Japanese Cartoons

This forum is for weaboos and their weaboo うんこ

Moderators: Natalya, Colette, Insert_blank, Silverdream

Re: We Sailor Moon now

Postby Insert_blank » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:45 am

Zahru II wrote:
Insert_blank wrote:I really hated the 3d transformation though...

Yeah, that bothers me because it's kind of an "uncanny valley" for me. Freaks me out for no apparent reason.

It just didn't fit in with the entire rest of the show and looked odd. If they had wanted to do her Sailor Moon form as 3d all the time it would still be weird and I wouldn't like it but it would have made sense. This kind of feels like they were too lazy to hand draw the transformation.
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Re: Hentai Zone

Postby Zahru II » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Aw yiss

Space Dandy is back
Zahru II
YOU'RE GONNA KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE A WAIFU

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:46 pm

This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Best Forum Member™

Postby Colette » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:17 pm

If there was ever something colette could fap to, it's this: http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Population_dynamics (Warning: Spoilers and differential equations).

Spoiler: show

Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:09 am

Silverdream wrote:Have any of you guys been watching Aldnoah Zero? I thought the first episode was pretty good and showed potential. For those of you who don't know, it's a Sci-fi mecha anime about a war between Mars and Earth. It's written by Gen Urobuchi (Madoka, Fate/Zero, Psycho Pass) Directed by Ei Aioki (Fate/Zero) and the music is done by Sawano (Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill)

You forgot suits, anti-villains, and probably eldritch abominations (the mechs). Yeah first ep seems promising but I don't know who the mc is... I guess it's the school boy or maybe it's the Martian-controlled boy?
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:34 am

I'd assume both.

Also I'm not sure if Lolis should be crossed off, because there was a little girl following the Princess but she wasn't really sexualized in any way.
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Best Forum Member™

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:34 am

I've just finished watching it myself.  It has solid long term potential.  The rivalry between the Knights seems like the baseline for the show but I like that it's more complicated than that.  I also really like the clean animation style, mixed in with the landscape shots.

Insert_blank wrote:but I don't know who the mc is

I like the utter calm of Inaho and I see potential for its use in the future.  I'm not sure I like Slaine, as he seems like the typical, stuttering young lad who later finds determination in some cause.  Probably in this case, the Princess.  Who is awesome, somehow.  Very likeable.  What I like most so far is that they've introduced several characters who all seem equally important.  I hope they keep it that way.

And the music.  Wow.  I fucking love the music.

Also, I just started Knights of Sidonia over on Netflix.  It's weird and I'm not sure I like it.  I think I very much dislike the lazy approach to both animation and storytelling, but we'll see.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:54 am

I like the Martian Knights and I guess we're going to get our Cahr-clone at some point. My mecha hero is usually the cool anti-hero anyway.

I like Sidonia's art style, reminds me of Deep Sub 6 which was cool. I'm waiting for a batch torrent from Underwater before I watch it though. Apparently it's a slice of life mecha show like Gargantia which I really enjoyed last year.
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:54 am

Insert_blank wrote:I like the Martian Knights and I guess we're going to get our Char-clone at some point. My mecha hero is usually the cool anti-hero anyway.

I like Sidonia's art style, reminds me of Deep Sub 6 which was cool. I'm waiting for a batch torrent from Underwater before I watch it though. Apparently it's a slice of life mecha show like Gargantia which I really enjoyed last year.
I like the Martian Knights and I guess we're going to get our Char-clone at some point. My mecha hero is usually the cool anti-hero anyway.

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Postby piltogg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm

I haven't got even the slightest clue who this guy is. <---

*reverse image searches furiously*
piltogg
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:19 pm

I've heard Knights of Sidonia was basically Attack on Titan in space (and also pretty good), so I was meaning to check it out when it came on Netflix.

Also Insert_Blank, you probably know this but Gen Urobuchi also wrote the first and last episodes for Gargantia.
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Best Forum Member™

Postby Tzan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Uhm yeah, it took like 1 minute.

http://wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Kunzite

lrn 2 internetz
Tzan
Mike doesn't see anything in the Marblecake Forum
Mike doesn't see anything in the Marblecake Forum

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:01 pm

I watched a few more episodes of Sidonia.

Silverdream wrote:Knights of Sidonia was basically Attack on Titan in space

A good analogy, although I'd have to say the Titans are so, so much more frightening than the Gauna.  They're certainly more...visceral.  Sidonia does a great job of presenting a sense of hopelessness in the face of overwhelming force, however.  It just doesn't seem to be as focused as AoT.  I think the art direction is tied directly into that.  Sidonia itself is complex, jumbled, repetitive.  But the character design is minimalist.  The colors are muted almost all the time.  Even the space scenes have a density that is almost suffocating.  But the characterizations themselves run (at a guess, I'd say purposefully) counter to that.  A casual ease, some arrogance, complex relationships, a notably present focus on human physicality (injuries, hunger, sexual adaptation, genetic manipulations).  It's almost like they want to play up the danger of the Gauna by shocking the audience with their sudden, forceful, and overwhelming presence in the face of all the normal stuff we've just seen.  It works, of course, but it's formulaic.  So far, I've seen this anime before a dozen times but that's not a bad thing, necessarily.  It has obviously engaged me enough already.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:22 pm

I watched the first episode only, but I have to say I agree with you. I really like most of the designs and visuals , but the battle scenes seem very cluttered. I'm also not a fan of the animation style. Despite that I think that the setting is really interesting. Massive space ships with labyrinthine systems below and a militaristic oligarchy above. I also like the idea of bear people with robot claws and the bigendered (seriously, that sounds like the best gender ever).
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Best Forum Member™

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Okay... that worries me. I really disliked AoT. I watched about 10eps and didn't care about any of the characters. It's shounen stuff and I've already seen it 100 times in anime I watched in the 90s. I hated the ep where the MC was trying to use the harness but he couldn't do it only for it to be unveiled that he was actually totally awesome and the best ever but the harness was broken. It would have been a much better show if he just sucked at it and needed to practice more than anyone else just to be competent.

I also just hate shounen anime, though.
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

PreviousNext

Return to Weaboos