Generals

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Is this...

Cheap?
No votes
Stupid?
13%
Cool?
9%
Potatoes
78%

Total votes: 23

Ogel96
Dimmy

Generals

Post by Ogel96 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:33 pm

first of all, id like to say that if this thread has been done before, i don't care. i looked and couldnt find it so...

i sometimes use a general, whos pretty much a hero on steroids. I only have one in any of my armies at a time. I let them cross cliche or havejust one with bonuses to feats, and i put their skill and armor to 3d6. i only bring a general to a massive battle, or else i put him as just a hero.
I just don't feel that Hero is awesome enough for a grand battle where my sigfig leads almost all my figs into battle...
first, do any of you ever do this and second is this cheap? (Btw, my friends and i throw cp to the wind...)
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.

Jaeman
Champion
Champion

Post by Jaeman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Isn't this covered by champion in the more advanced (2001) rules?

If you want a more powerful fig, go for it. you could also try giving your hero some sort of specialized armor or something, and then give your other figs the stats of officers. the idea is to crate something fun, but not too unbalancing. in this case, I suggest making sure that if you do use a champion, you make sure the other player gets one too.

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:54 pm

actually if you give your hero early style 2005 armor this will raise his armor to 3d6. so rather i would see increased redshirt range and he can even cause vehicles to red shirt for him or something of that nature
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:33 am

Never really read the 2001 rules. Too long for me.

Jaeman
Champion
Champion

Post by Jaeman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 am

Ogel96 wrote:Too long for me.
So don't read the whole thing. The important parts are the mini-figs and the weapons sections, the vehicle rules of 2005 are superior in most regards, but the 2001 weapons section is a must read, the more ways to kill a mini-fig the better!

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:39 am

i normally just top up my sig-figs stats.
if you want one leader just stick them in a mech, a really big one with guns on its feet and that sorta stuff.
to me mechs weapon limit is "untill it can't stand up" which is cureable with larger feet or more legs.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:05 pm

General is a bad title, generals appear to be total wimps who hang at the back rather than actually fighting.

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Fine, then commander maybe?

Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Post by Greenkey15 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Use a Morcian Armor ability, up his skill, and give him a specialized feat like from the Rainbow Knights cards. I do this with all my heroes, because they are too awesome to die. They can kill more stuff if they stay alive! They can work well with other heroes, too, as a part of Morcian Armor is that the hero has no negative penalties when using in conjunction with other heroes.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:51 am

Greenkey15 wrote:They can work well with other heroes, too, as a part of Morcian Armor is that the hero has no negative penalties when using in conjunction with other heroes.
Something I should have learned after the starship civilizations in 1995, is that if you give a unit an ability that's balanced out by the story or by some other disability, players will always take it out of context in order to unbalance everything. I need to delete those Mocians before they cause any more trouble for me.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:25 am

Generals or other high-ranked military personnel should grant bonuses to units nearby or something.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:47 pm

the General 20cp

skill 1d12
movement 5"
armor 2d6

heroic feat: once per turn as appropriate for a general figure

special abilties
red shirting:
Any time a General takes damage from an external source he may try to inspire a nearby unit within 1d6" to RedShirt. This does not take an Action; the General can inspire any number of RedShirts in a single turn, but only one for each specific incoming source of Damage. If successful, the RedShirting unit will leap in to take the damage instead, knocking the Hero out of harm's way if necessary The inspired RedShirt must be on the Hero's team, it must be capable of leaping. Additionaly if the general's army killed more men per turn than the enemy, vehicles can also redshirt for the general up to 2d6" away.

Inspiring the troops:
once per turn a general can inspire the troops, he may +1 to thier skill rolls for this turn. however this can only be used if his team killed more enemy troops than he lost last turn or if he got shot at last turn explosive area affects count.

crankiness:
a general is only suseptable to crankiness from another general and not another hero. any hero will not gain crankiness from a general, a hero of Lawful intentions can be redshirted for the general. note hero's are still suseptable to crankyness from eachother

additionally the general can choose an expertise: Ground, Air, Vtol, Space, magic, medieval, naval. if he is using a machine outside of his chosen expertise he suffers a -4 to his skill rolls.
DARN

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:24 am

Aproved. Gotta use those rules for my battles.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:02 pm

It's like a lot of my ideas, unneeded, no offense.

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:40 pm

it like anything in brikwars if you want to use it do so if not, meh
DARN