last.fm

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

last.fm

Postby Magic Soap » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Do you have it? I need friends to compare taste in pretentious hipster garbage with.
Image
But seriously, I only have 3 friends who actively use it.
Add meh.

__________________________________________________________
From Last.Fm's website:
Last.fm is a music recommendation service. You use Last.fm by signing up and downloading The Scrobbler, which helps you discover more music based on the songs you play.

What’s Scrobbling?

A scrobble is a little note The Scrobbler sends to Last.fm to let us know what song you’re playing.
Scrobbling helps us tell you what songs you play most often, which songs you like the most, how much you’ve played an artist over a certain amount of time, which of your friends have similar tastes… all kinds of stuff. By focusing on the music you already play we can help you discover more music.

What you get

Scrobbles mean we can deliver personalised recommendations for every single Last.fm listener, every single day. We compare what you play to the scrobbles of millions of listeners around the world, meaning your recommendations are the result of more than 43 billion scrobbles and counting.
There’s plenty more you can do with Last.fm too. By getting involved in our community you can tag tracks, join discussions, learn what’s hot and find new ways of uncovering the secrets of your listening history.
Get started

Join today and discover more music, with Last.fm.
User avatar
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: 1 Nautical Mile from Imhotep and Lord Scotland

Re: last.fm

Postby Zupponn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:48 pm

What does last.fm even do? Is it an internet radio service? If so, have you ever heard of this thing called Pandora?
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5937
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: last.fm

Postby Magic Soap » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Zupponn wrote:What does last.fm even do? Is it an internet radio service? If so, have you ever heard of this thing called Pandora?

Magic Soap wrote: From Last.Fm's website:
Last.fm is a music recommendation service. You use Last.fm by signing up and downloading The Scrobbler, which helps you discover more music based on the songs you play.

What’s Scrobbling?

A scrobble is a little note The Scrobbler sends to Last.fm to let us know what song you’re playing.
Scrobbling helps us tell you what songs you play most often, which songs you like the most, how much you’ve played an artist over a certain amount of time, which of your friends have similar tastes… all kinds of stuff. By focusing on the music you already play we can help you discover more music.

What you get

Scrobbles mean we can deliver personalised recommendations for every single Last.fm listener, every single day. We compare what you play to the scrobbles of millions of listeners around the world, meaning your recommendations are the result of more than 43 billion scrobbles and counting.
There’s plenty more you can do with Last.fm too. By getting involved in our community you can tag tracks, join discussions, learn what’s hot and find new ways of uncovering the secrets of your listening history.
Get started

Join today and discover more music, with Last.fm.
User avatar
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: 1 Nautical Mile from Imhotep and Lord Scotland

Re: last.fm

Postby Apollyon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Y not? *shrugs*
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
User avatar
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am
Location: I am in Berlin bitch!

Re: last.fm

Postby stubby » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 am

Zupponn wrote:What does last.fm even do? Is it an internet radio service? If so, have you ever heard of this thing called Pandora?

What is this Pandora? Is it like Spotify with a whole bunch of extra limitations and without any controls?

I had a last.fm account ten years ago when I lived in Denmark, I wonder if the account still exists. I notice that Spotify has an option now that lets you Scrobble straight to your last.fm account.
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: last.fm

Postby Magic Soap » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

stubby wrote:I had a last.fm account ten years ago when I lived in Denmark, I wonder if the account still exists. I notice that Spotify has an option now that lets you Scrobble straight to your last.fm account.

I use grooveshark which is a legal landmine but it scrobbles straight to last.fm. Basically Last.Fm is for the obsessive and the autistic who enjoy music.
>implying music is good
User avatar
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: 1 Nautical Mile from Imhotep and Lord Scotland

Re: last.fm

Postby Zahru II » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Here's my account, I just have the scrobbler auto start everytime I open winamp. Feel free to add me as friend or mock my musical taste

http://www.last.fm/user/Zahru
User avatar
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time
 
Posts: 4620
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Location: Hüngäry

Re: last.fm

Postby Magic Soap » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 pm

I will do both.
User avatar
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: 1 Nautical Mile from Imhotep and Lord Scotland


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests