Public Brikwars faction reference sheet

Also, butts.

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Public Brikwars faction reference sheet

Postby Imic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 am

This is a thread I started originally to ask which factions could be used by anyone, but after Natalya and Colette both posted a bunch of info on their factions, I decided to start taking notes. Refer to this to quickly see how to properly use other people's factions, although always remember to ask before doing anything major.

And always remember:  :studgod:

Original OP:
Spoiler: show
I'm speaking, of course, about the factions that people can use without asking, and aren't tied to a specific user, such as the immortal empire. There's no way of finding it out on the wiki other than individually going and reading the small print on every faction page, so I'm asking, which ones are they?

Natalya wrote:I've got 3 factions you can incorporate into stories or battles.

ASE:
- Absolutely hate Peaches will not ally with any peach forces except USA
- Anti-Immortals
- ASE forces will usually not attack Trattorian or Scythian forces
- Enemies of the Akkadians and through happenstance they have fought the Vol a couple times
- Probably don't actually hate the Vol, could ally with them

CSR:
- Also anti-peach, but not quite as extreme
- Anti-Immortals
- These guys could fight against Trattorians in the right situation
- Probably wouldn't fight against the Scythians or the ASE, but maybe they would?
- Enemies of the Akkadians

Canadia Star Legion:
- Probably Anti-Immortal in general
- Not as anti-peach as the other two but like they aren't going to go and sign a treaty with 45th Union or something
- Would definitely ally with Brittanians, USA, ASE, or Iceworlders
- Might fight against Trattorians or might ally with them
- Enemies of USSSR, would most likely fight Akkadians

As long as you keep things within these like guidelines anyone can use these three factions in their battles.  Always PM me or msg me on the Discord if you're using one of them because I'll want to see the pics! :)

Colette wrote:I'll chip in my own factions:

Trattoria
- Meritocratic society divided into 2 classes: Citizens with Ph.D.'s, and drafted soldiers who didn't make the cut.
- Very advanced teknology, science very important, scientists have a lot of power in government and even normal politics and politicians are dictated by science and math
- Ruthless capitalists, has a huge private sector and a lot of big companies (Appel (computers), Goldman Sucks (banking), Acelera (pharmaceuticals/healthcare), Sun Engineering Corp (robotics))
- Extremely socially conservative: incapable of love or sex, strict on foreigners, bans a lot of stuff like chewing gum.
- Alignments: Anti-Immortal, neutral on M-Throne, anti Third Alliance, neutral on peaches, hostile to all religions (state atheism)
-- On good (if grating) terms with most major so-called "first-world" superpowers (USA, Assyria, Praetoria, Scythia)
-- Frosty relationships with Britannia and Space Poland, relationship with Galacia unclear
-- Hostile to any major factions using magik (Bavaria, Imperial Magikstrate), any "chaotic" factions (Immortals, VoL, 45th Union), the Third Alliance (especially Venice and the Space Mafia), and any communist factions (USSSR).

Space Nazis
- Escaped to Magikallenic Kloud after defeat in the Second Space War
- Really hates anything other than yellow minifigs (peaches, aliens, pumpkins & sweet potatoes, Jack Stone giants, Fiends, Negabloks, Duplo, you get the idea)
- Mortal enemies with the Time-Traveling Super Jews
- Technically in the Third Alliance, but even other TA members don't like them really
- Technically allies with the USSSR, but they're really just waiting to backstab each other
- Everyone hates the Space Nazis tbh
Last edited by Imic on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legendary +5 lurker
Hamahaki wrote:
StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:Careful Hamahki. He has the bread....

never mess with a man with the bread

Kaplan wrote:The Emperor loves you.
TROLOLO
Imic
Champion
Champion

Re: Which Brikwars factions are open to be used by anyone?

Postby sahasrahla » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am

a lot of them were created by a specific person and then duplicated by others. people usually don't have any problems with that, as long as you're respectful of extant lore
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby BriksKrieg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 am

We're supposed to ask before using something? :|  :omnom:  :omnom:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand
BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Postby Colette » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 am

Anyone can make a cameo faction/use anyone's faction, for most things you don't even have to ask. Just be respectful of that faction's major kanon, stories, political alignments, and characteristics (which can usually be found on the wiki). Examples include Assyrians hating peaches, Britannia being Pro-Immortal, Bavaria using magik, etc.

If you plan on doing anything major, it is usually a good idea to ask first and get permission. As an example, for my current Immortal invasion of the USA, I asked the USA owner (Silent-Sigfig) for permission first. My usual litmus test of what's major or not is "would it show up on that faction's evening news?". Something like invading their home world or assassinating their leader would, something like a random skirmish over a mining outpost or a tavern brawl probably not.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby dilanski » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:59 am

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:We're supposed to ask before using something? :|  :omnom:  :omnom:

Everyone is the boss of their own toys. But it is a complicated subject.

Imic wrote:I'm speaking, of course, about the factions that people can use without asking, and aren't tied to a specific user, such as the immortal empire. There's no way of finding it out on the wiki other than individually going and reading the small print on every faction page, so I'm asking, which ones are they?

