50 cal sniper?

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

50 cal sniper?

Post by __Nero__ » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:50 pm

I recently played a game were one of my figs had the 50 cal sniper rifle from CoD4 and he long range weapon rules didn't seem to do it justice. I was wondering if anyone could help me with special stats for this weapon.
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Re: 50 cal sniper?

Post by Dr. X » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:58 pm

__Nero__ wrote:I recently played a game were one of my figs had the 50 cal sniper rifle from CoD4 and he long range weapon rules didn't seem to do it justice. I was wondering if anyone could help me with special stats for this weapon.
50 cal, hmm?

Ok,

UR = 5 (6) {4}
DMG = 2d6 (2d6+1) {1d6+3}

These are the normal stats for the sniper rifle that my snipers use. In parentheses is a 'hero' version, and in square-things is stats for a trooper-friendly version for normal troops. I don't normally use the normal rulebook sniper rifle rules, though.

So if you've got the sniper stat card, use the first stats. If a hero is using it, use the parentheses ones with the high URs. If it's just a normal trooper, use the last ones.

And what are the 'long range weapon' stats? Do you mean the machine gun or gyro rifle?
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Post by __Nero__ » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:02 pm

the rules I have have 2 kinds of guns. short and long range. I think I have the basic rules though. O and could you give me a link to that sniper stat card?
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:04 pm

__Nero__ wrote:the rules I have have 2 kinds of guns. short and long range. I think I have the basic rules though. O and could you give me a link to that sniper stat card?
Wait a minute! I thought you were ace121, you chose the same avatar as him! Get away from that avatar punk! Get your own! Oy!

And sorry but there is no link to it... it was posted on these forums a while ago. Try using the 'Search' feature and search for sniper stat card.

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:09 pm

sorry... I joined a long time ago and never knew of ace121 I'll change my avatar soon. I found the stat card though so thanks!

EDIT: I was wondering if would be acceptable to increase the range because the real gun can shoot 1 and a half miles.
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:07 am

__Nero__ wrote:sorry... I joined a long time ago and never knew of ace121 I'll change my avatar soon. I found the stat card though so thanks!

EDIT: I was wondering if would be acceptable to increase the range because the real gun can shoot 1 and a half miles.
Ah yes, RANGE. I say, 20-30 inches is acceptable, for a bigger battlefield. A smaller battlefield might need something like 15-20" though.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:15 am

the real gun may be able to shoot 1.5 miles, but it's hard as HELL for anyone to effectively use it from those distances. yes, i've done my research.

the sniper stat card, if you'll notice, actually says that the sniper can snipe anyone he has a line of sight to. if you can argue that he can see them, they're fair game. the 15" is if someone tries to use it as a regular gun, instead of sniping with it.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:30 am

IVhorseman wrote:the real gun may be able to shoot 1.5 miles, but it's hard as HELL for anyone to effectively use it from those distances. yes, i've done my research.

the sniper stat card, if you'll notice, actually says that the sniper can snipe anyone he has a line of sight to. if you can argue that he can see them, they're fair game. the 15" is if someone tries to use it as a regular gun, instead of sniping with it.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

And it is extremely hard to get a kill at anywhere close to a mile. However in Vietnam, Carlos Hancock made a confirmed kill at 2460 yards (that's about 1.4 miles). That was the record for another 35 years, until someone else broke it (I forget).

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:59 pm

thanks for your help guys.
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:59 pm

yeah, now some guy has it at some ridiculous range like 2.something miles.

Erasmas
Hero

Post by Erasmas » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:39 pm

I think that the .50 Cal sniper rifle is typically used for taking out light-armored vehicles and such. Don't get me wrong, they can definitely take out a person... but it would certainly be overkill.
It puts a hole about the size of a small plate in people, that would hardly be subtle.
:lol:
I am the Pantless Wonder!

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 pm

it shoots anywhere in the room that the sniper can see.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:26 am

IVhorseman wrote:yeah, now some guy has it at some ridiculous range like 2.something miles.
yeah but now they have all kinds of gizmos that tell them how far up or to the sides they should aim, based on wind speed and direction etc.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:18 am

I was wondering with the sniper stats card how do you do overkill if its a 1D2 kill or no kill?
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:45 am

you don't, simple as that.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes