Wizard

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Is this a good idea?

Yes!
67%
No!
33%

Total votes: 15

Mr Grim
God of BrikWars

Wizard

Post by Mr Grim » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:18 pm

Ok I’m new and I’ve recently made this:

Elements:
Fire:
Fire bolt:
Range- Long range weapon + 3 "
To use roll a skill rating of 7 or more. If it fails then it -1 armour from the target.

Fire Ring: Trap the opponents in a ring of fire, what can only be destroyed by water. Same range as Bolt but you must roll a 10 or more for skill.

Water

Water bolt:
To use roll a skill rating of 7 or more. If it fails then it Knocks the target over from.

Water Wave: Knocks Target over and they cannot get up untill three turns later. Same range as Bolt but you must roll a 10 or more for skill.

Eath

Eath bolt:
To use roll a skill rating of 7 or more. If it fails then it shoves the target back, 3 "

Fire Ring: Wrapps opponents in vines whay can only be destroyed by high attacks (vines armour is the wizards armour). Same range as Bolt but you must roll a 10 or more for skill.

Ice

Ice bolt:
To use roll a skill rating of 7 or more. If it fails then it freezes target for 1 turn.

Freeze: Freezes opponents in a solid block of ice, what can only be Melted by Fire. Same range as Bolt but you must roll a 10 or more for skill.

There ya go. if you fail you still make effect! I would have artword insted of a minifig but i can't draw very well.
Huh?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:38 pm

i'd drop the skill. a lot. skill is primarily used to calculate weapon proficiency, etc. your stereotypical wizard is supposed to be awesome with magic, but teh suck with martial weapons. therefore, i'd drop skill to 1d6 at the most, if not lower.

teleportation with a UR of 8 is still good here though. after a crit success, he still has a good chance of rolling a total of 8 with bonus dice.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:17 pm

its not bad but like with my stat cards it could use a redo on some things.http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 56&start=0
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:28 pm

I'm glad you included polymorph. Maybe, for extra humiliation, you could turn enemies into Gungans.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:26 pm

lower its skill and the spell Usage ratings,
you probably don't want this guy to turn into a weapons expert with the first weapon he reaches.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 am

create spell cards and give him points to spend

so ;ets say that he gets 30 spell points and he can "spend" it on lightning for say 5 points for range of 6" for 2d6 damage or something like that

(numbers used as example not suggestion)

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:19 pm

per turn or in total, would it recharge at certain places/objects?
so much things you can do with this.

but it also allows for some more divers spells, I think
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 pm

oh god, you do NOT want to keep track of spell points.

spells and whatnot treated as heroic feats is so far the quickest, dirtiest, easiest way to do it. i like it. there's another thread here that actually came up with a mana type thing that actually didn't look too complicated. i forget where this is though.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:18 pm

with spell points / recharge per turn to full, and can't bank would not be to bad then you could say have a spell book,... makes for a simpler card with more uses like a seige wizard, portal, dig, vs a necro, raise dead bug swarm,....

thats what i did,... maybey ill dig the card up

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:09 pm

hhhhmmmm needs more colours other than that its pretty good