage: 3
Notes: Each Machinegun is controlled by a different gunner, allowing them to fire independently of each other. Fires 14 shots per attack.

Last edited by DarkWolf on Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:12 am

Holy Shite thats HUGE!
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:22 pm

I have to admit that the IKE-3 Super Tank was the first thing I thought of when I saw THIS beauty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3R3M5KuqLM
http://mocpages.com/moc.php/44015

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Rayhawk wrote:I have to admit that the IKE-3 Super Tank was the first thing I thought of when I saw THIS beauty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3R3M5KuqLM
http://mocpages.com/moc.php/44015
Well, that kicks the living crap out of anything I've ever built.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:35 pm

huh. i like this guy's style for his sci-fi stuff. but his tank is with mindstorms, or motors, or SOMETHING that is just flat out cheating. brik constructions only count if you have to make sound effects with your mouth and push it around on the carpet!

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:08 pm

Is it cheating if I provide audio of the guns firing? Because I've got the audio of several types of guns being fired saved on disks and my hard drive, and I like to use them to provide good background. I've even got some garbled radio chatter that you can't understand to provide a good backgroud for a new battle. (This was Alpha squads last transmission: *static* ...DIE YOU... *static* ...MOTHER OF... *static* *grown men screaming and crying for their mommies* *end transmission* Your job is to go in there and make more sense when you die so we know how many nukes to fire on this facility)
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:17 pm

IVhorseman wrote:huh. i like this guy's style for his sci-fi stuff. but his tank is with mindstorms, or motors, or SOMETHING that is just flat out cheating. brik constructions only count if you have to make sound effects with your mouth and push it around on the carpet!
Thats Right!

Nice Tank too!
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:56 am

what? this tank is huge!

totally blows any tank I've built out of the water, totally.

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:58 am

Hmmm.. a tiny tank talking about a huge tank. I have I slight sense of irony.
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

After much tinkering, the IKE-3 has been upgraded to the IKE-4, which I intend to motorize once I get some of the new IR motor parts.

IKE-4
Cost: 300 Total
Size: 12”
Propulsion: 6”
Armor: 4d10/6d10
Notes:

Cow Catcher: The IKE-4 has been upgraded with a front mounted cow catcher capable of ripping through anything in the way.

Spare Room: Can function as an APC due to excess of cargo room.

Radar: Receives +1 on UR rolls against targets within 15” and any stealthed units are revealed if they get within 10”

Ultra-Hardened: The front of the IKE-4 is made of an ultra-hard material called Adamite, which gives the front of the IKE-4 an armor level of 6d10.

Latch-on Cargo: The IKE-4 has a detachable rear platform capable of carrying additional infantry and Marauder Battlesuits into battle.

Optional Rule; Inspiration: The IKE-4 is a inspiring weapon, granting a +1 to the rolls of all allied units within 20” of it, and a -1 to all enemy units within 20”

Optional Rule; Late to Battle: The IKE-4 can be deployed later in the battle at any edge of the playing field on the player’s side at the start of a predetermined turn. In the turn before the IKE-3 arrives, the ground is shaking so badly that all units within 20” of the intended entry point will recive -1 on UR rolls. Upon arriving, roll a number of die equal the number of soldiers (if you have 10 troopers, roll 1d10, if you have 11 troopers roll 1d10+1 and so on and so on). The number that comes up is the number of soldiers that will not be able to do anything this turn, because, if they’re allied, they’re cheering wildly, and if they’re enemies they’re crapping their pants with fear.

Weapons: Quasar Cannon, Mk. II Linked Heavy Laser Cannons, Mk. II Heavy Machineguns, Mk. II Heavy Flame Throwers

Quasar Cannon
Cost: 50
Range: 35”
Damage: 5d10
Notes: Needs to spend one turn cooling down after firing. Has a gunner separate from the main crew allowing it to fire independently of other weapons.

Mk. II Linked Heavy Laser Cannons
Cost: 30
Range: 20”
Damage: 2d10
Notes: Both cannons can be fired at the same time if range permits. Calculate range from the end of the cannon. Controlled by the main pilot.

Mk. II Heavy Machineguns
Range: 18”
Damage: 3
Notes: Each Machinegun is controlled by a different gunner, allowing them to fire independently of each other. Fires 14 shots per attack.

Mk. II Heavy Flame Throwers
Range: 15”
Damage: 3d6 Flame
Notes: Each Flame Thrower is controlled by the Heavy Machinegun gunners, who can choose to fire one or the other.

--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Wow, those are some impressive upgrades.
DarkWolf wrote:Is it cheating if I provide audio of the guns firing? Because I've got the audio of several types of guns being fired saved on disks and my hard drive, and I like to use them to provide good background.
Yes, the only proper soundtrack to a Brikwars battle is Richard Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ia2lqlEFjrE
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Commander Evil
Hero

Post by Commander Evil » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 am

BOLO

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Commander Evil wrote:BOLO
Actually I was thinking Imperial Guard Baneblade when I first came up with the design, and of course it looked nothing like a Baneblade. However, after finding out about the Bolo books, yes, it does look like one, but it is not a Bolo.
--Anonymous
--Commissar saying
--Steel Legion motto

spacessj
Hero

Post by spacessj » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:11 am

Cool tank. And it's nice to see that I'm not the only one that has multi-colored vehicles

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:00 pm

Flame throwers + tank= pure awesome. only thing keeping me from rating it with a 10/10 is those damned drug trip turrets. So for now it's a 9/10