last.fm

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

last.fm

Postby Magic Soap » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Do you have it? I need friends to compare taste in pretentious hipster garbage with.
But seriously, I only have 3 friends who actively use it.
Add meh.

What’s Scrobbling?

A scrobble is a little note The Scrobbler sends to Last.fm to let us know what song you’re playing.
Scrobbling helps us tell you what songs you play most often, which songs you like the most, how much you’ve played an artist over a certain amount of time, which of your friends have similar tastes… all kinds of stuff. By focusing on the music you already play we can help you discover more music.

What you get

Scrobbles mean we can deliver personalised recommendations for every single Last.fm listener, every single day. We compare what you play to the scrobbles of millions of listeners around the world, meaning your recommendations are the result of more than 43 billion scrobbles and counting.
There’s plenty more you can do with Last.fm too. By getting involved in our community you can tag tracks, join discussions, learn what’s hot and find new ways of uncovering the secrets of your listening history.
Get started

Join today and discover more music, with Last.fm.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: last.fm

Postby Zupponn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:48 pm

What does last.fm even do? Is it an internet radio service? If so, have you ever heard of this thing called Pandora?
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Magic Soap » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Zupponn wrote:What does last.fm even do? Is it an internet radio service? If so, have you ever heard of this thing called Pandora?

Magic Soap wrote: From Last.Fm's website:
Last.fm is a music recommendation service. You use Last.fm by signing up and downloading The Scrobbler, which helps you discover more music based on the songs you play.

What’s Scrobbling?

A scrobble is a little note The Scrobbler sends to Last.fm to let us know what song you’re playing.
Scrobbling helps us tell you what songs you play most often, which songs you like the most, how much you’ve played an artist over a certain amount of time, which of your friends have similar tastes… all kinds of stuff. By focusing on the music you already play we can help you discover more music.

What you get

Scrobbles mean we can deliver personalised recommendations for every single Last.fm listener, every single day. We compare what you play to the scrobbles of millions of listeners around the world, meaning your recommendations are the result of more than 43 billion scrobbles and counting.
There’s plenty more you can do with Last.fm too. By getting involved in our community you can tag tracks, join discussions, learn what’s hot and find new ways of uncovering the secrets of your listening history.
Get started

Join today and discover more music, with Last.fm.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Apollyon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Y not? *shrugs*
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby stubby » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 am

Zupponn wrote:What does last.fm even do? Is it an internet radio service? If so, have you ever heard of this thing called Pandora?

What is this Pandora? Is it like Spotify with a whole bunch of extra limitations and without any controls?

I had a last.fm account ten years ago when I lived in Denmark, I wonder if the account still exists. I notice that Spotify has an option now that lets you Scrobble straight to your last.fm account.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Magic Soap » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

stubby wrote:I had a last.fm account ten years ago when I lived in Denmark, I wonder if the account still exists. I notice that Spotify has an option now that lets you Scrobble straight to your last.fm account.

I use grooveshark which is a legal landmine but it scrobbles straight to last.fm. Basically Last.Fm is for the obsessive and the autistic who enjoy music.
>implying music is good
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Zahru II » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Here's my account, I just have the scrobbler auto start everytime I open winamp. Feel free to add me as friend or mock my musical taste

http://www.last.fm/user/Zahru
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Magic Soap » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 pm

I will do both.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Return to General Discussion