Statting the Sycthians

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:35 am

I have been thinking up a fair chunk of Scythian Empire backstory and race motivations - as these guys have been a space fairing empire for about 5 centuries - and have over 400 worlds already under their possession, so their not exactly the warmongers of the galaxy, it'll be more of a case of -

"Hey guys, shit's going down, better make sure it ain't on our doorstep!"

Although - I have started to put a running story together, which will include a few battles once I've managed to get hold of the parts myself and a few ideas of where to take the empire after that.

At the moment, the only thing of any real concern to me is getting a working force for forum battles so I can join in the insanity until I can field decent battles myself.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Riiight . . . after spending as many as four minutes looking at the rulebooks, I now have my first hero - I'm fairly sure my maths is correct, if not - I'd just like to know If i need to scale my maths on the total CP cost up or down a little.

-----

Scythian Hero

“Harkins” The Special Forces Commander

43 CP

1d10+1 Skill

8” Inch Move (-1 from armour)

3d6+1 Armour

Heroic Feat – Pinpoint Accuracy.

At the cost of Harkin’s Movement for that turn – add +4 inches to any ranged weapon that Harkin’s is using to attack with during the Action phase.

Heroic Feat – Covering Fire.

At the cost of Movement for that turn – Harkin’s liberally sprays an area of 30 degrees in front of himself up to the weapons maximum range, which hits EVERY minifig in that arc.

Equipment

Scythian Standard Armour
+1d6 Armour, -1 to move

Scythian Laser Carbine

CP - 9
Use Rating - 2
Range - 16'
Damage - 1d6+1

Scythian Laser Pistol

CP – 7
Use Rating - 2
Range - 9'
Damage - 1d6
Spoiler
Show

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 am

I've been cooking up some rules for my SIBAS infantry systems - and I just wanna quickly pass this over the forum just to see if I'm along the right lines.

Rather than creating a whole new set of stats for a unit, I want the SIBAS to be considered an item that will add extras on top of whatever minifig is "assumed" to be wearing it (as there is no room for an actual minifig inside) and what I have is thus -

+2 Skill (at 2 CP)
+3" Move (at 3 CP)
4+1d8 Armour (at 4 CP)

Networked Targeting
+1 UR to all ranged weapon attacks through the use of advanced targeting optics built into the SIBAS system. Networked Targeting systems also allow all SIBAS systems within a 10" range to share their data - which will allow a fellow SIBAS user to do acts such as firing blind around a corner to over a wall at a target they cannot see, but their fellows can.

I'm thinking a rough CP amount for this would be 5 CP? Perhaps? I'm not sure on this yet.

Advanced Actuators
Each fist counts as a 1d6+1 Melee weapon in combat, allowing a SIBAS user to tear apart enemy infantry and vehicles with frightening ease. If each fist is empty - the SIBAS counts as being ambidextrous - allowing the user to pummel the living snot out of the enemy with each fist.

I'm thinking of a CP cost of 10 or 12 for this, again - I unno.

So basically - a CP cost of either 24 or 26 on top of standard unit prices . . . I'm still not sure about this - so C&C would be much appreciated. :twisted:
Spoiler
Show

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue May 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Ho-ho-ho! And the arms race continues, love the Hero concept, looks good.

gamey353
Hero

Post by gamey353 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 pm

You should somehow get the hero's stats to where his lowest possible armor rating isn't 2.Not really effective if you have unlucky rolls.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 pm

gamey353 wrote:You should somehow get the hero's stats to where his lowest possible armor rating isn't 2.Not really effective if you have unlucky rolls.
Heroes' lowest possible armor should always be 1 or less, they need to be vulnerable in theory to any weapon. A Hero's defenses are his RedShirts first and his Feats second, with Armor as a last resort.