Japanese Cartoons

Weaboo うんこ is over. Now it's all magical girls all the time

Moderators: Natalya, Colette, Silverdream, Insert_blank

Re: Anime

Postby Silverdream » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:27 pm

Finally got around to seeing the second Gurren Lagann movie, and it was awesome. Basically the two movies are a condensed version of the series with a few minor differences, mainly better animation and everything is powered up by 200x. In the opening scene of the second movie, two battleship mecha crasg and begin rapidly punching each other. It's a bunch of ridiculous, hot-blooded mecha action but it still managed to be pretty moving.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Colette » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Silverdream wrote:Now on to the next topic, who is best guy?

Game over.
Spoiler: show

Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Silverdream » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:41 pm

That's not even the best guy in Code Geass.

Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Vami IV » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Colette wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Now on to the next topic, who is best guy?

Game over.

Fix'd
Last edited by Vami IV on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby Colette » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby stubby » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Roy is cool, but BRO is the best Kamina.

As long as I'm googling images, these guys sum up my headkanon of Silverdream and Overwatch:

Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Zahru II » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Silverdream wrote:Finally got around to seeing the second Gurren Lagann movie

I liked the second movie a lot more than the episodes it condenses from the series (for me the whole anti-spiral arc dragged on far too long initially and involved a lot of unnecessary drama, which felt very unlike the show), and it's probably a better substitute for those if I were to rewatch the whole series again.
The first compilation movie is alright; I liked how Cytomander got a little more spotlight (though basically he had the same role as Guame had in the series).
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Silverdream » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Zahru II wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Finally got around to seeing the second Gurren Lagann movie

I liked the second movie a lot more than the episodes it condenses from the series (for me the whole anti-spiral arc dragged on far too long initially and involved a lot of unnecessary drama, which felt very unlike the show), and it's probably a better substitute for those if I were to rewatch the whole series again.
The first compilation movie is alright; I liked how Cytomander got a little more spotlight (though basically he had the same role as Guame had in the series).

Really? I loved the second arc, and there were a few very emotional parts in the first part:
Kamina's death, Simon wanting to die and going into a frenzy when seeing enemy gunmen, etc. Also the tone of some episodes was kind of melancholic but uplifting, the episode where they find Rossiu for example and also the first episode with Simon being a sad orphan.

I also thought that the dramatic parts with people dying and sacrificing themselves increased the tension really well, and made all that escalation of giant mechs punching the shit out of each other all the more satisfying.

I can see where you're coming from though, all the characters had their badass moments in the second movie and it really felt like it was a team effort to beat the anti-spiral. Everyone had their moment to showcase their abilities, and I think I like Kittan a lot more than I did before.
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Zahru II » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:36 pm

I like it once

they get to transform into Arc-Gurren Lagann and decide to bring the fight to the anti-spirals; but episodes 18-21 really left a sour taste in my mouth. I also dislike how they threw away a lot of the supporting cast in rapid succession (not talking about Kittan's sacrifice, that was very well done). I know they did that to raise the stakes, but it just felt very cheap because it happened so fast. I liked how they didn't do that in the movie.
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Silverdream » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:36 pm

My picks for Saimoe:

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting/

[tableprel][tr][td]ARENA 01[/td][td]-[/td][td]Yuigahama Yui[/td][td]Noire[/td][tdprel]Sakura Kyōko[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 02[/td][td]-[/td][td]Chitanda Eru[/td][td]Yūki Mikan[/td][tdprel]Chocolat[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 03[/td][td]-[/td][tdprel]Kaga Kōko[/tdprel][td]Nishikino Maki[/td][td]Ai Astin[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 04[/td][td]-[/td][td]Kitashirakawa Tamako[/td][td]Yūōji Ōka[/td][tdprel]Mukaido Manaka[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 05[/td][td]-[/td][td]Koshigaya Komari[/td][tdprel]Kasukabe Yō[/tdprel][td]Celestia Ludenberg[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 06[/td][td]-[/td][td]Roromiya Karuta[/td][tdprel]Yatogami Tōka[/tdprel][td]Charlotte Belew[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 07[/td][td]-[/td][td]Shindō Ai[/td][tdprel]Tsuchimikado Natsume[/tdprel][td]Neptune[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 08[/td][td]-[/td][td]Miyauchi Renge[/td][td]Misaki Mei[/td][tdprel]Kurousagi[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 09[/td][td]-[/td][td]Matsuoka Gō[/td][td]Fuyuumi Ai[/td][tdprel]Inaba Himeko[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 10[/td][td]-[/td][tdprel]Yukinoshita Yukino[/tdprel][td]Shirakiin Ririchiyo[/td][td]Dekomori Sanae[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 11[/td][td]-[/td][td]Kujō Karen[/td][tdprel]Miki Sayaka[/tdprel][td]Kudō Asuka[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 12[/td][td]-[/td][tdprel]Gasai Yuno[/tdprel][td]Nōmi Kudryavka[/td][td]Nepgear[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 13[/td][td]-[/td][td]Kurugaya Yuiko[/td][tdprel]Yukihira Furano[/tdprel][td]Akatsuki[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 14[/td][td]-[/td][td]Momo Belia Deviluke[/td][tdprel]Kaname Madoka[/tdprel][td]Takanashi Tōka[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 15[/td][td]-[/td][td]Myucel Foaran[/td][td]Iona[/td][tdprel]Ichijō Hotaru[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 16[/td][td]-[/td][td]Kirigaya Suguha[/td][tdprel]Shokuhō Misaki[/tdprel][td]Shiomiya Shiori[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 17[/td][td]-[/td][td]Takao[/td][td]Kamikita Komari[/td][tdprel]Kuroki Tomoko[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 18[/td][td]-[/td][td]Leticia Draculair[/td][tdprel]Cthugha[/tdprel][td]Laura Bodewig[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 19[/td][td]-[/td][td]Dairenji Suzuka[/td][tdprel]Matoi Ryūko[/tdprel][td]Natsukawa Masuzu[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 20[/td][td]-[/td][td]Nase Mitsuki[/td][td]Tobiichi Origami[/td][tdprel]Nyarlathotep[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 21[/td][td]-[/td][tdprel]Frenda Seivelun[/tdprel][td]Himeragi Yukina[/td][td]Kirigiri Kyōko[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 22[/td][td]-[/td][tdprel]Mikasa Ackerman[/tdprel][td]Frey[/td][td]Yusa Emi[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 23[/td][td]-[/td][td]Yui[/td][tdprel]Haqua du Lot Herminium[/tdprel][td]Natsume Rin[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 24[/td][td]-[/td][tdprel]Tōma Kazusa[/tdprel][td]Hiradaira Chisaki[/td][td]Morgiana[/td][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 25[/td][td]-[/td][td]Takanashi Rikka[/td][td]Itsuka Kotori[/td][tdprel]Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 26[/td][td]-[/td][td]Nakamura Yuri[/td][td]Charlotte Dunois[/td][tdprel]Last Order[/tdprel][/tr][tr][td]ARENA 27[/td][td]-[/td][tdprel]Oshino Shinobu[/tdprel][td]Iwasawa Masami[/td][td]Yuzuriha Inori[/td][/tr][/tableprel]

Last edited by Silverdream on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Vami IV » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Random anime game:
Guess the Character

Some Ecchi / Fan service, just for kicks.
Last edited by Vami IV on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vami IV

Postby Colette » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:55 pm

God dammit, I can't get the association with Rei out of my head. You terrible bastard, Vami.

Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Zahru II » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:31 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:Shiina Miyako and that isn't anime she's from a pr0n game :l

:fudge:
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Vami IV » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:44 am

Zahru II wrote:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:Shiina Miyako and that isn't anime she's from a pr0n game :l

:fudge:

In Japan, there is no fucking difference.

And Majikoi does have an anime.

http://www.dubbedepisodes.org/majikoi-o ... nglish-dub

Although, if I recall correctly, it's mostly just fanservice, especially when Miyako starts having her "delusions."
Last edited by Vami IV on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vami IV

Postby Zahru II » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:01 am

I did look up that scene and it has uses more or less the same pics because they are playing the VN in the anime or somthing like that.
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

PreviousNext

Return to Magical Girls