Olly's BrickSpace Version 1.5 Requests

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Warhead's Datanetting idea is a good one. You can use the BrikWars 2005 Squad rules more or less verbatim.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Very true.

I have a general question for the people who try to keep up to date with BrikSpace: does it READ okay? Is it easy to understand as a whole?

I'm specifically looking for feedback on the Ship Creation guidelines that were just put in.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Fighter Ace: Adds 1 FP to a fighter, bomber, or interceptor's cost, may elect to move half of your move on your turn and the other half on the opponents turn, or may simply attack again.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:12 am

I have been looking through some of my old stuff and found some more ideas. However, most are founded on a vastly different drive concept that I feel is far superior (Both games mechanic wise and logically, if fiction can be logical) to the film convention hyperspace drive of just appear anywhere you can navigate genre. But it took me a while to realise that it made more sense game wise and I'm not sure anyone would go for it, I know I didn't first time round. However, here are two you might be interested in.

Sprint Mode/Close Assault Missile: While longer ranged missiles can be countered by a ships point defence these may not. These short range assault missiles are just too fast over the short range to counter by any means.

Drive Emission Missile: Not a true missile but a probe that generates a ships drive signature luring enemy missiles to target it instead of the true target. It's a one shot trick that lasts for one turn before burn out or immolation. While active enemy missiles (not sprint mode missiles) get a negative mod to hit.

Multiplex Targeting: Allows the ship or datanet group to target multiple targets as desired. Like Datanetting this is another fragile system prone to failure when exposed to battle damage.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 am

You have wonderful ideas. Thank you.
-=[ Visage ]=-

halo 3000
I though bringing it up might possibly get me one

Post by halo 3000 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:32 pm

what im thinking is like a gauss or mac gun it is something that has a really NICE damage rating, but can only fire in a straight line forward. it would be mounted under the ship. or something like that.
"My name is Art Vandelay. I'm an architect."~George Costanza

halo 3000
I though bringing it up might possibly get me one

Post by halo 3000 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:02 pm

hey how about this? build pads these are neutral places around the field ships can capture it by being within like a 2-3in radius around it and you could build like a repair station, laser turrent stuff like that even light medium and heavy build pads.

sorry about the bad typing, just copy and pasted from an IM.
"My name is Art Vandelay. I'm an architect."~George Costanza

Matt BeDar
Nice Dubs

Post by Matt BeDar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Uuummm, the Space Station rules could still use with an update. They need FP total and a CP change from the looks of it. That's really the only thing I would like. The other stuff sounds really cool, but it seems to be a little more complexity then is needed. Just putting in my two cents
If you have to ask, then the answer is yes, I am insane.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Sure thing, Boss.

Did I really not give Space Stations an FP cost? Now I feel stupid.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Matt BeDar
Nice Dubs

Post by Matt BeDar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks! And yes, they are still listed at 30 cp

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Hmph. Ah, well. Human err, as always.

And no problem.
-=[ Visage ]=-

Matt BeDar
Nice Dubs

Post by Matt BeDar » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Huh, I see that the space station has yet to be updated. I would suggest making it a nice round 20fp with 50cp. Keep it immobile, and you have a massive power house, that can't move, making placement at the beginning of the game that much more important.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:35 am

Indeed. And sorry, I've been quite busy with various other things.

Thank you for the suggestion.
-=[ Visage ]=-

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Well, nice to see that there you've added in a few improvements since I've last checked, but I'm still not happy with a lot of stuff.

First of all, interceptors should be 1 fp, they were built to be on par with fighters, just with different strengths and weaknesses. Also, you still need to implement my fighter stats. (6" speed and 1d6 armor for fighter, 8" speed and 1d6-1 armor for interceptor, and 4" speed and 1d6+1 armor for bomber).

You also haven't updated the defense batteries to my 4d6 must get lower than agility roll system. Not to mention my ramming system (but that is for a later post)...

The biggest problem I see though is that you still haven't fixed the weapon classes. By adding range you had a chance to even things out (as a little less accuracy is worth it for the extra range) but things are still pretty broken. What I mean by that is that a large laser is four times the price of a small laser and half as accurate but only does three times the damage and only has twice the range. You either need to increase the damage or the range of large weapons to even things out a bit.

But it looks like you've got a lot on your plate right now (as do I) so I'm not too surprised you haven't fully revised it yet. Oh well, I hope for some future in which we both have enough free time to work on this like in the good ol' days.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Olothontor » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Indeed.

Alright. I do need to go back through this thread and update everything.

I might make a quick questionnaire for anyone who's interested to fill out, just so I can consolidate.

It won't be terribly long, but it'll go over some of the key points of debate in the rules.
-=[ Visage ]=-