Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Warhead » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:05 am

All fine points but I still notice guys coming to the aid of the wumin folk. This natural and correct reaction could become an over reaction in an attempt to impress the gurls in an attempt to increase the chances of getting laid. :guinness: Bravo!.. urh, I mean... :son:

That means Natalya is the most circumspect and Arkbrik wins the thread! :D
Image
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Bragallot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:23 am

This is about the worst place you could choose to try and do something that would get you laid (with the opposite sex). Ever.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5115
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Warhead » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:48 am

:lol:
Image
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby piltogg » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:54 am

this topic.. has come up with alarming frequency in the past week. It is my opinion that the girls that our society currently produces are deficient in all thinkable ways, even more so than most boys are, and that through toys and advertisement, we could potentially have the power to empower them into... being less terrible at everything. How we would go about this is a matter would require thorough experimentation, but I feel that if we fix the girls, then it will force the boys to become fixed by extension.
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Warhead » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:19 pm

piltogg wrote:this topic.. has come up with alarming frequency in the past week. It is my opinion that the girls that our society currently produces are deficient in all thinkable ways, even more so than most boys are, and that through toys and advertisement, we could potentially have the power to empower them into... being less terrible at everything. How we would go about this is a matter would require thorough experimentation, but I feel that if we fix the girls, then it will force the boys to become fixed by extension.


...or more likely we'll all be MLP eejits. :shock: LOOK! It's already begun!!!
Image
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby piltogg » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:35 pm

a very interesting observation actually. I had not made the connection that mlp was actually very progressive from a feminist standpoint.
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Bragallot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:39 pm

MLP and all of its associates deserve nothing less than death by firing squad. No excuses.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5115
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Bragallot wrote: 'minority armour'


Only you, Brag, only you.
Image
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2771
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby stubby » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:09 pm

aoffan23 wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Also, I just experienced a situation like this about a week ago where some guy was harassing a girl on CS:GO. She put up the vote to kick and boom, he's gone in about 3 seconds.

I'm not sure if this was an attempt to make a point, because I don't see one. Are you implying he was kicked so quickly because she was a girl? Are you saying that enough punishment is given? Or are you just telling a story because it's related? If it's the third option then forgive me for even bringing it up in the first place.

The point was clear to me. Somebody's doing something that wrecks the community, and the community has the tools to correct it, then it's the community's obligation to step up and do so. That transcends any questions of gender. One person's being a dick and marginalizing somebody else because he thinks he can get away with it, everyone in the room can either let it happen or communicate that that shit doesn't fly.


Bragallot wrote:
Anybody who's been following my facebook for awhile will know that I lost this thread before it even started. The foremost opponent of sexism in gaming, Anita Sarkeesian of Feminist Frequency, has already judged against me. Before her current gaming kick, she did a bunch of femfreq videos about the toy industry, and you know who has two thumbs and got used as the main example of everything anti-feminist in the world of toys? This guy.

You know I find that ridiculous. Some people take things too far. They coat themselves in what I like to call 'minority armour' to attack everything and everyone and if you're not with them you're either sexist or brainwashed and can't think for yourself. Even if you're a feminist. Actually, AngryAussie had a cool video about that problem a while ago. The fact you're not anti-feminist should be proof enough that she's biased. Otherwise she wouldn't jump to conclusion without the proper information.

Even though you're trying to defend me, I completely disagree. This is the kind of argument I'm used to hearing from abusers when you call them on abuse - you say "you did these terrible things" and they respond with "how dare you say I'm a terrible person." Completely irrelevant. You could be a terrible person or not be a terrible person and it doesn't change the fact that you did terrible things.

Am I anti-feminist? The question has no bearing. She's pointing out that my professional work panders to the lowest common denominator of insecure 13-year-old-boy-mentality gender stereotypes, and that's absolutely correct, I make no bones about it. I pander on purpose. The whole reason I get my paycheck is because I'm better at pandering to boys than any of the guys competing for my job. It doesn't matter whether I'm feminist or anti-feminist as a person, she's commenting on specific things I've done as a professional, and those comments are accurate. I can't put on 'minority-sympathizer armor' and use it as a Get Out of Jail Free card when I know the stuff I'm doing is offensive. "But it's okay because I'm really on your side?" Please.


Warhead wrote:All fine points but I still notice guys coming to the aid of the wumin folk. This natural and correct reaction could become an over reaction in an attempt to impress the gurls in an attempt to increase the chances of getting laid. :guinness: Bravo!.. urh, I mean... :son:

I have to say I've been uncomfortable with the whole "white knight" aspect in the past. But whatever. If you reverse the situation, and I'm in a space dominated by women and I'm getting marginalized for being a dude, and a bunch of women are the ones to step up and quash the asshole, I don't worry that they're doing it because they want to get in my pants. I assume they're doing it because they don't like people being assholes, and because they're thinking about the community ethos rather than whether they happen to be the same gender as the victims or the offender. It's not about who's a woman and who's a man, it's about who happens to be in the room when they see bullshit going down.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4335
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby stubby » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:18 pm

piltogg wrote:this topic.. has come up with alarming frequency in the past week. It is my opinion that the girls that our society currently produces are deficient in all thinkable ways, even more so than most boys are, and that through toys and advertisement, we could potentially have the power to empower them into... being less terrible at everything. How we would go about this is a matter would require thorough experimentation, but I feel that if we fix the girls, then it will force the boys to become fixed by extension.

I think one of the main deficiencies in our society is that it raises boys to think that they have the right to set the standards to decide whether girls are deficient, while the Sandra Flukes of the world are locked out from even expressing their opinions on the subject.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4335
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Bragallot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Keldoclock wrote:
Bragallot wrote: 'minority armour'
Only you, Brag, only you.


Piss off and try to understand what I actually mean by it, you 'hurr let's pull everything out of context' shit for brains fuckwit.

@ stubs: because I wasn't trying to defend you at all (using you as an example because you brought it up, rather), I completely disagree. You're on the 'whatever anyone trying to represent any minority says is automatically correct' bandwagon. I'm not. Not pointing out the flaws in their reasoning and allowing them to draw false conclusions isn't helping them either. cfr the rest of my post, or even the vid.

*patiently waits for everyone to pull this out of its context and what I said earlier as well*
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5115
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Warhead » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Like it or not Wumin get a stronger defensive reaction from men than a man would in a similar situation. Bullying in the Army or Police Force wasn't even admitted to let alone tackled until they threw wumin into the mix, then all of a sudden it wasn't good enough. Not saying that kind of behavior was right, just that men, having no choice found ways to cope (or not) while wumin complain to men and men jump to their defense. I'm not totally in agreement with it. Nor am I all that aware of how I really feel about it all but that's as articulate an observation of my own experiences as I can describe.
Image
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10896
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby stubby » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Bragallot wrote:
Keldoclock wrote:
Bragallot wrote: 'minority armour'
Only you, Brag, only you.

Piss off and try to understand what I actually mean by it, you 'hurr let's pull everything out of context' shit for brains fuckwit.

There's not a whole lot of mystery to what you actually mean by it. We're all familiar with what you're talking about, and yes it happens, but getting so hung up on it that you need a label is still an only-you thing.

Bragallot wrote:@ stubs: because I wasn't trying to defend you at all (using you as an example because you brought it up, rather), I completely disagree. You're on the 'whatever anyone trying to represent any minority says is automatically correct' bandwagon. I'm not. Not pointing out the flaws in their reasoning and allowing them to draw false conclusions isn't helping them either. cfr the rest of my post, or even the vid.

Try to understand what I actually mean by it etc. etc., 'hurr let's pull everything out of context' etc. etc. I'm not saying anyone trying to represent a minority is correct, I'm saying that if you're using me as the example, this person in specific is correct about this thing in specific. Everything she accuses me of is something I was doing consciously and on purpose long before she accused me of it. I agree and/or disagree with plenty of her other points (I've been the guy arguing against her position on other forums, especially in regards to her opinion of the Friends line), but for the points relating to me in particular I'm pretty secure in my assessment.

(While I disagree with Anna on a bunch of stuff, I'm pretty sure that anything Jay Smooth says is automatically correct. That may just be because of his voice or because he has a penis.)

Warhead wrote:Like it or not Wumin get a stronger defensive reaction from men than a man would in a similar situation. Bullying in the Army or Police Force wasn't even admitted to let alone tackled until they threw wumin into the mix, then all of a sudden it wasn't good enough. Not saying that kind of behavior was right, just that men, having no choice found ways to cope (or not) while wumin complain to men and men jump to their defense. I'm not totally in agreement with it. Nor am I all that aware of how I really feel about it all but that's as articulate an observation of my own experiences as I can describe.

This is it in a nutshell. If nobody calls out abusive behavior until women get thrown into the mix, the abusers say the problem is the women. People who aren't neanderthals say we should consider the possibility that the real problem is the abusive behavior.

If men finally grow some balls and do the right thing when there are women involved, yeah, maybe there's a sexual motivation behind it, and maybe it shows a lack of respect for women's ability to defend themselves, but who cares? Even when it's true, it doesn't change the fact that it's the right thing to do. Stand up to injustice first, do all your hand-wringing about what your psychologist will think of you later.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4335
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby Pwnerade » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Remember, kids: Saying hateful things is wrong, except for when its on the internet or in a game. Then it magically doesn't matter.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
User avatar
Pwnerade
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:18 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Wumin now fucking with Online Gaming

Postby mgb519 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Natalya wrote:Image
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2481
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Shadowscythe and 2 guests