Discussion of Edgy Deconstructions

Look at all those prestiges

Moderators: Silverdream, goldeennightmare, silvadream

Re: Anime Thread

Postby Insert_blank » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:44 am

I forget he also does serious stuff. Kids on the Slope was really popular a few years back and most people have a giant boner for Macross Plus.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Douse yourself in water and repent.
Insert_blank
I like how the floor looks covered in blood

Postby The Shadowscythe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:51 am

I have a general, all purpose boner for all things Macross - that being said, I prefer Macross 7 (and the associated OVA's) over Macross Plus.

Macross Frontier and the recent films are by far the best of the collection so far. DAT MACROSS QUARTER.

On another note, I have laid my filthy little mitts on Suisei no Gargantia after a recommendation from a friend.

I'll let ya'll know what I think soon enough.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Vami IV » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:48 am

Anyone ever watched or is watching Gosick?
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby The Shadowscythe » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:31 pm

So I have now sat my way through six or so episodes of Suisei no Gargantia (otherwise known as Gargantia on the Verdurous planet) and I have to say I am enjoying this well made, fairly laid back little series.

I have to admit, the plot line itself strikes me as being family close to webcomics I read nearly a decade ago (language barrier and culture shock, the main character is a warrior from an eternal war thrown into a completely opposite society, oh the future lulz) but it is something I can just turn on and sit through fairly brainlessly for a few hours, so it gets a thumbs up from me.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby mgb519 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:35 pm

What webcomics?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:32 pm

(Madoka spoilers)

<Theblackdog>: As if Kyubey couldn't get any more nightmarish, now it's giving a lecture on physics
<Theblackdog>: And it can't experience emotion either
<Scratch>: Kyubey is actually colette
<Theblackdog>: ^Explains everything
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Insert_blank » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:52 am

Yeah I liked Gargantia well enough. Apparently s2 is forthcoming.

I've only seen Macross original to Plus (including II, Zero and whatever other little OVAs there were). Planning on doing 7 soon. I really liked II which I understand is not usual for most people. I thought Plus was anime TopGun without all the cool stuff that made TopGun a bad/good movie.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Insert_blank

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:46 am

Vami IV wrote:Anyone ever watched or is watching Gosick?

I was thinking of watching it, perhaps we can watch it together and beat each other off to all the fictional japanese girls.
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Aldnoah Zero Episode 2:

This is turning into Red Dawn with mecha. Also, for some reason the CG doesn't bother me.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:52 am

Silverdream wrote:Aldnoah Zero Episode 2:

I mean, I should've seen that coming but I didn't really. Solid way to get the main characters involved, though.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby ikensall » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:54 am

I'm not much of an anime watcher, but I did find this series called Girls und Panzer. Some of the characters are a bit thin and the first few episodes are seemingly quite uneventful, but it does have a semi-tangible plot and (as the name suggests) it has tanks, and impressively animated ones at that...
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Insert_blank » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 am

Silva, if you're a big fan of the Butcher you're doing yourself a disservice by not watching Kamen Rider Gaim. It's live action and some of the cgi is cheap looking since it's on a TV budget but it's a solid entry in his portfolio.

You can find the show easily enough (aesir subs are the way to go. The guy is a native English speaker and unlike anime subs live action stuff is usually translated by people whose 2nd language is English and 3rd is Japanese).
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Insert_blank

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:26 am

ikensall wrote:I'm not much of an anime watcher, but I did find this series called Girls und Panzer. Some of the characters are a bit thin and the first few episodes are seemingly quite uneventful, but it does have a semi-tangible plot and (as the name suggests) it has tanks, and impressively animated ones at that...

I love Girls und Panzer. Not because of the cute, but because of the tanks and the strategy (as well as some satire of WWII). Once you've finished, the studio recently released an OVA where the girls actually battle Anzio.

Also Insert Blank, I'll give it a shot later. Right now I'm watching Psycho Pass, Knights of Sidonia, and the currently airing shows Love Stage, Aldnoah Zero, Zankyou no Terror and DRAMAtical Murder.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby ikensall » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Silverdream wrote: Once you've finished, the studio recently released an OVA where the girls actually battle Anzio.

Ah, I'd heard that was on it's way, I'll try and find it somewhere when I feel like it, good to know they've finally got it out.
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:48 pm

There's also a bunch of specials from the blu rays. I haven't seen it, but I'm assuming it's just stuff like this. In the fall there's supposed to be a Girls Und Panzer movie coming out.

Silverdream
kaka pants

PreviousNext

Return to The Silvawards and Anime