My minigun >:D

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:09 pm

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhh.................i can her them they are here.........
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:13 pm

You know they're here by sound? You mean the arty shells going off didn't give them away? Well, don't worry. Soon enough you'll here the sound of miniguns warming up, followed by the sounds of your comrades screaming before the gunners find you and turn you into soup.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:18 pm

DarkWolf wrote:You know they're here by sound? You mean the arty shells going off didn't give them away? Well, don't worry. Soon enough you'll here the sound of miniguns warming up, followed by the sounds of your comrades screaming before the gunners find you and turn you into soup.
My, that's quite the macabre imagination you've got there. :P
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:24 pm

I actually have a constructive variation to make... Don't use a "blaster" for the second handle. Use the same one as the top one. I tried infinite variations of handles to get my British Redcoat to be able to hold this massive piece of tech... None worked. For one, the megaphone (blaster) was too far away from his hand. I moved it half a stud closer, by using a 2x1 flat piece with one stud (me and dan call them converters). It was a bad angle, and hard to twist around to hold, etc. Then, I screwed the blaster all together, and stuck on some odd 2x1 peice that had a kind of rhino horn type thing attached to it... Would have been perfect, only it was a bad angle. Then, I stuck another one of the hinge things (the first handle). Now my British Redcoat has discovered the wonders of todays technology and is able to mulch enemy soldiers while his companions glare at him with jealousy as they re-load their muskets. Also, it's massive, so whoever is using it gets a special stand.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:00 pm

@King of Brix

Good idea for the handle! Strangely enough, I never though of that :?
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:49 pm

Luckily for you, I did. So, you can modify yours, while I move into mass production. I already have two done. Funnily enough, the supplies I thought I had an abundance of (1x1 stud barrels), I am running short on, and I keep finding the 2x2 circle barrel piece that I thought I didn't have many of :shock: Odd.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:33 pm

Also, something that I find makes it look cooler: Add another 4 1x1 barrel studs onto the original 4. Maybe thats why mine are gone all the time :!:

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:35 pm

King of Brix wrote:Also, something that I find makes it look cooler: Add another 4 1x1 barrel studs onto the original 4. Maybe thats why mine are gone all the time :!:
I used to do the same thing, except I would put one of the 2x2 circular plates inbetween the cylinders so it looks like four barrels with steel wrappred around them to keep them in place.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:36 pm

Great idea. I'll try that momentarily.

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:07 pm

And all I have going around in my head is "I am Heavy Weapons Guy. ...And THIS, is my weapon."
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:18 pm

I just tried the reinforced barrel idea... It doesn't look half bad :D Thanks for suggesting it :D I also figured out the minimal platform the unit needs to stay balanced: If your minifig is wielding a minigun, and is stationed 3/4 down a 2x4 flat piece, it should nicely stand.

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:53 pm

Thanks for sharing the intsructions! I'll probably end up making one.
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:11 pm

I am now in possession of 4 miniguns... 2 black, a grey and a fluorescent green and orange (some kind of aliens). I can't wait to use them to mulch up Dan's guys.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:53 am

This is madness! *pointing at the flying monkeys*

...madness... THIS... IS... BRIKWARS!!! *kick into random pit with lasers and polka-dotted mushrooms*
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:21 pm

You know what I'd do with a minigun like this, is have it dish out a ton of damage, but give it the following drawback: the minifig has to stand still for a full turn while it spins up, and on the next turn it must fire, even if the target has moved out of range or if other friendly minifigs are in the way. The minifig can keep firing for as long as he wants, but can't move again until the gun has spent a full turn spinning back down.

(This was actually part of my plan for Super Heavy Guns, but I decided it was too complicated to put into the Core Rules. I may re-introduce it later as a stat card for Heavy Weapons Minifig.)

So you get a guy who's a machine of total destruction, but he's got molasses response time and he's a sitting duck whenever he's unleashing the hurt.