Radar and Radios

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Re: Radar and Radios

Post by Keldoclock » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't know, one month isn't really necro, more on the very edge of a necropost.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Can RM be punished for giving too many fucks about necroposting yet?

Legofighter
Officer

Post by Legofighter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:
Legofighter wrote:
Robot Monkey wrote:Despite the blatant necroposting that just happened, I actually have tested these rules and they work very well.
This is the (i don't know what) time you accuse me of necroposting! :solvess:
and I just confirmed a myth: :myth: I do fuckin hate the man in the necroo hat!
fuck fuck fuckity fuck, you fucking fuck! I curse your words (and your troops)!!
Unmighty penny awarded to Robot Monket for
his fucking fuckety fuckin necroo-posting fukin
accusation (actually i'm honoured)
Fix'd.

Re-Fix'd
Run With Legos wrote: Man... you are kinda an asshat
Actually deleted text for some reasons not available to every idiot that comes on this tread(I mean those that don't play b-wars and got here by mistake) I don't believe noob's!
Last edited by Legofighter on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
From the frigid cold of Canada, -40 year long.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:56 pm

man... you are kinda an asshat.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Hey what about this as an idea for disruptor devices/radar jammers/really loud yelling: whatever device a creation is using to mess with enemy communications makes it more difficult for the attackers to combine their attacks against it. Each time the device is activated, the creation may be attacked by no more than 1d6 units in a single attack. They may still try to make separate attacks, but their hearing/radios are malfunctioning so that they can't coordinate big attacks. In this case, it would be wise to roll low as opposed to high, and getting bonus dice basically means that the jammer did next to nothing.

Radar jamming can be represented through scrambling devices, big-ass antennae, loud drumming/screaming/speakers, or whatever else you can think of.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 pm

So something like...

ECM Jammer-

X CP

Size 1

Armor 1d6

Half Mind- activates when ordered and deactivates when ordered by the pilot of the Mech it is mounted on.

Elektronik Countermeasures- When activated, this jammer interferes with the communications of all enemy units within 10" of the jammer, preventing them from Combining Fire with more than 1d6 units (rolled once at the end of your turn). It also interferes with all Elektronik weapons and devices, with any and all appropriate effects as determined by common sense and WISG rolls (for example, turning guided missiles into ordinary missiles).
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Seems like a good idea, maybe it'd go for less CP than a radio interceptor, since they just stop the communication.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:47 pm

I imagine a strict ECM jammer would just add 1d6 as a skill penalty against guided missiles and any other attacks requiring a lock-on.

Being a device, an interference module would require an action to activate. It's not a half-mind, it's just a button.

I think worrying about communications and whether or not units can "talk to each other" is pretty un-brikwars. Minifigs instinctively know when blood is being spilled, and where it's about to flow. Minifigs magically know whats going on in the battlefield at all times because the player knows what's happening at all times. This is why I chose for it to interrupt combined attacks - radio communications or shouting or whatever would be the standard way that minifigs would coordinate a combined attack. The idea came from the game The Creature that Ate Sheboygan, although in that game, being radioactive meant that NO combined attacks could be made at all against the target (unless they were in the same square but Brikwars don't work that way).

If there were some cool way to mess with combined attacks and radio communications, I'd go more along that route than the efficient transfer of orders. I'm not going to tell you how to play the game and what is and isn't fun, so feel free to work the game that way if you like it.