Page 1 of 3

Gamma Corps stat cards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:10 am
by Elmagnifico
I've decided to jump onto the stat-card bandwagon, and just finished one of Codename: Saber, see below.


Image

Image

Image

More to come later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 am
by OneEye589
+3 armor for EACH INCH?! What the hell is wrong with you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 am
by Elmagnifico
Well, for one thing, it means he has to be melee'd to die, basically.  However, I didn't want to just say he was immune to ranged weapons, so I made his armor increase the further the bullet has to travel*.  This simulates real modern combat armor in that it can take a bullet from a good distance, but if you put said gun right up against the plate, you'll have bits of target flying everywhere.  And it's +3 to the two dice rolls, not +3 dice.  

*I'm also willing to define explosives as "the attacking unit".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:44 pm
by birdman
Uh, reactive armor generally only works once...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:27 pm
by Elmagnifico
And that is why this is TEC reactive armor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:58 pm
by birdman
Your argument is flawed. Reactive armor works by exploding when it gets hit. Is this guy carrying around enough explosives to last a whole battle, he should be going up like a firecracker every time he gets hit...which will be once. Furthermore, the ingame ability of this reactive armor is so OP that its CP cost should be increase twentyfold, at least.
Simply putting three letters in front of a word does not make it magic and able to do anything. I know that this is brikwars, but I play 2001.
0/10, do better next time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:59 pm
by manbird
birdman wrote:DERP


Take a chill pill.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:04 pm
by OneEye589
Elmagnifico wrote:...I didn't want to just say he was immune to ranged weapons... And it's +3 to the two dice rolls, not +3 dice.


He pretty much IS immune to ranged weapons. By your thingy there, a figure 1 inch away has to beat a 2d6+3 which is pretty much a 3d6. A figure even 69 inches away with a short range weapon has to beat a 2d6+18, or 5d6. That's just ridiculous.

Firstly, I would put down the armor so it was +1 to armor for every 2 inches for the cost of 4 or 5CP. Also I would make it like regular armor, with a -1 to move.

Secondly, this dude doesn't even need this type of armor; he's already got 2d6, which technically by the rules Heroes shouldn't have anyway as 1d10 base armor is the max a 1" creation can have.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 pm
by Moronstudios
OneEye589 wrote:Secondly, this dude doesn't even need this type of armor; he's already got 2d6, which technically by the rules Heroes shouldn't have anyway as 1d10 base armor is the max a 1" creation can have.

Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 pm
by Natalya
I guess I'm just thankful I won't ever fight you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:57 pm
by OneEye589
"Screw money, I have rules! Wait a minute, that didn't come out right..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:12 pm
by IVhorseman
OneEye589 wrote:Secondly, this dude doesn't even need this type of armor; he's already got 2d6, which technically by the rules Heroes shouldn't have anyway as 1d10 base armor is the max a 1" creation can have.


Image

Heroes always have 2d6 armor. This is because they're ~*special*~



If you want a dude who's more or less invincible to ranged attacks, I would either a) do like the ninja card and give him a bonus to defending from ranged attacks, or b) make him straight up invincible to ranged attacks. Having played tons of games where you get +3 for this and -2 for that, I generally find that it's way easier and more fun to only ever use three numbers when modifying abilities: 1, 1d6, or Infinity.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 pm
by Strana
I'd just shoot him with missiles as then the actual damage is from where the missile explodes not the distance traveled.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:26 pm
by OneEye589
IVhorseman wrote:Heroes always have 2d6 armor. This is because they're ~*special*~


OneEye589 wrote:Secondly, this dude doesn't even need this type of armor; he's already got 2d6, which technically by the rules Heroes shouldn't have anyway as 1d10 base armor is the max a 1" creation can have.


Rayhawk explained this a while back. Heroes shouldn't have it as per the rules, but they just do anyway because he said so. I was only saying that the guy already had better-than-awesome armor and there was no reason for him to have even more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:49 am
by Elmagnifico
birdman wrote:Your argument is flawed. Reactive armor works by exploding when it gets hit. Is this guy carrying around enough explosives to last a whole battle, he should be going up like a firecracker every time he gets hit...which will be once. Furthermore, the ingame ability of this reactive armor is so OP that its CP cost should be increase twentyfold, at least.
Simply putting three letters in front of a word does not make it magic and able to do anything. I know that this is brikwars, but I play 2001.
0/10, do better next time.


TEC just means developed by the Gamma Corps R&D department.  I'll grant the ability does seem underpriced, but I'm going to keep it.  

TEC reactive armor works more like the Israeli Iron Fist module, defending against smaller projectiles by firing a disruptive particle stream at incoming bullets, lasers, plasma, etc.   Unfortunately, large solid objects such as boulders, missiles and grenades get through because the particle stream is too weak to break them.

*edit* I've made some changes in an attempt to balance the card, but who knows if this will placate the insatiable Fun Police?