Light Box

Also, butts.

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Light Box

Postby RedRover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:36 am

First off, I have an awesome wife. We just had a baby this past month and in the craziness of learning to become parents, she's been encouraging me to pursue my Lego photography skills. We don't have room for my whole collection at our place with the baby, but I do have the bun with all my figures. She surprised me today with a light box and clearing a small workspace for me. So hopefully this means I won't go totally inactive and if anything I can start learning to crank out higher quality photos! So I guess this post was to say: I got a light box, my wife rocks, and I should still be able to contribute some content more frequently than I thought!
User avatar
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm
Location: CA

Re: Light Box

Postby Colette » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 am

Congrats! Reminds me of IVHorseman's story from a while back.

Can't wait to see what you churn out - more RedRover content is always great.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
User avatar
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Light Box

Postby stubby » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:36 pm

RedRover wrote:ImageCyberpunk Figbarf (No. 1) by Red Rover, on Flickr

If that's the setup you used for this photo, then I'd say it's working really well. Do you have a photo of your lightbox setup?
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 5005
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Light Box

Postby Tzan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Colette wrote:Congrats! Reminds me of IVHorseman's story from a while back.


RedRover got his legs broken?
User avatar
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
 
Posts: 4367
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Light Box

Postby RedRover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:36 am

stubby wrote:If that's the setup you used for this photo, then I'd say it's working really well. Do you have a photo of your lightbox setup?


I'll post a photo one of these days but I essentially use 2 leds if I have some natural light and 3 if I don't!
User avatar
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm
Location: CA

Re: Light Box

Postby Zupponn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:05 pm

stubby wrote:
RedRover wrote:ImageCyberpunk Figbarf (No. 1) by Red Rover, on Flickr


Can you give these guys guitars or something?  They look like they belong in a metal band.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product
 
Posts: 5272
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Formerly Wisconsin, Now Minnesota

Re: Light Box

Postby StalinsFavoriteKhat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Congrats RedRover!!
Zupponn wrote:
stubby wrote:
RedRover wrote:ImageCyberpunk Figbarf (No. 1) by Red Rover, on Flickr


Can you give these guys guitars or something?  They look like they belong in a metal band.

Zuppon, isn't gunfire and minifigs beating each other with sticks music? That BAR the guy is holding makes some very pretty music. :lol:  :wink:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand


Come chat and stuff --> http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16603
My glorious faction and now others -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16599
Backstoryes,Chats,Stories,and other stuff -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16712
User avatar
StalinsFavoriteKhat
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 am
Location: Hell if I know....

Re: Light Box

Postby Zupponn » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 pm

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:Zuppon, isn't gunfire and minifigs beating each other with sticks music? That BAR the guy is holding makes some very pretty music. :lol:  :wink:

Maybe so, but it isn't quite metal.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product
 
Posts: 5272
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Formerly Wisconsin, Now Minnesota

Re: Light Box

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:03 am

RedRover wrote:First off, I have an awesome wife.

stop rubbing in the fact your not a NEET who's going to die alone like the rest of us goddamit  :fist:
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Rappin' for Jesus

Re: Light Box

Postby stubby » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:27 am

In the end, we all die alone
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 5005
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Light Box

Postby RedRover » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:20 pm

stubby wrote:In the end, we all die alone


Explain that to a suicide bomber
User avatar
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm
Location: CA

Re: Light Box

Postby StalinsFavoriteKhat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:
RedRover wrote:First off, I have an awesome wife.

stop rubbing in the fact your not a NEET who's going to die alone like the rest of us goddamit  :fist:

It's ok Brikguy, just calm down.
stubby wrote:In the end, we all die alone

Technically, yes. But this leads into the next comment.
RedRover wrote:
stubby wrote:In the end, we all die alone


Explain that to a suicide bomber

A). I wish you luck, and can I have your legos?
B). In the bombers case, he won't die alone, if he does his job right.
If this was anywhere else, this would be considered "Dark"
:tiger:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand


Come chat and stuff --> http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16603
My glorious faction and now others -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16599
Backstoryes,Chats,Stories,and other stuff -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16712
User avatar
StalinsFavoriteKhat
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 am
Location: Hell if I know....


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest