PennLUG institiute of improbability.

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

eviljack
Hero

PennLUG institiute of improbability.

Post by eviljack » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:21 pm

So I have a moc, its basically a pyramid with no visable entrance. The name was one of those things that just came to me at random, and everyone in my LUG liked it so it stuck.

So I been thinking about a way to throw it into a brikwar as a house rule, providing all players agree. It doesn't currently have a door, but will be getting one soon. It will be a simple door frame and door, hovering above the top of the pyramid. So the first issue will be how do you get to the door all the way up there. Then if you actually figure out how to get to the door once you open the door you have to make a 2d10 roll. You must roll a 42. If you don't you walk through the other side, and hope you don't fall to your death. If you roll a 21, half of you makes it inside. Your instantly dead. If you roll a 42 and make it inside you are allowed to fire its weapon just once on your next turn. The weapon can be fired in one of four directions. Whichever direction you fire it, everything in its blast area is automatically disentigrated. After that you are teleported outside. All players roll a d6. Highest roller chooses where you teleport to.

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:26 pm

weird, but interesting. you could have an interesting battle about different forces trying to take it over and wipe out eachothers bases.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 pm

I like it, very Brikwars-y. Rolling a 13 should do something, as well.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

eviljack
Hero

Post by eviljack » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Elmagnifico wrote:I like it, very Brikwars-y. Rolling a 13 should do something, as well.
I thought I had an idea for rolling 13 until I typed it out and it didn't sound as good as it did in my head. I will have to come up with something. If you got ideas, let me know.

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:29 pm

roll 13= ZOMBIES, MONSTERS OR JASON. all are acceptable
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.

eviljack
Hero

Post by eviljack » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:06 pm

Ogel96 wrote:roll 13= ZOMBIES, MONSTERS OR JASON. all are acceptable
Ok how about this. If you roll a 13 you become a zombie. You have no control over your minifig. Each time your minifig gets a turn one of the other players gets to move them where ever they want at random. If they come in contact with anyone they attack them automatically. Stays like this for the rest of the game or till someone mercy kills the zombie.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:04 pm

You realize that you only have a 1% chance of opening the door, correct? you'll never get it open before all players are dead.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:16 am

Unless there were lots of players in this LUG.

eviljack
Hero

Post by eviljack » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:16 pm

IVhorseman wrote:You realize that you only have a 1% chance of opening the door, correct? you'll never get it open before all players are dead.
Thats part of why its improbable this thing will get used, and why it is allowed to have a devastating attack.

Jaeman
Champion
Champion

Post by Jaeman » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:24 pm

IVhorseman wrote:You realize that you only have a 1% chance of opening the door, correct? you'll never get it open before all players are dead.
Never Tell me the odds. If you place a medic on the side of the drop then you can just keep trying until the medic fails on the last of your guys. Given that medics succeed about 1/2 of the time, then that means that with a little less than 50 mini-figs per side, the benefits surely outweigh the risks! And if you don't go for it yourself, then it's you who'll get laughed at when the other team gets it on the first try.

So what happens if you get a string of critical success rolls and end up with 84?