Most people find it really cool to have their characters pop up in other people's battles, others are not so amused (to put it lightly), so yes it is a minefield. The Immortals are a good starting point, they're a faction so large and varied that you can account for just about anything. Britannia might also be one to look into. Things are slightly more complicated in that control of sectors is handed to people, but the criteria is simply making cool Britannian stuff.

Colette wrote:Anyone can make a cameo faction/use anyone's faction, for most things you don't even have to ask.

Bingo. Worst case scenario the faction owner does not like it, and simply retkons it from their storyline. Remember, the Brikverse is an infinite expanse of non-linear, non-logikal parakausality. That just so happens to look like a beige carpet. Anything is possible, and non-possible, simultaneously, events existing in a state of superposition (The second-best kind of position behind cowgirl), and kanon will collapse into a state of either happened or didn't happen, depending upon how cool the event seems at the time.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby Natalya » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:11 pm

I've got 3 factions you can incorporate into stories or battles.

ASE:
- Anti-Immortals
- Enemies of the Akkadians and through happenstance they have fought the Vol a couple times

CSR:
- Anti-Immortals
- Probably wouldn't fight against the Scythians or the ASE, but maybe they would?

Canadia Star Legion:
- Not as anti-peach as the other two but like they aren't going to go and sign a treaty with 45th Union or something

As long as you keep things within these like guidelines anyone can use these three factions in their battles.  Always PM me or msg me on the Discord if you're using one of them because I'll want to see the pics! :)
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."
Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby Imic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Natalya wrote:I've got 3 factions you can incorporate into stories.

ASE:
- Anti-Immortals

CSR:
- Anti-Immortals

Canadia Star Legion:

It shall be done, she - who - must - not - be - nicknamed
Legendary +5 lurker
Hamahaki wrote:

TROLOLO
Imic
Champion
Champion

Postby Colette » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:22 pm

I'll chip in my own factions:

Trattoria
- Meritocratic society divided into 2 classes: Citizens with Ph.D.'s, and drafted soldiers who didn't make the cut.
- Very advanced teknology, science very important, scientists have a lot of power in government and even normal politics and politicians are dictated by science and math
- Ruthless capitalists, has a huge private sector and a lot of big companies (Appel (computers), Goldman Sucks (banking), Acelera (pharmaceuticals/healthcare), Sun Engineering Corp (robotics))
- Extremely socially conservative: incapable of love or sex, strict on foreigners, bans a lot of stuff like chewing gum.
- Alignments: Anti-Immortal, neutral on M-Throne, anti Third Alliance, neutral on peaches, hostile to all religions (state atheism)
-- On good (if grating) terms with most major so-called "first-world" superpowers (USA, Assyria, Praetoria, Scythia)
-- Frosty relationships with Britannia and Space Poland, relationship with Galacia unclear
-- Hostile to any major factions using magik (Bavaria, Imperial Magikstrate), any "chaotic" factions (Immortals, VoL, 45th Union), the Third Alliance (especially Venice and the Space Mafia), and any communist factions (USSSR).

Space Nazis
- Escaped to Magikallenic Kloud after defeat in the Second Space War
- Really hates anything other than yellow minifigs (peaches, aliens, pumpkins & sweet potatoes, Jack Stone giants, Fiends, Negabloks, Duplo, you get the idea)
- Mortal enemies with the Time-Traveling Super Jews
- Technically in the Third Alliance, but even other TA members don't like them really
- Technically allies with the USSSR, but they're really just waiting to backstab each other
- Everyone hates the Space Nazis tbh
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Imic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm

I'll probably just end up turning this into an ass of faction references, although it might need moving.
Legendary +5 lurker
Hamahaki wrote:

TROLOLO
Imic
Champion
Champion

Re: Public Brikwars faction reference sheet

Postby motorhead fan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:00 pm

I used to get angry when people used my stuff, that's the problem with growing up, you have to live with having been such an idiot.
motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Postby BriksKrieg » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:09 pm

motorhead fan wrote:I used to get angry when people used my stuff, that's the problem with growing up, you have to live with having been such an idiot.
Well, if we refer to the chart in your signature, it says to drink a case or so of beer, give or take more, and you'll be happy in no time.

On another note, people can use my stuff, as long as they don't pass  it off as their own. Otherwise, I don't care too much. I can't remeber how to build half my vehiclas, so hopefully  no one wanted schematics or anything.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand
BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Postby Hamahaki » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm

on the wiki there are those community content factions
Banned from both brikwars discords 3 times
Hamahaki
Officer

Postby Imic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Hamahaki wrote:on the wiki there are those community content factions

WELL I DIDN'T BLOODY WELL KNOW THAT EXISTED NOW DID I?
Legendary +5 lurker
Hamahaki wrote:

TROLOLO
Imic
Champion
Champion

Postby Hamahaki » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Imic wrote:
Hamahaki wrote:on the wiki there are those community content factions

WELL I DIDN'T BLOODY WELL KNOW THAT EXISTED NOW DID I?

Apparently not
Banned from both brikwars discords 3 times
Hamahaki
Officer

Postby BriksKrieg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Careful Hamahki. He has the bread....

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Next

Return to General Discussion