PlayStation 4
67%
OUYA
22%

Total votes : 9

Re: Next Generation Consoles

Postby mercury19 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:17 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
dilanski wrote:I'm mostly unfamiliar with Steam Box, From what I've read it's just a PC line running a proprietary OS, and that's it.

Most importantly, when you got it it would be able to come with like 50 games pre-loaded, because Steam. The release would assuredly coincide with some crazy-ass steam sale where you'd be able to load on another hundred or so for the price of a regular game.

That would be awesome! But I(we) already have steam on my pc, and I(we) can access that same sale on my pc.
mercury19
Minifig

Location: Probably somewhere in the Brikverse. Oh wait, you mean physically?

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Kalvinator wrote:
Natalya wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:So the new generation is what? Deep Gaming 9?

And we have a :winrar: .

Yay! I finally won something here! Do I get free internet points?

The internet is a meritocracy. You've earned those points through hard work! Enjoy them.
月にかわってお仕置きよ!
月の光は愛のメセジ
Insert_blank
Minifig

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Why even discuss this? Isn't it a given fans of the most open ended table top game will play on the most open ended system?
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:23 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:Why even discuss this? Isn't it a given fans of the most open ended table top game will play on the most open ended system?

Why even discuss "classic rock" in a metal forum?

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Silverdream wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:Why even discuss this? Isn't it a given fans of the most open ended table top game will play on the most open ended system?

Why even discuss "classic rock" in a metal forum?

With no classic rock, there would be no metal. The first "game systems" besides the 2600 and ripoffs, were actually computers. (commidor 64)
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Without slavery, rock couldn't exist which means classic rock couldn't exist which means metal couldn't exist. Is it really relevant to make a thread about my top ten favourite slave owners?

Rock isn't metal. The thread belongs in thunderdumb, or possibly general discussion.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:49 am

Silverdream wrote:Without slavery, rock couldn't exist which means classic rock couldn't exist which means metal couldn't exist. Is it really relevant to make a thread about my top ten favourite slave owners?

Rock isn't metal. The thread belongs in thunderdumb, or possibly general discussion.
Look, Metal bands and Rock bands during the 70's had mostly the same interests: Coked up sex, guitar riffs, and even more drugs. Besides, a lot of classic rock bands blur the lines between hard rock and metal.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:05 am

Quit while you're ahead Sam, you're getting schooled by Silva and you're spiraling. Eject! Eject!

mercury19 wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:
dilanski wrote:I'm mostly unfamiliar with Steam Box, From what I've read it's just a PC line running a proprietary OS, and that's it.

Most importantly, when you got it it would be able to come with like 50 games pre-loaded, because Steam. The release would assuredly coincide with some crazy-ass steam sale where you'd be able to load on another hundred or so for the price of a regular game.

That would be awesome! But I(we) already have steam on my pc, and I(we) can access that same sale on my pc.

Ah, but then you'd be able to download all the games you already DO have onto this console thing that you can lug around to your friends' houses.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:10 am

samuelzz10 wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Without slavery, rock couldn't exist which means classic rock couldn't exist which means metal couldn't exist. Is it really relevant to make a thread about my top ten favourite slave owners?

Look, Metal bands and Rock bands during the 70's had mostly the same interests: Coked up sex, guitar riffs, and even more drugs. Besides, a lot of classic rock bands blur the lines between hard rock and metal.

Country music has coked up sex, guitar riffs and even more drugs too, but it is still not metal. Some bands do blur the lines between rock and metal, and they are worth talking about just like bands that blur the lines between metal and electro or even metal and dub step. Those are still relevant to metal. However, bands like Boston, Kansas, The Beatles, Tom Jones, Queen, Neil Young and Pink Floyd are not. It's okay for some bands to not be metal, because it keeps the genre from oversaturation.

Anyways, the main point of this is that rock is not metal. Rock and roll is not metal. Classic rock is not metal. Metal is metal. Rock is rock. Metal is not rock. They are different things.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Silverdream wrote:Just read what silva said in the post above, I'm doing this to avoid quote tunneling
Either way, it's isolated to one topic. I think it would make sense if it was a sub-forum, because then it would be a special interest inside a special interest. Either way, classic rock musically is still closer to metal than dubstep and all that, and country just fucking sucks, but that's a story for another time.

Also, sorry for temporarily derailing the thread.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby mgb519 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 pm

This is a man who does not like Johnny Cash. This is a man that I have lost some respect for.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:43 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Just read what silva said in the post above, I'm doing this to avoid quote tunneling
Either way, it's isolated to one topic. I think it would make sense if it was a sub-forum, because then it would be a special interest inside a special interest. Either way, classic rock musically is still closer to metal than dubstep and all that, and country just fucking sucks, but that's a story for another time.

None of the bands you listed in your classic rock discussion best albums ever thread are metal. Black Sabbath is the one exception. Many dubstep songs are close to metal, because they are metal songs dub-stepalized. Your country opinion is your opinion, I won't argue with it because I hate Homestuck unconditionally. I still find it painfully ignorant of my main points though.

Classic Rock isn't more musically closer to metal than Punk or Grunge or even Eclectic. It's not metal. Some rocks are metal I think, but Rock (the musical genre) is not Metal (the musical genre). Classic Rock (the genre) isn't Metal (the genre). Queen is a great band and Freddie Mercury has one of the best vocal ranges in history but it is not metal. It is rock. Rock is not metal.

Here is a longer version of my argument:

Rock isn't metal, metal isn't rock.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby dilanski » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:22 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:Also, sorry for temporarily derailing the thread.

:rule7: It was doomed to die from the start. Just like rock musics credibility as a genre.
ImageImage
o/
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby stubby » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:27 pm

dilanski wrote: :rule7: It was doomed to die from the start. Just like rock musics credibility as a genre.

:tiger:
stubby
forum janitor

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Silverdream wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:

None of the bands you listed in your classic rock discussion best albums ever thread are metal. Black Sabbath is the one exception. Many dubstep songs are close to metal, because they are metal songs dub-stepalized. Your country opinion is your opinion, I won't argue with it because I hate Homestuck unconditionally. I still find it painfully ignorant of my main points though.

Classic Rock isn't more musically closer to metal than Punk or Grunge or even Eclectic. It's not metal. Some rocks are metal I think, but Rock (the musical genre) is not Metal (the musical genre). Classic Rock (the genre) isn't Metal (the genre). Queen is a great band and Freddie Mercury has one of the best vocal ranges in history but it is not metal. It is rock. Rock is not metal.

Here is a longer version of my argument:

My musical tastes have evolved surprisingly fast since I made that top albums list. Actually, half of the acts would be different. It would now be more like Kiss, Van Halen, Guns and Roses, and Joan Jett, all of them have at least once flown close to metal if not into metal itself. Also, I use classic rock as a shitty umbrella term for really "anything that isn't metal but is a form of rock". Punk rock, hard rock, and soft rock are all in my badly defined opinion classic rock, because no good rock has come out since the late 80's besides 2 or 3 nirvana songs or bands that came from that era that still make music. Also, I hate homestuck.
dilanski wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:Also, sorry for temporarily derailing the thread.

:rule7: It was doomed to die from the start. Just like rock musics credibility as a genre.
Unfortunately true, but only because of Nickelback and several other bands that act like they're good.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion